Ma & Pa Kettle Go to Washington..........

National news scene

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Re: Ma & Pa Kettle Go to Washington..........

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 11:47 AM

Jordan calls on Cheney to step down from House leadership

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) is calling on House Republican Conference Chair Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) to be removed from leadership for announcing her plans to vote to impeach President Trump for inciting last week's riot at the Capitol.

Jordan, a founder of the conservative House Freedom Caucus and one of Trump’s top defenders in the House, joined other GOP allies of Trump in calling for Cheney to step down from the role.

“We ought to have a second vote,” he told reporters, according to the Capitol Hill reporter pool. "The conference ought to vote on that."

Jordan’s comments echo those of Rep. Matt Rosendale (R-Mont.) and Freedom Caucus Chairman Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.).

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5340 ... leadership

Rep Biggs, you will recall coordinated with the organizer that coordinated the DC riots........ :roll:

FREEDOM CAUCUS CHAIR ANDY BIGGS HELPED PLAN JANUARY 6 EVENT, LEAD ORGANIZER SAYS
In December, Ali Alexander claimed he and three House Republicans were organizing the rally that led to a storming of the Capitol on January 6.

THE HEAD OF the House Freedom Caucus, Republican Rep. Andy Biggs of Arizona, helped plan the January 6 event that culminated in a storming of the Capitol, according to Ali Alexander, a lead organizer of the gathering. Alexander, a pro-Trump personality, was an early founder of the “Stop the Steal” movement and helped bring together various right-wing factions around a mass event on January 6, aimed to coincide with objections to the counting of Electoral College votes.

Alexander made his claim in three separate livestreams in late December, adding that Reps. Paul Gosar of Arizona and Mo Brooks of Alabama were also involved. “We’re the four guys who came up with a January 6 event,” Alexander said. On December 8, the Arizona Republican Party boosted Alexander, asking supporters if they were willing to give their lives in the fight over the results of the presidential election.
https://theintercept.com/2021/01/11/ca ... aul-gosar/
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 11:50 AM

Thinking about Led Zeppelin's song When the Levy Breaks...........

Disney, Walmart say they will block donations to lawmakers who objected to Electoral College results

Disney and Walmart became the latest companies to announce they will halt any donations to lawmakers who objected to certifying the Electoral College results last week.

The rebukes from the two giants marked the newest salvo in a burgeoning rebuke from corporate America against politicians looked to subvert the presidential election. Companies have begun scrambling to disavow their support for lawmakers who voted against certification after evidence-challenged claims that the presidential race was fraudulent helped fuel a deadly riot at the Capitol last week.

Disney, the world’s largest entertainment firm, said it would not make any donations in 2021 to those who voted against certifying the Electoral College’s results showing President-elect Joe Biden defeating President Trump by a 306-232 margin.

“The insurrection at our nation’s Capitol was a direct assault on one of our country’s most revered tenets: the peaceful transition of power. In the immediate aftermath of that appalling siege, Members of Congress had an opportunity to unite—an opportunity that some sadly refused to embrace. In light of these events, we have decided we will not make political contributions in 2021 to lawmakers who voted to reject the certification of the Electoral College votes,” the company said in a statement.

Walmart, the nation’s largest retail company, said it will review its donations but is indefinitely suspending contributions to lawmakers who voted against certification.
https://thehill.com/regulation/business ... ed_content
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 11:54 AM

Et tu, Brit?????

Fox's Brit Hume rips 'radioactive' Trump: 'Utter balderdash' was fed 'into the veins of his supporters'

Fox News analyst Brit Hume rejected the possibility of President Trump winning public office again following the deadly riots at the U.S. Capitol that sparked a second impeachment effort, saying he is now "radioactive" among mainstream Republicans.

Speaking on "Tucker Carlson Tonight" late Tuesday Hume blamed the president and his allies for feeding his supporters "balderdash" about the legitimacy of the 2020 election as well as Vice President Mike Pence's supposed ability to overturn the results.

"All of that stuff he said for weeks on end after the election...that he won it in a landslide and that was all stolen from him, and that Mike Pence had the authority, which he most certainly did not," Hume told host Tucker Carlson. "That was utter balderdash and he fed it into the veins of his supporters, and one could make a pretty good case that that’s part of what got them into a fever that led to last week’s events."

Mainstream Republican figures, Hume added, are "furious" with the president following the loss of two Senate seats in Georgia's runoff elections last week, compounded with the political fallout from last Wednesday's riot, which left five people dead at the Capitol including one Capitol Police officer. A second officer who responded to the riot died days later.

“They are furious with him,” he continued. “They believe in their bones that he cost them the two special elections in the state of Georgia, which they manifestly should not have lost."

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5340 ... ins-of-his

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 11:56 AM

Car dealership fires man seen in videos at Capitol riot

Car dealership fires man seen in videos at Capitol riot
© UPI Photo
A car dealership in Savannah, Ga. has fired one of its employees who was seen in videos participating in last week's deadly Capitol riot.

Vaden Nissan fired Dominic Box on Friday, local NBC-affiliate WSAV-TV reports.

In a statement to the news station, Vaden Automotive said, “We are no longer affiliated with him in any way and we are not at liberty to discuss employment matters.”

The car dealership did not disclose what its motivation behind firing Vaden was, and Box reportedly refused to speak to the news station when contacted for comment.

WSAV notes that Box is an outspoken supporter of QAnon conspiracy theories, which have been blamed for inflaming the rioters who stormed through the Capitol building on Wednesday.

Box live-streamed videos of himself at the riot on his now-defunct Facebook page, WSAV reports.
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... pitol-riot

Say it with me now...............

Idiot

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 11:59 AM

Makes more sense........

Hoyer: MAGA stands for 'Make America Grieve Again'

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-Md.) said Wednesday as the chamber prepared to take up impeachment proceedings against President Trump that the president's "Make America Great Again" campaign slogan should be described as "Make America Grieve Again."

Hoyer spoke on the House floor about how members of the mob in support of Trump who broke into the Capitol last week wore "MAGA Civil War January 6, 2021" shirts and erected a gallows with a platform and noose on the Capitol's west front. One man was also spotted in a "Camp Auschwitz" shirt.

"They had the hats on of the army of MAGA, which I refer to as 'Make America Grieve Again,'" Hoyer said during preliminary House floor debate.

"We grieved at Ft. Sumter. We grieved on Dec. 7, 1941 and we grieved on 9/11. And yes, we grieved on Jan. 6 of this year."

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/5340 ... ieve-again

Wow Trump supporters. Nice company you're keeping..........

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 12:02 PM

Oh......... the drama!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is that the Right just LOVES to hate on the Jews??????

Glenn Beck compares tech's ban on Trump to Nazis putting 'Jews behind the wall'

Conservative commentator and founder of TheBlaze Glenn Beck said Tuesday that President Trump’s exile from social media following last week's Capitol riot is like a "digital ghetto," comparing it to "Germans with the Jews behind the wall."

Appearing on Fox News, Beck told host Tucker Carlson, “The government and high tech need each other. So this — with the implosion of trust, they have to join hands. And it's extraordinarily dangerous.”
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/534 ... d-the-wall

It's called "violation of terms of service" you freaking idiot.......

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-13-2021 12:33 PM

You will do anything for Hitler , Right Kbot, you are such a good little boy, any thing that causes grief, and pain to your fellow man, you seem to be all for. We can all read , we know what is going on, how can any one not.? None of us here would wish the Harm you wish on others, beware of you Karma, your delight, may come around and give you , what you are so eager to wish on others. So you won...Freedom and Liberty are just not for you. And In your case, I agree with you.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 02:08 PM

Doka, you REALLY need to study history - and current events.

Stop drinking the Kool Aid, lift up your head, take in a deep breath, look around you and acknowledge, and admit, that it is Trump and the GOP that have fully embraced the Nazi Party.

You have fellow travelers wearing T-Shirts emblazoned with "Camp Auschwitz" and "6 million Jews weren't enough". You have Nazis in this country that were catered-to and a called-upon by YOUR leader, who, on Trump's call, rose-up and attacked the USA Congress.

YOUR people ransacked the US Capitol, erected gallows, and called for the hanging of the Vice President of the US as well as the Speaker of the House. YOUR people went throughout the US Capitol with guns and zip ties looking to take hostages. YOUR people went to the US Capitol with bombs and Molotov cocktails. Do you honestly think they went with the intent of having a picnic?

You have members of he GOP House of Representatives voting against Trump - RIGHT NOW, expressing fear for their country, themselves and their family. Think about that Doka - even members of the GOP are afraid for where Trump has brought this country.

The military and police at state and federal levels, as well as the FBI are arresting Trump supporters for engaging in an illegal violent attempted coup. If TRUMP had not gutted DHS, maybe five lives would not have been lost. The TRUMP administration is so uncaring at even the most basic levels that it couldn't even bring itself to lower its flag to half staff until days after the Congress did

While the US Capitol was under attack. members of the GOP House were tweeting that members of Congress were being moved - and engaging in fundraising at the same time......... Think about THAT for a moment Doka.

But........ with you and many in the GOP, it's all about Trump. Certainly not the country.

And that's a very sad perspective to have.

I feel sorry for you.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2021 02:51 PM

The insurrection had been planned for a long time and some military, police and other so called protectors of society were all on board with it. Now do you really think Moscow Mitch knew nothing about it ages ago? If this coup had been successful and Trump was now getting ready to start his second term because of it, McConnel would be delighted and Trump and all the ugly Rethugs would be toasting Trump with Dom Perignon. It failed so now Mitch is calling for Trump's head.

You came to the right thread Doka as it's all about exposing the stupid people that you so admire. :roll:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2021 06:37 PM

Now the fearless leader gives a ridiculous speech begging his supporters to be nice. I wonder if he did this under duress? Like being threatened with the 25th Amendment or else?
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 07:55 PM

A friend sent me this. Enjoy...... :mrgreen:

If I had 5 minutes with Donald this is what I would say… #Resign

Dear Donald,

I’d call you Mr. President, but you never bothered to act like one. With no respect where none is due, I must insist that you sit down and shut the hell up. We are done with you.

I know you find it hard to believe that you lost the election. It must amaze your tiny brain and make your enormous ego soar to know that over 70 million American’s voted for you. It might seem incredible what you can accomplish taking advantage of people’s fear and ignorance, but convincing a fly to land on **** really isn’t a very impressive accomplishment. It’s a fly. And you’re ****.

What is impressive, stunning actually, is that over 80 million Americans turned out during a pandemic and overcame a whole host of voter suppression tactics to vote against you. Just think about that. More people voted for President-elect Biden and Vice President-elect Harris than have ever voted for a political candidate in our nation’s history. That, sir, is just how much we hate you.

But if 81 million people voting against you isn’t enough to convince you just how truly despised you are, let me clarify it for you now.

You are a racist. You are not the only racist out there, but as a rule, most Americans don’t like racists.

You are a misogynist. Again, you are not alone in that mindset, but as a rule, most people don’t like misogynists. Women can’t stand them actually.

You are an idiot. And while there are lots of idiots in the world, you alone hold the tile of dumbest, ****-for-brains President ever. EVER.

Georgia! My God Georgia, a state bracketed by South Carolina and Alabama, voted against you. Georgia, a state that has the largest shrine to white supremacy in the history of the world, voted against you. THAT is how hated you are. Georgia voting against you is like Alabama choosing soccer over football. It’s like walking into a Baskin-Robbins and ordering vanilla. It’s like Fox News hiring a fact-checker.

Twitter and Facebook have suspended your accounts. Think about that. My granddaughter has an account on Twitter. She’s twelve. Two and half billion people are on Facebook. You are not. I mean how much of an asshat do you have to be to have Shopify ban you. Shopify? A shopping app wants nothing to do with you and your stupid MAGA products.

And… excuse me while I laugh… Pinterest. Pinterest! It must have been a crushing blow to lose your vision boards for decorating Trump Hotels Moscow and Beijing. Good riddance.

Thanks to you, Americans have had to sit through 4 years of some of the stupidest **** ever to come out of Washington. Imagine going to Washington with the likes of Ted Cruz, Josh Hawley, Gym Bevis Jordan, and Matt Butthead Gaetz, and still you are the biggest loser.

Those shower heads and dishwashers you were always talking about… They work just fine. No one is complaining about them. They use less water. It’s called conservation and we have them to ensure that our children and grandchildren have access to clean water.

And for the love of God that stupid wall. The wall that Mexico did not pay for. The border between our countries is almost 2,000 miles long. Do you know how many miles of new wall you built? Forty-seven. 47 **** miles. You did manage to replace 400 miles of existing wall. Good for you. But after four years you only built 47 miles of new wall? Congratulations sir. If the wall project continues (let’s hope it doesn’t) it will be completed sometime in June of 2068. My God what a complete and utter asshat you are.

And you know what? I’m going to let you in on a little secret. We all know it, but nobody talks about it. A whole lot of us -millions of us really – were hoping COVID would have ended more than just your presidency. There I said it. Millions of us wanted you gone… permanently. Some people couldn’t take it quite that far – wishing someone dead isn’t for the faint of heart – but they were at least hoping you would go on a ventilator for a few weeks.

That is how despised you are. When Reagan was shot. The world stood still. And when he came to the hospital window to let us know he was ok, even his detractors were relieved. You got COVID and the world imagined tubes and a slow painful death. Your clown parade around Walter Reed after you got well left millions believing there was no God.

Since March 2020 you had one job. ONE JOB. Get people to stay safe until a vaccine was ready to distribute. You failed miserably. 375,000 people are dead because you couldn’t convince your army of morons to wear a mask… which is odd considering how easily they wear a hood. And what is their excuse? “It’s too uncomfortable and it won’t do any good.” Are you **** me? Look at EVERY picture of a surgeon during surgery and then sit down and shut the hell up. “I can’t breathe in one of those. You are taking away my freedoms.” A bunch of snowflakes with you being the head snowblower.

And now that the vaccine is here, we discover that you had no plan. None. No plan to distribute the vaccine to the 327 million Americans who need it. I’m older than dirt. If the highest priority group is Group A, I should be in Group Before-A. That’s how old I am. Ask me if I have gotten the vaccine. Ask me how many waiting lists I am on. How many appointments that were made and then cancelled because they had run out of vaccines. Unbelievable. That god damn wall will get built before we all get vaccinated.

You positively repulse me. The way you comb your hair. The way you stand. The way you end sentences with stupid ass statements like: you wouldn’t believe or like never before. You made fun of a disabled person. You complimented nazis. You bragged about assaulting women. You have a very unhealthy appreciation of your daughter. Creepy really. You remember you have two, right? The awkward kind of clueless one and then the other one – Don Jr. No wait. Tiffany.

This latest shenanigan. This insurrection at the Capitol. What the hell did you think was going to happen? Did you really think that you would remain in office? Are you really that stupid? From where I sit, nobody is home, the porch light isn’t on, and the bulb isn’t even screwed into the socket. Your screw isn’t just loose. It’s lost. You are not just one fry short of a Happy Meal. The burger, the fries, the small drink, the **** toy, even the napkin isn’t in your bag. You could throw yourself on the floor and miss. If you had an intelligent thought it would die of loneliness. You are an asshat wearing an asshat.

Deplorable was too kind. Hillary should have called you the c-word. Oh, and listen. That is a word I have never used. Never. But I didn’t think ball sack would quite hit the right note. And I am not talking about the female body part. That particular part of the anatomy is way too good for you. I’m talking about the way the British use that word. C**t. Not referencing anything other than how incredibly **** you are.

You lost. It happens every four years to someone. Get over it. Leave the White House and take those god-awful children and that sour puss wife with you. If possible take Cruz and Hawley too. Stay out of politics. Go back to building **** hotels or bankrupting casinos. Spend the rest of your life writing a book or two that no one will ever read. You are now simply a page in history… a page most of us will rip out and use as toilet paper.

So please. Just leave. If we never have another orange President again, it will be too soon. I mean it. Really.
https://margaretandhelen.com/2021/01/13 ... ay-resign/

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-13-2021 08:02 PM

And......... a whole OTHER angle. Active GOP Congressional involvement in this coup attempt. If true (and there;s not reason to suspect that it is NOT at this point...) this means that at least a few GOP members of Congress may well be gone in thw next few months.

Dems demand details of ‘suspicious’ Capitol visitors day before attack

Mikie Sherrill first raised alarms that some members of Congress may have provided "reconnaissance" tours to would-be insurrectionists.
Mikie Sherrill says unidentified lawmakers led ‘reconnaissance’ tours ahead of Capitol attack

By KYLE CHENEY and SARAH FERRIS

01/12/2021 11:27 PM EST

Updated: 01/13/2021 03:20 PM EST

More than 30 House Democrats are demanding information from Capitol security officials about "suspicious" visitors at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 5 — a day before violent insurrectionists swarmed the building — that would only have been permitted entry by a member of Congress or a staffer.

"Many of the Members who signed this letter ... witnessed an extremely high number of outside groups in the complex on Tuesday, January 5,” wrote the lawmakers, led by Rep. Mikie Sherrill (D-N.J.), in a letter to the acting House and Senate sergeants-at-arms, as well as the acting head of the Capitol Police.

The lawmakers, some of who "have served in the military and are trained to recognize suspicious activity," noted that Capitol tours have been prohibited since March as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic and they said the tours were so unusual that they were reported to security on Jan. 5, ahead of the following day's violence.

"The visitors encountered by some of the Members of Congress on this letter appeared to be associated with the rally at the White House the following day," they wrote. "Members of the group that attacked the Capitol seemed to have an unusually detailed knowledge of the layout of the Capitol Complex. The presence of these groups within the Capitol Complex was indeed suspicious."

They are asking the security officials to reveal whether any logbooks of visitors are available and if they include names of those admitted to the building by lawmakers. They also ask whether any law enforcement agencies have requested similar information and what limits Capitol security officials apply to visitors brought in by members.

Sherrill first raised alarms Tuesday that some members of Congress may have provided "reconnaissance" tours to would-be insurrectionists.

In a 13-minute Facebook video billed as an address to her constituents about the House's efforts to hold President Donald Trump accountable for inciting the riot, Sherrill included the allegation as part of a call to hold Trump's allies in Congress accountable as well.

"I also intend to see that those members of Congress who abetted him — those members of Congress who had groups coming through the capitol that I saw on Jan. 5 for reconnaissance for the next day — those members of Congress who incited the violent crowd, those members of Congress that attempted to help our president undermine our democracy, I'm going see that they're held accountable," Sherrill said.

Sherrill did not identify the lawmakers she was referring to, how she was able to describe their activities as "reconnaissance" and how she knew they were connected to the riots that consumed the Capitol the following day. She told POLITICO on Wednesday that she's referred her information to authorities.

"We're requesting an investigation right now with certain agencies," she said.

Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) said he's aware of "a couple" names of colleagues who are being eyed as potentially giving tours to the would-be insurrectionists. But he said he wouldn't name them yet.

"I'm going to wait to make sure we get verification," Ryan told a reporter at the Capitol Wednesday.

Ryan said the information was passed to authorities as early as last Wednesday night. He said it involved "handfuls" of people who were escorted through the Capitol. Enough to know that these weren't "one-on-one" tours or "a small family."

"You look back on certain things and you look at it differently," he added.

The startling allegation comes as lawmakers are still seeking answers about the extent of planning and coordination behind the Jan. 6 Trump rally that became the violent assault on the Capitol. Federal investigators say they're pouring enormous resources into unearthing details of a potential "seditious conspiracy" and that some of the undisclosed evidence about what happened inside the Capitol will be "shocking."

Some Democrats, like Sherrill, are also calling for punishment for the Republicans who — like Trump — delivered incendiary remarks that preceded the violence at the Capitol, as well as others who joined Trump's effort to delegitimize the 2020 presidential election.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/1 ... ack-458655

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-13-2021 11:59 PM

I just watched a congress person named Pressley who said the panic buttons in her office were removed the day before the attack. It is now under investigation. She was on Don Lemon and talking to him about the effwits that refused to wear a mask in the evacuation room and her husband now has covid. She was pissed!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-14-2021 08:22 AM

I heard the story about the panic buttons being removed. Seems that there was a LOT of pre-planning and active involvement inside the US Capitol, which is worrisome as it appears on the surface at least, that there are (potentially)active insurrectionists INSIDE the US Capitol. This ranges from GOP members of Congress to Capitol Security to Capitol staffers.

We already KNOW that multiple members of the US Congress (on the Democrat side) have come forward, stating that they personally witnessed tours being given by multiple members of the GOP Congress to individuals who were at the insurrection in the two days previous. The Democrats picked-up on this because (a) their former military training made them more observant, and (b) there have been NO tours since March 2020 due to COVID.

So, what gives here? Right???????

We also KNOW there was coordination, documented by insurrectionists, showing planning information being used during the riot, instructing rioters on the inside of the US Capitol to move to a lower level of the building and remove some windows.

New reported last night that federal authorities have adopted a "follow the money" strategy, which should prove to be interesting to see who's deep-pockets are involved.

One would think that, given all of the talk since 9/11 concerning surveillance, that the Trump insurrectionists would have recognized that using their electronic devices during and to the lead-up to this attempted coup, would come back to haunt them.

At this point, I'm torn between being furious with these domestic terrorist idiots or pitying them........ they just couldn't help themselves from Face timing their crimes.

Sad......

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 01-14-2021 02:47 PM

These idiots faced timed themselves because they thought they were going to win. They had the President of the United States on their side.

Trump is in this up to his neck. But proving it might not be that easy unless he was as stupid about covering his tracks as he has been about everything else he does. I'm sure he thought he would be able to pull this thing off and wouldn't have to worry about getting caught because he would be in power for the rest of his life like most "coup" installed dictators in the world are. That was his dream from day one and he made no bones about saying he thought he should be pres for the rest of his life.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/05/politics ... index.html

Return to “National”