Broward Screws Voters

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 10-31-2004 07:32 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Dev - ehh it was a DEM who posted that tidbit about hurricanes hitting mainly GOP counties (on couple other threads in other forums). But according to the stats they showed - think they used Gore's prefered recount counties...
Wrong again, *sigh*. It was an INDEPENDENT who posted it here -- ME! And although it WAS pretty accurate, it was a JOKE.

There's a lot to be concerned about. Dishonesty is dishonesty wherever we find it. Unfortunately, we're finding way too much of it lately, and it's predominantly in the Republican party, if one is to believe the news, that is.
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 11-01-2004 09:00 AM

I'd really discourage anyone from absentee voting. With the early voting, anyone should be able to do it unless they reside outside the country.

Keep in mind that absentee ballots are not even counted unless an election is so close they could mathematically sway the results. Early votes are in the computer and will be counted with the rest at the close of election day.

Devastated
Moderator - Hammock Expert

Post by Devastated » 11-02-2004 08:02 AM

That's right, CT, pretty much anybody should be able to do it by early voting unless they live elsewhere.
I have always been frustrated by having to cast an absentee ballot, knowing the rules about counting them. On the other hand, this year, having registered in Nevada, I'm hoping to change the state's color from pinkish to blueish. Kind of exciting for me this year.;)
You don't have to believe everything that you think...

CindyLouWho
Pirate

Post by CindyLouWho » 11-02-2004 09:23 AM

Very exciting Dev .... hope you're right!!

Let's turn all those pinks to blues, baby (including WV) ...... wooooohoooo!

:)

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-02-2004 01:05 PM

Iris -- well ya you did post something about it here too (in a thread). I originally heard it from a news reporter on tv -- but ehh... no biggie.

- - -
I was informed last night in politics chat that ALL absentee ballots are counted... that it was just a MYTH that they weren't counted. -- They did show some absentee ballots being counted and discarded because signature of voter did not match up with signatures on record, and some were discarded because they were NOT signed. It was shown on either CBS or NBC nightly news segment. There were three judges standing behind the two who were looking at the absentee ballots. The two were only checking signatures. The accepted absentee ballots went to a pile for counting votes, discards went to another pile...

- - -

Panache
Pirate

Post by Panache » 11-02-2004 03:42 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Broward county IS a DEM county - so you'd have thought that they would be very much on the ball to get absentee ballots out appropriately.... something strange here - wonder if we ever will know EXACTLY what happened?

While Broward may have a majority of Democratic leaning, and perhaps regeistered, voters, neither the Democratic party nor their sympathizers are the proprietors of the county nor its offices.

Absentee ballots are ever more popular all across the country, due to their conspicuous convenience to busy people who don't want to reclaim their herd heritage and relinquish their creativity time by waiting in line -- for hours. A calamity is not a prerequisite for voting with an absentee ballot, and with such a ballot, one can xerox it for proof of how one voted, a self-created receipt, in contrast to most scanner and computer polling situations today.

So, putting thought, word and deed to the task, one comes up with a safe and sane answer to why so many people are voting absentee today.
The most valuable thing anyone daring to lead is to cultivate and convey to others is a moral conscience. Only such persons deserve to lead others, in any capacity.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”