Moderator: Super Moderators

Mercury
Pirate

GOP Candidate supports EXECUTION of GAYS

Post by Mercury » 10-25-2004 01:04 PM

HI state senate candidate supports EXECUTION of GAYS
by scottmaui
Mon Oct 25th, 2004 at 09:04:45 GMT

My Democratic state Senator here on Maui, J. Kalani English, has a Republican running against him named Robb Finberg.

Sen. English has brought to my attention this video in which Finberg, a Pastor for the Christian Fellowship Church, actually says that he would support a law for the execution of people found guilty of performing homosexual acts.

Yes, that's right, he favors the death penalty for gays.

After explaining his creationist views of history's timeline, Finberg was asked: "If there was a law that supported the execution of people found guilty of performing homosexual acts, would you support that law?"

After stating "Unfortunately, nearly 300,000 Americans have suffered the death penalty as a result of homosexual activity," Finberg answered, "Yes, if it were the law of the land. Yes."
full story
Holy Jesus! What a Party! Such modern, enlightened public officials it produces .... yes, let's elect more of them then we can all have fun LIVING IN THE MIDDLE AGES !!! Ughhhh
Last edited by Mercury on 10-25-2004 01:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

bluejello4
Pirate

Post by bluejello4 » 10-25-2004 01:31 PM

what...

him and Keyes would make the best of buds

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 10-25-2004 01:34 PM

Mercury, I guess that is why they call their church 'christian', and 'fellowship'. With words that have no apparent meaning, we can expect the twisted-thinkers to seek out their strange moralisms. They could just as well call themselves SATANISTS as followers of kultship, too; but that might offend those who worship Lucifer.....? Certainly, few real Christians appear to be offended by the nut-case fundamentalist radicals who are trying to create a literal theocracy in the United States.

It gets weirder! Look at the politicos now in power in the neo-con controlled RePUGlican Party who are embracing the most radical fundamentalists here in the United States. They only want DOMINION over all -- via DOMINIONISM or Dominion Theology. They have no respect for Constitutional divisions of Church and State, as we see the Bush brigaders informing others on how to be a compassionate conservative......with SHOCK AND AWE?!

They are the one's who claim they are LIBERATING Iraqi's, though the Iraqis clearly want us out!

Ninerism

CaptainBeyond
Pirate

Post by CaptainBeyond » 10-25-2004 06:50 PM

What a stupid and ridiclous posting!The only thing more ridiclous than the original posting is you giving it creedence here.Normal people aren't like that!!

My mom is a Christian,and a goddam good person,she doesn't mistreat anyone,so don't paint some ridiclous picture just because you are despirate.

:-)

bluejello4
Pirate

Post by bluejello4 » 10-25-2004 07:17 PM

My mom is a Christian,and a goddam good person

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 10-25-2004 07:32 PM

CaptainBeyond said: "What a stupid and ridiclous posting!The only thing more ridiclous than the original posting is you giving it creedence here. Normal people aren't like that!!
My mom is a Christian,and a goddam good person,she doesn't mistreat anyone,so don't paint some ridiclous picture just because you are despirate.
Your mother? Why bring her into this? Unless she spouts crap like this guy I couldn't care less whether she is a Christian, Hindu, Jew or a worshipper of small turtles named Erik. That's her personal business (and/or problem).

The only thing "stupid" and "ridiculous" is what this Christian said....also STUPID and RIDICULOUS are those 'good' Christians in his area who will actually vote for him anyway despite (or because of!) his views. And they WILL vote for him!!

Also, this guy's comments are not made in a vacuum. The sex-obsessed wing of the GOP & GWB have made sexual orientation an issue in this campaign season by proposing a Constitutional Amendment. And they know what they are doing: it works time and again with at least 10-20% of the religious nuts out there.

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 10-25-2004 07:44 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Mercury
Your mother? Why bring her into this? Unless she spouts crap like this guy I couldn't care less whether she is a Christian, Hindu, Jew or a worshipper of small turtles named Erik. That's her personal business (and/or problem).

:D :D :D Mercury, please don't ever go away again. I can't face another week of these sickos without you.

This plea comes to you from the Beautiful Commonwealth of Massachusetts, home of LEGAL Gay marriage.
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 10-25-2004 08:01 PM

Niner!
I'm so tired of people using the generic term Christian when they really mean something else = really, whatever happend to saying Catholic or Protestant? Or Lutheran, or Russian Orthodox? ?

Now when someone says "Christian" I generally know they don't mean Methodist, Catholic or Anlglican, (or anyone else from an established church among the mainstream Christian denominations). No, what they REALLY mean is someone from one of those recently made up fundi kooky fringe american sects ... a cultural neanderthal, a fanatic, holy roller, or just plain nutcase.
Sometimes they mean Southern Baptist, but that's a fairly recent invention too. And rather kooky at times for my tastes as well.

Anyway, too bad the word 'christian' has been hijacked by those least worthy to claim it (such as this GOP Taliban Candidate, "Pastor Finberg," and his 'Christian Fellowship Church' -whatever THAT is!).

But Pastor Finberg will get lots of votes. He'll probably win.
Last edited by Mercury on 10-25-2004 08:16 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Mercury
Pirate

Post by Mercury » 10-25-2004 08:13 PM

Bellisima - I'm here Image... and I say VIVA Massachusetts! (birthplace of the Am.Revolution and now on the frontline of the battle for true States' Rights!)
Last edited by Mercury on 10-25-2004 08:16 PM, edited 1 time in total.

NeelyGirl
Pirate

Post by NeelyGirl » 10-25-2004 09:53 PM

I know what you mean Mercury, when someone says they are a Christian...there are many "degrees" of Christianity. Big time difference between say the Catholics and The Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm sick of people hating homosexuals...literally sick to my F'n stomach.

What will be the next "gay"? Who will take the place of the "gays"? This seems to evolve every so many decades... who do "WE" hate next??

:mad:
Wiggle your big toe.

bluejello4
Pirate

Post by bluejello4 » 10-25-2004 10:17 PM

beastiality

Tobor the Great
Pirate

Post by Tobor the Great » 10-25-2004 10:17 PM

HEY! I'm Gay. I'm a Robosexual, and any body that hates me can kiss my shiny metal ASS!

bluejello4
Pirate

Post by bluejello4 » 10-25-2004 10:21 PM

Christianity has a serious problem. A lot of people are finally waking up to the brainwashing and they are heavily split amongst themselves.

I think they would have done much better to leave the bible behind in general and just promote some of the things Jesus taught.

If you actually read what's in the book you realize 99% of people don't follow it, including so-called christians. There's really not much of a point.

Not to mention all the horrible things in it.

I think we'll see this become a serious problem in future elections. I'm willing to bet, over time, faith becomes less of an issue from the standpoint of religion.

If anything in 50 or whatever years, it will be more about spirituality and have little to do with religion.

swimmbadd
Pirate

Post by swimmbadd » 10-25-2004 10:49 PM

NeelyGirl wrote: who do "WE" hate next??

:mad:

More than likely it'll probably swing back to the Jews.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 10-26-2004 04:08 AM

Disgusting. And frightening that someone who says something like THIS can actually run for office here in the United States of America! :mad:
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”