Obamacare wins? See you in 2014

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-30-2014 07:51 AM

Some interesting information about the effects of, not only Obamacare, but the state of healthcare in this country generally. Obamacare has only exacerbated the situation and made it environment more toxic.

No surprise there, since a number of healthcare members not tied to the administration said that this would happen....

Snippet:

In many cases, the term "burnout" is too mild to describe the disenchantment many physicians feel about their work. "I don't know about other physicians but I am tired — tired of the mandates, tired of outside interference, tired of anything that unnecessarily interferes with the way I practice medicine," orthopedic surgeon Daniel Craviotto, MD, wrote in a Wall Street Journal op-ed this spring. Dr. Craviotto is just one of many physicians to take his thoughts to pen and paper. In a piece for The Atlantic, essayist Meghan O'Rourke drew attention to how many physicians are writing books about their professional problems. (The titles often share a common tone, such as "The Doctor Crisis" or "Doctored: The Disillusionment of an American Physician.")

"What's going on is more dysfunctional than I imagined in my worst moments," wrote Ms. O'Rourke. "Although we're all aware of pervasive healthcare problems and the coming shortage of general practitioners, few of us have a clear idea of how truly disillusioned many doctors are with a system that has shifted profoundly over the past four decades."

Physicians feel they are failing patients or resentful of them. Many feel as if they are working like cogs in a wheel. Survey and study findings shed light on what is causing many of these sentiments. On average, physicians today spend about a third of their time with patients looking at a computer screen and about nine hours per week on administrative tasks, such as billing and insurance approval processes. A study from Johns Hopkins Medicine in Baltimore found first-year residents in internal medicine spent just eight minutes interacting with each patient. Numerous surveys have found only half of physicians would choose medicine as a career if they had to do it all over again.

http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/he ... today.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”