11.21.13 From Art Bell: Update (Courtsey Of BellGab).

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

11.21.13 From Art Bell: Update (Courtsey Of BellGab).

Post by starrmtn001 » 11-21-2013 09:17 PM

Art Bell

[​IMG]

Re: Art Bell Quits Dark Matter
« Reply #17560 on: Today at 06:17:41 PM »

Hi there everybody. Well it is a sad day for me indeed. I got a call from the Manager I have been working
with since the start of all this and the answer was NO. The further answer was they do intend to hold me
to a NC. This Manager is a good guy and what decisions that were made, were made above his head.

I did contact a Lawyer who I will not identify unless he wants to be known but I can proudly tell you he is
one of you! He was willing to proceed and felt we had a good chance to win BUT it is expensive and as any
of you know who have ever gone down that road know, it takes a long time. So if my health holds I will see
you in less than two Years.

Below is a copy of my last email to Sirius/XM minus the name of the Manager to who it was sent:

First, you may recall I said to you that I thought you would not get much of a bump from putting Coast on, was I right?
Have you actually listened to that show? Have you REALLY listened? You put him on 104 which was I guess a nice way
to get back at me, but that guy is a joke. How many people rushed to put any money down to listen to Coast on 104? I
bet nobody, all this plus they are doing what I asked for and more!

1. I said what I would like is to be back on but wanted to stream for free, but leave the value added stuff to Sirius/XM
you said no. As it stands now I presume the streaming still does not work properly and will not, till at best August or
so. You said this was a good idea for me but not Sirius. I disagree, if we develop millions of listener's, in what World
is that bad for Sirius in any way? If you can charge BIG bucks per commercial minute.....Broadcasting 101, it's a good thing.

2. We talked about one day with streaming, I asked about other days, you said we could talk about that, we never did.

3. As it stands now people MUST pay about $180.00 a Year if they want to hear Art Bell, why not allow listeners the option of JUST
streaming my show for a lesser fee? It could be pro rated, IF it just worked properly.

4. I said I would be willing to buy the Studio gear for whatever you paid if I could be released from my Non Compete, I have not yet
heard a answer to that one, though you did once say you would not let me go, you sent me a reply saying you would consider it.

5. I can wait out the remaining time, then stream, which it looks like I will be doing at 70 Years of age.

I just for the life of me can not see why everything with Sirius/XM has to be lumped together in a Business model that works for non
commercial music just fine, but lumps Talk Radio in with it. I understand why it works for Howard, he had little choice unless he
wanted to keep paying fines. I don't know about Dr. Laura.

Two things I can tell you about me, every time I crack the mike I put 110% into it, it takes a lot of work and I am willing to give my time
and energy happily but not if I have no way to grow the audience. I have millions of people waiting for a way to hear me and they would pay
something to do so, but asking them to become subs for $180.00 bucks a Year with a service that does not work well will not get them there.

The other thing is Coast, I will not share time with them. I thought hard about that, and there is no way I would rejoin under any conditions
while you carry them. The reason I came back on is because that show is a insult to the entire field, not to mention at least 45% of it is
commercial or breaks of some sort while the rest is just plain bad Radio.

I truly enjoyed working with you and everybody else at Sirius/XM and wish there was a way to work this out. I understand you think the way
forward is exclusive content and perhaps you are right but in my opinion the World will pass you very shortly while trying to hold on to this
model. It really already is. Nobody tried to stop all the Pirates, every one of my shows was and is available for download the next day, great
for the guy who doesn't want to pay but not so great for the Talk Host who wants the live calls, how does this make sense???

Art

So, there it is. From the bottom of my heart I want to thank all of you for so much support. I wish it had worked out
in some way but there were forces at work that I never thought about, I am just a talking head......

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-21-2013 09:29 PM

What a mess ~ thanks for posting this, Starr.

I wonder who Art meant when he said the legal help was coming from "one of you"? Maybe a certain speeding equine?

Last edited by SquidInk on 11-21-2013 09:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-21-2013 09:29 PM

I'm still shaking my head at how short it all was.
A man's character is his fate

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 11-21-2013 10:02 PM

SquidInk wrote: What a mess ~ thanks for posting this, Starr.

I wonder who Art meant when he said the legal help was coming from "one of you"? Maybe a certain speeding equine?

He was talking about a BellGabber with the handle Surmo (or a similar spelling).

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 11-21-2013 11:22 PM

SquidInk wrote: What a mess ~ thanks for posting this, Starr.

Hi Squidink. :)

No, not me!
racehorse

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-21-2013 11:28 PM

racehorse wrote: Hi Squidink. :)

No, not me!
Ah, rats! I thought I had an inside track on this thing. :D (Hiya, stranger!!!)
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 11-22-2013 12:57 AM

I lot of people kind of predicted this whole mess.

Is he aloud to be a guest on someone else's show? Like he did at bell gab. Just start a stream with a host and have Art be a guest with every other guest. The host could ask a question and then let them go at it.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

LESTAT1999
Pirate

UNREAL

Post by LESTAT1999 » 11-22-2013 07:10 AM

MUST SAY THIS WHOLE THING IS UNREAL AND AND I FOR ONE NO MATTER WHAT IS SAID AND LEGAL MUMBLE JUMBLE IS SAID CANT BELIEVE THAT ART DID NOT KNOW THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN. SHOULD ART NOT BE SMARTER THAN THAT AND HOW CAN YOU GET PISSED AND A COMPANY OR ANYBODY ELSE AND JUST QUIT. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO DO THIS JUST DO IT AND IT WILL EITHER GET BETTER OR AFTER TWO YEARS THAN FIGURE OUT ANOTHER WAY. 2 MORE YEARS REALLY ART? THIS IS COMING FROM THE MOST LOYAL FAN FROM THE BEGINNING AND I AM NOT WAITING FOR 2 YEARS AND GOING THROUGH THE REGRET OF READING POSTS EVERYDAY WITH THEORIES. YOU BROKE ALOT OF POEPLES HEARTS AND CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAY 2 MORE YEARS. I FOR ONE AM REALLY PISSED AND YOU MAY GO DOWN IN HISTORY AS SOMETHING YOU DID NOT. DO WHAT YOU LOVE OR DONT DO IT AT ALL. I FOR ONE AM DONE. THANKS ART.

LESTAT1999
Pirate

Post by LESTAT1999 » 11-22-2013 07:55 AM

SOMEONE OPEN A NEW THREAD OR PLEASE REPLY. ANYONE OUT THERE RIGHT NOW WORTH LISTENING TO? I LISTEN TO DARKNESS RADIO WHICH IS A PODCAST AND HE IS PRETTY GOOD. ANY OTHER RECOMENDATIONS. THANKS.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-22-2013 10:38 AM

Caps lock, m'man.

I've listened to a few Alex Jones clips recently, and while I've had big problems with Jones in the past, he seemed pretty on point (way more on point than Art was).

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-22-2013 04:33 PM

BenSlain wrote: Is he aloud to be a guest on someone else's show? Like he did at bell gab. Just start a stream with a host and have Art be a guest with every other guest. The host could ask a question and then let them go at it.
Art Bell to start a New Paranormal Podcast Network from artbell.com?

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 11-22-2013 08:03 PM

Just a suggestion Riddick, but why not start a new thread with your link. It is far more encouraging than mine and that could bring many more posts with very good ideas for Art. We Pirates are a rather creative crew. Yes? AAAARRRR!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-22-2013 11:22 PM

Ya if they left him alone that might be good!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-23-2013 01:47 AM

starrmtn001 wrote: Just a suggestion Riddick, but why not start a new thread with your link. It is far more encouraging than mine and that could bring many more posts with very good ideas for Art. We Pirates are a rather creative crew. Yes? AAAARRRR!
Done!

Atheen
Pirate

Done, done and done!

Post by Atheen » 11-25-2013 11:31 AM

I was an almost fanatic Art Bell fan at one time. His frequent hissy fits when life was tricky or not to his liking got monotonous. However, I listened and recorded and thought about the show. Ten years plus ago, I could NOT have been more outraged when G.Noory took over C2C. What a let-down of standards and the show was not fit for the ears of an adult with average or better IQ. I campaigned for the return of Art Bell and decent intelligent and interesting radio. I was ELATED when Sirius radio brought him back. I took their free trial offer and waited anxiously for THE NIGHT OF ART BELL'S RETURN. Yay! After the first show I had a presentiment of doom, but I hung in there - hoping Art would get his stride back. But I do not think he did. He seemed obsessed with righting the old wrongs and re-playing his former life. I wanted him to move forward and it's not an "age bias". I'm older than he is and tired of the same old, same old.

He had a great run - and it's over.

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”