Caravan to Midnight

Discussion of the Caravan To Midnight radio program with host John B. Wells

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-15-2014 11:16 AM

voguy wrote: I hate to sound like a broken record, but the problem is traceable back to when the Telecommunications Act of 1996 was put in full motion. Until that time we had multiple news medias, and thousands of independent radio and TV stations.

Now we have media concentrated in the few hands of big corporations who are in bed fornicating with Congress to keep power and make money. Before the floodgates were opened you had many small medias basically bringing up news like this, and the bigger stations had to report else be left in the dust. Today, since there is no competition, you can report from news releases and push the party line without any challenge.

Think about 1947 and what would have happened if Roswell happened during consolidation. :)

Because you are in the business I always enjoy your insight and analysis , and how far afield we have come.
A man's character is his fate

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-15-2014 11:20 AM

Kbot,

Regarding your Post #3, I just listened to that show. I enjoyed hearing how adamant he was about not going down the road of censoring his opinions.

I have no clue of his financial independence but admire his stance.
A man's character is his fate

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-15-2014 01:34 PM

Diogenes wrote: Kbot,

Regarding your Post #3, I just listened to that show. I enjoyed hearing how adamant he was about not going down the road of censoring his opinions.

I have no clue of his financial independence but admire his stance.

That's one of the things that I admire about John B - he has his views and he sticks with his position, even if it's not politically correct.

BTW, you can get his his shows on Youtube.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-15-2014 04:04 PM

kbot wrote: You have to wonder - is it a question of these people (talking heads) having no shame, considering that many probably at some point went to journalism school, or, is it just a case of being reduced to chasing the Almighty Dollar?

I mean, where's the self-respect?

KBOT, to most of them, it's all about ego, and making a buck. There is no self-respect or integrity.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Return to “John B. Wells Caravan To Midnight”