Two Explosions at the Boston Marathon

Moderator: Super Moderators

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 05-03-2013 09:40 AM

For years we have ignored these foreign student visa people who A) are not attending colleges they purportedly received the visas to attend, B) other violations of these as well. This administration appears to ignore them as well - even ignores warnings from other nations about people here and the dangers. This administration would rather pay more attention to anything and everything else.

And now the big push on immigration. WHOA -- sorry we have legal immigration laws.

We gave this family shelter on political immigration basis - gave them welfare to 1g level -- and then? Time we paid more attention to what is going on here at home.

Now we have not just two but three suspects being questioned who help remove vital information. And what do we hear in the news? Oh the bag (backpack?) of fireworks that had been stripped of powder - was not involved? Destroying the laptop? BUT now they (police) may have both and are investigating that. At least two were foreigners and one an American citizen. How many others?

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-03-2013 10:16 AM

Hate. Clearly, as penance for our bad vibes and to show our commitment to proper thinking, we need to take it to the next step and elect an actual member of al Qaeda as our next president.
Last edited by HB3 on 05-03-2013 10:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-03-2013 10:49 AM

New Motto: Love those who want to kill you.

The victims clearly should not have been where they where!

:twoconfus :twoconfus :twoconfus
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-03-2013 10:57 AM

They were "at the wrong place at the wrong time." You know, like a public sporting event....

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-03-2013 11:18 AM

Doka wrote: New Motto: Love those who want to kill you.

The victims clearly should not have been where they where!

:twoconfus :twoconfus :twoconfus

Seems to be what the current administration is saying without coming right out and saying it......

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-03-2013 12:02 PM

Oh, well, I've definitely picked up on that language -- as the aforementioned, "in the wrong place at the wrong time." And "it's a tragedy." And you also see references to things being a "shock" a lot. Shock to who? That's in fact a reference to cognitive dissonance -- an experience which one is forbidden to understand because it seemed impossible due to the conceptual framework through which one viewed reality.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-03-2013 12:15 PM

Maybe he doesn't want to be viewed overseas as supporting local haters who had no business putting themselves in a public place.......

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-03-2013 01:14 PM

kbot wrote: This morning WCVB Channel 5 in Boston reported that the body of the dead "suspect" has been brought to a funeral home in North Attleboro, Mass, and that most probably he will be buried in Boston. The family won't even bring him back home for burial. People in North Attleboro are pissed - they personally knew many of the runners in the marathon.

There was that stor and also the story about how his wife is now not cooperating with authories.

Once their rights were read to them they've clammed-up.

Yup, our's truly is a wonderful society. We allow future terrorists into the country, allow them to attend world-class universities, provide scholarships (and in the process, shut-out prospective students frmo here at home), as well as welfare and food stamps - and when they kill innocent people on our streets, we have our fearless leader go on national tv, to scold us to not rush to judge, or engage in hate, and then send federal judges to their bedside to remind them that they "have rights", and don't have to cooperate with federal investigators. We provide them with multiple lawyers to defend them, And when heir co-conspirators who have violated their legal stay in the country are discovered, we will most assuredly provide the same to them - at taxpayer expense, I'm sure.

And.... we're the "bad guys" as well because not only did we not put up wth the killing of innocent people, but we actually had the unmitigated gall to speak-up about it and note our displeasure with people we've welcomed into our country who turn around and kill us. Yup, we're all haters according to the Left.

I'm willing to bet that there will be some benefit concert in Tanglewood out in The Berkshires or in Harvard Square to raise money for the defense fund now that the warm weather is here.

Interestingly this morning, possible targets included the Fourth of July celebration in Boston along the esplanade - reportedly, the country's largest 4th of July celebration, as well as an attack at Tanglewood. But, the bombs were finished much quicker than the attackers had expected,and (as Channel 5 reported), "they were eager" to carry out theri attacks, and couldn't wait, so they chose the Boston Marathon instead. Aside frmo those possible targets, "the suspects" were also scoping out the location police stations in Boston as possible targets.

Yup, and we're the haters....... What a society we've become :rolleyes:

Kbot,

Some folks don't get "it" whatever "it" may be until "it" happens to them personally - oh boy then watch them squeal.

I sound crankly - don't I???????

There is nothing so tedious as an inventory of the obvious - says me.:(
A man's character is his fate

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-03-2013 01:47 PM

Oh, there's plenty who still won't get it.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-03-2013 02:05 PM

I assume we all realize that things like the 6th Amendment protects YOU as well as THEM (and that you ARE them)?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-03-2013 02:25 PM

And this is what has become an issue with classifying acts of terrorism as everyday crimes - which they certainly are not. While one "suspect" was barely a citizen, the older one most assuredly was not a citizen, and of the three recent arrests, two are not Americans. So, we're talking apples and oranges. Still say that these cases should be tried by the military - Obama's got this all wrong.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-03-2013 02:29 PM

kbot wrote: And this is what has become an issue with classifying acts of terrorism as everyday crimes - which they certainly are not. While one "suspect" was barely a citizen, the older one most assuredly was not a citizen, and of the three recent arrests, two are not Americans. So, we're talking apples and oranges. Still say that these cases should be tried by the military - Obama's got this all wrong.
yeah, a bomb is not a normal crime, never happens except when they are "terrorists" right? How about a mass shooting? Not citizens either? How about killing one person, but in public? How about drunk driving? How long do you have to be a citizen before you qualify for constitutional protection? A month? A year? 10 years?

How can you even begin to go down that road? That is what defines your country.

You want the terrorists to win? Good, rewrite your constitution. If I was a terrorist that would be my goal exactly. Go for it.

You are fighting for the wrong side my friends. Can't you see that?
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-03-2013 02:38 PM

You mean we haven't drawn and quartered them in the public sqaure and stuck their heads on sticks yet? Damn -- I thought we had.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-03-2013 06:11 PM

Can we get busy rewriting the Constitution so we can put their heads on sticks already?

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 05-03-2013 07:58 PM

You are fighting for the wrong side my friends. Can't you see that?

:huhsmile:

I am on the wrong side? Please explain to me again what I should think on what side? I am not being sarcastic, I must be truely missing something here.???
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”