Fiscal Cliff 2 Predictions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-10-2013 09:50 AM

Diogenes wrote: And don't forget - we won't have our RPG's.;)

RPGs? :eek: If this newest anti-gun lobby has its way, slingshots will be contraband...for the kids, ya' know. :rolleyes:

I'd like to know what's more harmful to the kids -
  • Random crazies going nuts with guns at a schools or other public happenings, or
  • Racking up trillions in debt and leaving that for them to fix?
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 01-10-2013 10:37 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: I'd like to know what's more harmful to the kids -
  • Random crazies going nuts with guns at a schools or other public happenings, or
  • Racking up trillions in debt and leaving that for them to fix?
You ask a lotta questions DOS. How about you step right over here, we've got a shuttle bus headed for Gitmo, and we'd like you to be on it.

:D

Seriously though, you are exactly right. In fact, the wingnut in me can see the linkage. Before the younger generations (say, those who are 0-20) *really* have a chance to comprehend the vastness and completeness of the f***ing they have received at the hands of the oldest currently living generations... we better make sure they don't have any effective weapons.

But 'gun control' misses the point on an entirely different level as well. For instance, I have a welder, a lathe, a computer, and a sense of history - so here, take my guns. If we follow the gun control paradigm a little further, then we'll need to register everything (read: buy it with a credit card, or by any number of web-based methods), and we'll certainly need to proceed through invasive checkpoints & pass carnal inspections on our way to and from the consolidated consumer hubs.

The real fiscal cliff will be the mother of much innovation. Let's hope the younger ones continue to embrace alternative lifestyle models, and use their lathes & 3D printers for Good.
Last edited by SquidInk on 01-10-2013 11:17 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-10-2013 11:15 AM

Dale -- they might have to go after rubber bands and paper clips next -- :)

Feinstein Jan 22 is what she plans -- to introduce anti-gun, Biden says Obama may EO it....
gee hope people were listening to C2C last night.... hmmm.

===
...and then we read - DEMS want MORE taxes....

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 01-10-2013 11:18 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: Dale -- they might have to go after rubber bands and paper clips next -- :)
How about garden shears? Fertilizers? Seeds? Oleander ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nerium )? All tools of the terrorist.

'OBAMA'! DEMS! TAXES! CURSES! - :)
Last edited by SquidInk on 01-10-2013 11:21 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

While we're at it..

Post by Dale O Sea » 01-10-2013 11:34 AM

Let's outlaw cliffs :eek: too..

:crazyjump
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-10-2013 01:08 PM

Did someone say "Gulag"?

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 01-10-2013 01:45 PM

Prediction
Right after Mr. Obama uses "executive order" to get rid of the guns the "Constitution" will be officially dead. The "real" free for all will begin. It seems it takes a lot to "wake" people up. But, for me I would rather achieve "enlightenment" in a less painful way. It is sad that "Stupid" has to take the rest of us with them.

Here in my state the Guv is going to start releasing prisoners, especially if they have only committed one crime, of course that could be murder, but we are only looking at "how many" crimes. With no way to defend ourselves, it could be a bit "dicey" as they say. :eek:

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-10-2013 01:59 PM

DOKA -- someone needs to get after that gov -- one crime?? That is scary to think about. Hope a bit of "common sense" prevails. (OK ya common sense doesn't exist any more so some people say.)

If Obama tries to EO this - think its time to think seriously about the "I" word. As they say enough is enough!

---
Someone was ranting on this last night at bowling. He was saying with all the car deaths -- DUI type -- next EO will be alcohol confiscation. Then the warrant-less entry will be increased and more FEMA training to do just that. Nothing that could harm anyone would be allowed... knives, baseball bats, golf clubs -- oh wait since O golfs those will be okay?, ink pens, pencils and ya - all computers of course, cell phones and asprins - etc. crazy ya - but he had a point.

Riddick
Pirate

BAROCK says 'KNOW YOUR ROLE AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH!'

Post by Riddick » 01-10-2013 02:03 PM

SquidInk wrote: But 'gun control' misses the point on an entirely different level as well. For instance, I have a welder, a lathe, a computer, and a sense of history - so here, take my guns. If we follow the gun control paradigm a little further, then we'll need to register everything (read: buy it with a credit card, or by any number of web-based methods), and we'll certainly need to proceed through invasive checkpoints & pass carnal inspections on our way to and from the consolidated consumer hubs.
Speaking of a sense of history, relative to current goings-on? Here's a recipe that should be familiar to y'all... (it has that sorta mid 20th century flavor to it, donchaknow!) -

Take a country in dire fiscal straits, with a badly depreciated currency, a leader beloved and revered by many (but by NO means all), and a weakened, ineffectual political opposition.

Add a series of threatening socio-political and economic events, either organic OR orchestrated, along with unprecedented 'emergency' action to "secure" national interests, foreign AND domestic.

Set the heat to 11. Stir the pot vigorously, taking care to work out the lumpy human masses that may otherwise detract from the magnificence of the mixture -

Can you smeeeeeellll-la what BAROCK- IS -cookin'?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 01-10-2013 03:29 PM

Doka wrote: Prediction
Right after Mr. Obama uses "executive order" to get rid of the guns the "Constitution" will be officially dead. The "real" free for all will begin. It seems it takes a lot to "wake" people up. But, for me I would rather achieve "enlightenment" in a less painful way. It is sad that "Stupid" has to take the rest of us with them.

Here in my state the Guv is going to start releasing prisoners, especially if they have only committed one crime, of course that could be murder, but we are only looking at "how many" crimes. With no way to defend ourselves, it could be a bit "dicey" as they say. :eek:

Try living here n Mass where a gov't Lab employee screwed-up thousands of cases, and now THOUSANDS of prisoners are benig let go.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-18-2013 12:28 AM

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-18-2013 02:52 PM

House is putting it to the Senate ---
No budget - no pay!
http://thehill.com/homenews/house/27800 ... t-increase

about time!!

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 01-24-2013 04:46 PM

Excerpted from thetelegraph.com:
  • House OKs three-month extension on debt ceiling
    Bill also ties congressional pay to passage of budget

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The Telegraph area's three congressmen all voted with the majority Wednesday as the U.S. House passed a bill that extends the nation's debt ceiling, essentially postponing the debate on the issue for three months.

The bill, known as the No Budget No Pay Act of 2013, passed on a vote of 285-144. It now goes to the U.S. Senate, where Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., has said it will pass.

The measure temporarily suspends the statutory debt limit through May 18, granting the Treasury Department the additional borrowing authority to meet obligations that require payment over the next three months. Without congressional action, the Treasury Department has warned that its borrowing authority would run out by mid-February.

The measure gets its name from provisions that supporters said would allow for the salaries of lawmakers to be withheld until Congress passes a budget, which it has not done for several years. Although the House has passed budget resolutions, the Senate has not passed one since April 2009; however, Senate leaders pledged Wednesday to do so this year.

The No Budget No Pay Act directs both chambers of Congress to adopt a budget resolution for fiscal year 2014 by April 15 this year. If either body fails to pass a budget, members of that body would have their paychecks put into an escrow account, starting on April 16, until that body adopts a budget. Any pay that is withheld eventually would be released at the end of the current Congress, even if a budget doesn't ever pass.

A majority of Democrats in the House opposed the bill, calling it a "political gimmick." Only 86 House Democrats voted yes on the bill, while 111 voted against it.
    The Telegraph area's two Republican congressman, veteran U.S. Rep. John Shimkus of Collinsville and freshman U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis of Taylorville, who represents Illinois' newly redrawn 13th Congressional District, voted with the majority of their House GOP colleagues. Republicans voted for the bill by 199-33.

"Budgeting in Washington is not an easy process, nor is it logical," Shimkus said in a news release. "We first start with a budget, which sets the size of the federal spending pie. Then, after determining the size of the pie, the appropriations process divides the pie into the various federal agencies.

"The House has routinely passed budgets under Republican control, and the last two years our budgets have dealt with containing our long-term Medicare spending. However, the Senate has not passed a budget since 2009," he noted.

"The No Budget, No Pay Act of 2013 puts the issue of the debt ceiling aside until both the House and Senate pass budgets," said Shimkus, who represents Illinois' newly redrawn 15th Congressional District. "And if one body or the other does not pass a budget, then their salaries would be withheld until a budget is passed, as required by law."

However, any salaries withheld would be paid at the end of the two-year congressional term, whether a budget passes or not.

"It is very difficult to control our spending when no budget exists over in the Senate," Shimkus said. "And when the House brings forward its budget, we will do two things - limit discretionary spending to $974 billion, which is the number I supported as part of sequestration, and reach a balanced budget within 10 years.

"This is the first step in very tough choices that we must make in the months to come," he said.

whskyfan
Pirate

Post by whskyfan » 02-05-2013 09:59 PM

Read it and weep... Between this and Obamacare the country will be broke.

Obama Urges Congress to Act to Stave Off Cuts
By MICHAEL D. SHEAR and JACKIE CALMES

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Tuesday called on Congress to quickly pass a new package of limited spending cuts and tax increases to head off substantial across-the-board reductions to domestic and military spending set to begin on March 1, but his appeal for more revenue was dismissed by Republicans.

More here
1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 704D4P7 70 CH4NG3.
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-05-2013 11:54 PM

It is almost more than I am able to absorb:(
A man's character is his fate

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”