Elections 2009-2012, Part 3

Moderator: Super Moderators

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-06-2012 04:20 PM

So what is this all about?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11 ... officials/

Can you imagine if this situation were reversed?

I would have sent in a team and painted over it entirely - post haste.

Forget this is illegal but hey lets not step on toes and risk upsetting the Black Panthers.
A man's character is his fate

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-20-2012 11:09 AM

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11 ... tacks?lite

Sayeth Obama:
"There's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders.”

"Let's understand what the precipitating event here that's causing the current crisis and that was an ever-escalating number of missiles that were landing not just in Israeli territory but in areas that are populated, and there's no country on Earth that would tolerate missiles raining down on its citizens from outside its borders,” Obama said at press conference in Thailand at the start of a three-nation tour in Asia.

“So we are fully supportive of Israel's right to defend itself from missiles landing on people's homes and workplaces and potentially killing civilians."

"Israel has every right to expect that it does not have missiles fired into its territory."

Sayeth SquidInk:

Fail. No other words to describe US foreign policy.

http://reason.com/24-7/2012/11/08/obama ... ers-pakist
The roars celebrating the re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama on television give Mohammad Rehman Khan a searing headache, as years of grief and anger come rushing back.

The 28-year-old Pakistani accuses the president of robbing him of his father, three brothers and a nephew, all killed in a U.S. drone aircraft attack a month after Obama first took office.
Last edited by SquidInk on 11-20-2012 02:13 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-28-2012 12:53 PM

LOL!
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-28-2012 01:16 PM

:D
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 02-08-2013 01:52 PM

JUST OFF THE NEWS --

VOTER FRAUD

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/34 ... -john-fund

OK - one person but 19 being investigated in that area... and how many others do you think could be found?

Just had to put this in as so many say - fraud doesn't exist AT ALL.... :)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-08-2013 03:05 PM

Is anyone really surprised?

Why no investigation by the Justice Dept?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-08-2013 04:24 PM

The lady in the article says she had no intent to commit voter fraud and didn't do anything wrong -

What's the big deal? So what if she not only had filled out and sent in an absentee ballot for her granddaughter (who voted on election day), along with possibly submitting absentee ballots for three other people sent from her address, but also voted by absentee and in person herself?

Hey, she should know what's OK and what's not... she was a poll worker since 1988!

Yessiree, folks, it's nice to know there's a system in place to prevent voter fraud - 'course, it'd be even nicer to know it actually works as advertised.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-08-2013 05:30 PM

Isn't this just outrageous and yet you hear nothing - absolutely nothing in terms of an investigation.

The reality is those Abesentee ballots are sent our in PLENTY of time so if you don't get your fanny in motion why is that anyone's fault but yours and not that is not an excuse to go and vote in person.

Riddick, as you say THIS from a poll worker.

Wise up - the checks and balances are only as effective as those responsible.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-08-2013 11:10 PM

Diogenes wrote: Isn't this just outrageous and yet you hear nothing - absolutely nothing in terms of an investigation.

The reality is those Abesentee ballots are sent our in PLENTY of time so if you don't get your fanny in motion why is that anyone's fault but yours and not that is not an excuse to go and vote in person.

Riddick, as you say THIS from a poll worker.

Wise up - the checks and balances are only as effective as those responsible.
According to the original article, the lady's absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature, this a full five days prior to the election - So, why was it she was concerned it would not be counted in time? Is it 'cause as a poll worker she knows how these things are supposed to work, and how they ACTUALLY work?

So far as that goes, it appears record-keeping was not all in order - according to the Bureau of Elections, while her name appeared on a list of absentee voters prior to the election, NONE OF the people on it had been "flagged" as absentee voters in the signature poll book - How convieeeenient. Wonder whose job that was?

Seeing as she's been a poll worker for the last twenty-five years, I'd be interested to hear her spin on WHY it was she voted absentee in the first place... I mean, if she expects to be working AT the polls, what's to stop her from casting her vote during break time?

Was she abnormally anxious, like maybe she could be struck by a comet or something before election day? Or maybe it was rather than use a break to vote, she wanted to use any and all her time to "assist" voters - Kinda like how she 'assisted' her grand-daughter, and possibly three other folks with their absentee ballots.

To paraphrase the narrator on the classic TV police drama series, "there are million of stories in the Naked City, and this is one of them." Still, so much as it might be easy to dismiss this as an isolated incident, how many other similar stories might there be among the millions of others left untold?

'Course, if you don't want those stories told, it's simple - don't investigate them. If anyone asks why there's no investigation, tell 'em it's a waste of time and resources since it's a well know fact large scale election fraud doesn't exist.

If you ain't looking for something, you can be pretty certain you won't find it...
Last edited by Riddick on 02-09-2013 12:50 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 02-09-2013 11:43 AM

During another election - a district (small one of 2k people in census - that's 2k with children total) had just over 1k registered voters. It had always been a split district as far as two major parties. They had two electric voting machines as well as paper ballots. When the votes were tallied - there were just under 3K total and huge Dem numbers. Did not hear about it in news but one time...except for a statement that it was under 'recount'.

===
That this one made the news is very interesting. Truly makes you wonder how many others happened.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-09-2013 12:12 PM

Riddick wrote: According to the original article, the lady's absentee ballot was accepted on Nov. 1, 2012 along with her signature, this a full five days prior to the election - So, why was it she was concerned it would not be counted in time? Is it 'cause as a poll worker she knows how these things are supposed to work, and how they ACTUALLY work?

So far as that goes, it appears record-keeping was not all in order - according to the Bureau of Elections, while her name appeared on a list of absentee voters prior to the election, NONE OF the people on it had been "flagged" as absentee voters in the signature poll book - How convieeeenient. Wonder whose job that was?

Seeing as she's been a poll worker for the last twenty-five years, I'd be interested to hear her spin on WHY it was she voted absentee in the first place... I mean, if she expects to be working AT the polls, what's to stop her from casting her vote during break time?

Was she abnormally anxious, like maybe she could be struck by a comet or something before election day? Or maybe it was rather than use a break to vote, she wanted to use any and all her time to "assist" voters - Kinda like how she 'assisted' her grand-daughter, and possibly three other folks with their absentee ballots.

To paraphrase the narrator on the classic TV police drama series, "there are million of stories in the Naked City, and this is one of them." Still, so much as it might be easy to dismiss this as an isolated incident, how many other similar stories might there be among the millions of others left untold?

'Course, if you don't want those stories told, it's simple - don't investigate them. If anyone asks why there's no investigation, tell 'em it's a waste of time and resources since it's a well know fact large scale election fraud doesn't exist.

If you ain't looking for something, you can be pretty certain you won't find it...

Just so you know my comment "wise up" was in general and not aimed at you and your post. Sorry if that was that was unclear:(

Yes use any and all available time in "assisting" indeed.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 02-09-2013 03:14 PM

Diogenes wrote: Just so you know my comment "wise up" was in general and not aimed at you and your post. Sorry if that was that was unclear:(
No problemo, Dio. I didn't take it as aimed in my direction. I was just musing over the whole sordid business.

Seems to me there's more than enough questions that could be asked by authorities. 'Course, even if they were, that doesn't mean there'll be meaningful answers...

Problem is, getting to the bottom of election fraud would mean admitting election fraud exists. Best just to chalk it up to voting "irregularities", eh?
Diogenes wrote: Yes use any and all available time in "assisting" indeed.
Well, there ya go. You wanna talk about questions? I gotta ask if this lady just suddenly had this notion, or if it's been going on for awhile... Perhaps a closer look at the historical record might be in order -

Then again, if it turned out she's been 'assisting' folks like this for as much AS her entire twenty-five years as a poll worker, it wouldn't reflect well on the system, would it?

Again, a story like that is one some folks would sooner see stay untold...

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-09-2013 11:31 PM

Riddick wrote: No problemo, Dio. I didn't take it as aimed in my direction. I was just musing over the whole sordid business.

Seems to me there's more than enough questions that could be asked by authorities. 'Course, even if they were, that doesn't mean there'll be meaningful answers...

Problem is, getting to the bottom of election fraud would mean admitting election fraud exists. Best just to chalk it up to voting "irregularities", eh?
Well, there ya go. You wanna talk about questions? I gotta ask if this lady just suddenly had this notion, or if it's been going on for awhile... Perhaps a closer look at the historical record might be in order -

Then again, if it turned out she's been 'assisting' folks like this for as much AS her entire twenty-five years as a poll worker, it wouldn't reflect well on the system, would it?

Again, a story like that is one some folks would sooner see stay untold...

Riddick,

You know you have me at "voting irregularities".

This renaming an intentional and dishonest act such as voter fraud as "voter irregularities" - well with that terminology one can be lulled and even slip in to denial whereas voter fraud requires a whole different type of thought process and reaction and possibly action.

See even thou I don't know this woman and I wasn't there, if one reads between the lines one can conjure up an entirely much more deliberate deed which is not all that far out there - especially because she has been a poll worker for 25 years.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 02-10-2013 12:33 PM

...and people wonder why I think voter ID should be national thing. Just look at this "one incident" of voting absentee and voting at the polls as well.

I'd also like to see a limitation on voting. OK to explain voting only for people running for office and not half a dozen or more side issues that the majority of the people have not heard about or fully read (and appear only in short format on ballots). PLUS having voting open 5-7 days -- especially for presidential elections.

Now I have discussed the freedom of speech thing in live chats about not allowing the media to report results of various States until ALL states have finished voting. (IE media calling one state FOR a person when that entire state has not completed voting...or calling eastern states when mountain and western states still have hours left to vote.

During this last election many 'stories' were heard across the USA about voting machines and punching in one name, but the vote showing a different name was punched. (Not even going into the claims of entire districts where EVERYONE voted a single party...)

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-20-2013 02:23 PM

According to Michelle this is the face of voter disenfranchisement

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”