Is this how we want to be remembered......????

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Is this how we want to be remembered......????

Post by kbot » 02-23-2017 05:06 PM

I'll be first in line to agree that we need to do something meaningful about our immigration policy disasters. But, this isn't it....

The Way This Ill, Undocumented Woman Was Treated Is Not OK

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has been cracking down on undocumented immigrants for the past few weeks, but now one specific case is making headlines — and it will make your blood boil.

A 26-year-old undocumented woman who was diagnosed with a brain tumor while being held by ICE officials at a Texas detention center was removed from the hospital and returned to ICE's custody, The Hill reports.

The woman, identified only as Sara, is originally from El Salvador. Her legal team told The Hill that she was being held at the Prairieland Detention Center in Alvarado, Texas, when she began experiencing severe headaches earlier this month.

Then, on February 10, she collapsed. She was taken to the Texas Health Huguley Hospital in Burleson, Texas. There, she was diagnosed with a brain tumor.

The Daily Beast, which originally covered the case, reported that doctors expected to perform surgery on Sara. But, according to Sara's lawyers, before that could happen, she was forcibly removed from the hospital and returned to the detention center.

"Huguley no longer wants to be in charge of her case because they’re getting hounded by calls and a potential lawsuit," one of Sara's lawyers, Melissa Zuniga, told The Hill.

"She told us they tied her hands and ankles in her condition," Zuniga said. "She's complaining of a lot of pain."

According to The Daily Beast, Sara arrived in the U.S. in late 2015. She was allegedly seeking asylum, but was arrested upon entering the country.

In a statement to an immigration judge, she said that she feared her life would be at risk if she returned to El Salvador because of some gang-affiliated family members. However, Sara missed the deadline to file her asylum request and wound up in the Prairieland detention facility.

Once she became ill and was transferred to the hospital, she wasn't permitted to communicate with or be visited by her family members.
http://www.refinery29.com/2017/02/1423 ... ion-center
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Doka
Pirate

Re: Is this how we want to be remembered......????

Post by Doka » 02-23-2017 08:43 PM

Quotes: From Article

— and it will make your blood boil.

Well, That is the desired effect, is it not?

"According to The Daily Beast, Sara arrived in the U.S. in late 2015. She was allegedly seeking asylum, but was arrested upon entering the country. "

"Sara missed the deadline to file her asylum request and wound up in the Prairieland detention facility."

The Daily Beast?? What deadine for Asylum, what was she doing for a year? I have got to say, if I was seeking Asylum, I would show up! She can re-apply you know, but Oh, then there would be no story..........?

Ya, I am a hard A$#. There are going to be 1000s of these stories, so you are going to be in for a rough time. A few might even be true. By the way , the ones for immediate deportation, have criminal records. There is No going in for a Big Round-Up. So unless this sweet little girl has a rap sheet, they will, more than likely not bother with her. It would depend on what she was up to for the year she couldn't show up?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-23-2017 09:26 PM

More from Article

A sworn statement from Border Patrol agent Roberto Gonzalez Jr. says Sara told him on Nov. 8, 2015 that she came to the U.S. to work, and not to seek asylum.

In a statement to an immigration judge, she said that she feared her life would be at risk if she returned to El Salvador because of some gang-affiliated family members. However, Sara missed the deadline to file her asylum request and wound up in the Prairieland detention facility

Once she became ill and was transferred to the hospital, she wasn't permitted to communicate with or be visited by her family members.

"Requests by family members to visit detainees who have been hospitalized are permitted but must be approved in advance with ICE and the appropriate consulate," spokeswoman Gillian Christensen said in a statement provided to The Hill. "ICE reached out to the family to explain the process."

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/02/14232 ... ion-center
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-23-2017 10:24 PM

Wow, this story just gets more interesting . This article from The Beast, Which came from The Hill, and who knows where they got it from?
===================================

'SHAMEFUL"

"Undocumented Woman With a Brain Tumor Locked Up by ICE"

"Sara was locked up by ICE after her asylum claim was rejected by an immigration judge. Then she got sick."

Now did she forget to show or was her claim rejected?

She told an immigration judge on Jan. 12, 2016, that she actually did come to the U.S. from her native El Salvador seeking asylum, and that she feared her aunt — who she said is gang-affiliated — would kill her because she was in a relationship with a Salvadoran police officer. But Sara missed the deadline to file her asylum claim, so the judge ordered her deportation. Her legal team, which began working with her after she missed that deadline and acknowledges that it was missed, appealed. She has been in detention since then.

So she has Appealed(2nd filling) and a Gang affiliated Aunt?

"Elijah Bruette, the hospital’s director of Business Development and Community Relations, told  The Daily Beast, “The health, comfort and privacy of each patient we are entrusted to care for are our top priorities. We do not discuss specific patient information in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... tumor.html

OK she is in the hospital (up to them, the care she gets), she has more attorneys than OJ and according to attorneys her big problem(after the brain tumor) ICE has a policy of clearing visitors, or not. And if "Family" are on line for criminal deportation, also, that could be a problem.

Here are articles, that has gone through at least 3 sources, and will turn up in a lot more places no doubt. At least "The Beast" took several time outs to Blame Trump, for HER actions and her Brain Tumor..............So all is well in Lefty Land.
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-24-2017 12:26 PM

Perhaps. I look at things somewhat differently. I agree that the system is broken and needs to be fixed - so fix the system, don't punish the people. Also ICE was interfering with the hospital's ability to provide care. That's going way beyond their mandate.

I think too, that with many cases of Monday-morning quarterbacking that it's easy to analyze things from a distance, but we don't know the full story of why people do what they do. In fact, for this to be an effective model, why not go after the corporations who hire people who are here illegally and impose penalties on them? They're the draw here that is attracting workers and paying substandard wages and zilch for benefits.....
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-24-2017 12:44 PM

And, in a new twist, taking the "search everybody" route.

Can I get a Sieg Heil!!!!!!?

Federal agents ask domestic flight passengers to show IDs in search for immigrant ordered deported

U.S. Customs and Border Protection confirmed Thursday that their agents requested to see the identification of domestic flight passengers landing at a New York airport Wednesday night as they searched for an immigrant who had received a deportation order to leave the United States

According to the agency, two CBP agents asked passengers who had been on Delta Flight 1583 from San Francisco to show their identification while deplaning after landing at John F. Kennedy Airport at about 8 p.m. Wednesday. The search was conducted at the request of Immigration and Customs Enforcement, CBP said in a statement, but the person they were seeking was not on the flight.

A CBP spokesperson said that the individual, who they did not publicly identify, had legal immigration documents but received a deportation order after multiple criminal convictions for domestic assault, driving while impaired, and violating a protective order.

The search prompted several passengers to post photos online, and it raised questions about whether it was connected to current federal law enforcement efforts to locate, detain and deport undocumented immigrants — a push that has intensified at the direction of President Trump.

A spokesperson for Delta did not respond to a request for comment.

Jordan Wells, a staff attorney with the New York Civil Liberties Union, said that law enforcement officials sometimes board airplanes to apprehend a suspect or a fugitive, he said it would be unusual for authorities to wait outside an arriving airplane and to ask for identification for each passenger.

“They’ll occasionally pull someone off of a flight, or officers will come on and make an arrest,” Wells said. “It’s a much more surgical thing than setting up a dragnet. That’s what is so alarming about the way that this played out.”

It is unclear what would have happened had officials found undocumented immigrants getting off the airplane and whether they would have faced deportation if identified. It is also unclear what would have happened to any passenger who refused to produce his or her identification for the agents.

“Is this a mere request to see identification?” Wells said. “Would they have been detained but for them showing ID? Because then it’s no longer a consensual encounter and the Constitution enters the equation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... df97d2c239

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 02-24-2017 01:09 PM

While we single out individual stories - we do seem to forget - some of those coming off planes with "IDs" - could have fake IDs.

Must we be reminded of the facts on the 3D stories about such created fake IDs? Or be reminded of other fake IDs to collect SS? Or welfare? Sad to say fakery is rampant. Not just fake news that are of a political nature - politics, but we have major illegals with totally fake IDs - fake green cards - fake work visas - etc.

YES there are some that should not have happened. Those seeking asylum should have that done within a few weeks to a month's time. NOT years later.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-24-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Can I get a Sieg Heil!!!!!!?

NO

As far as I'm concerned , at this time, I only see people doing their job. A job that most of us are very grateful to see returned for the protection of the American country and the American people. I might remind you that after WW 11 , For a time, Immigration was almost, totally shut down. That us not the case here. If they are into Criminal activities , they will NOT be allowed, if they CANNOT be vetted , Not allowed. If they ask for Asylum, they are given attention and more than one chance to apply. Then it would be their responsibility to pursue.

I will remind you that the single purpose of the Washington Times and the Washington Post is to keep people like you up all night wringing you hands. It seems to be working. Dear Kbot, stop reading the crap. You are at this time, "Sifting for Gnats, and Eating The Camel"!

I might also remind you that discrimination and profiling are not lawful so if a whole group of people have to show ID, that's just too bad. I don't like showing mine every time I go to the Drs office, so?
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-25-2017 02:52 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote:While we single out individual stories - we do seem to forget - some of those coming off planes with "IDs" - could have fake IDs.

Must we be reminded of the facts on the 3D stories about such created fake IDs? Or be reminded of other fake IDs to collect SS? Or welfare? Sad to say fakery is rampant. Not just fake news that are of a political nature - politics, but we have major illegals with totally fake IDs - fake green cards - fake work visas - etc.

YES there are some that should not have happened. Those seeking asylum should have that done within a few weeks to a month's time. NOT years later.
While remembering that fake IDs can be an issue (how much for this story, who knows??), we must also remember that this was a DOMESTIC fight, meaning that we are now moving towards a paradigm where domestic travel will require a production of papers just in order to travel.

I know that some don't want to admit It, but we're becoming a much more restrictive society

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-25-2017 02:53 PM

Doka wrote:Quote:

Can I get a Sieg Heil!!!!!!?

NO

As far as I'm concerned , at this time, I only see people doing their job. A job that most of us are very grateful to see returned for the protection of the American country and the American people. I might remind you that after WW 11 , For a time, Immigration was almost, totally shut down. That us not the case here. If they are into Criminal activities , they will NOT be allowed, if they CANNOT be vetted , Not allowed. If they ask for Asylum, they are given attention and more than one chance to apply. Then it would be their responsibility to pursue.

I will remind you that the single purpose of the Washington Times and the Washington Post is to keep people like you up all night wringing you hands. It seems to be working. Dear Kbot, stop reading the crap. You are at this time, "Sifting for Gnats, and Eating The Camel"!

I might also remind you that discrimination and profiling are not lawful so if a whole group of people have to show ID, that's just too bad. I don't like showing mine every time I go to the Drs office, so?
What crime did the people on this flight commit that required them to produce IDs? It's called unreasonable search and seizure.......

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-25-2017 02:54 PM

Doka wrote:Eating The Camel
:mrgreen: Not even gonna touch that one............

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-25-2017 05:48 PM

Kbot quote:

"What crime did the people on this flight commit that required them to produce IDs? It's called unreasonable search and seizure......."

SOooo you are assuming that when ever ID is asked for...... it is "unreasonable search and seizure"" that's a painting with " broad brush". I read nothing about anyone manually being searched or any I D seized. When I was young, I needed to show I D to buy a bottle of booze, too old to be Asked now(sigh) now I have to show ID to cash a check, get in to my Dr appointment and etc. Why are Americans required to have I D?, but to show when asked??. ID is not needed if you are illegal, that's fair?

I have been searched and seized a time or two in my miss-spent youth and thrown in jail to boot, there IS A Difference Kbot, like it or not. I would have gladly just produced I D and let go, but I was guilty as sin Ha!

Any how next time I'm asked again at Dr. Office for ID, I will accuse them of unlawful "Search and Seizure" And see how it goes!? :D
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 02-26-2017 09:21 AM

Doka wrote:SOooo you are assuming that when ever ID is asked for...... it is "unreasonable search and seizure"" that's a painting with " broad brush". I read nothing about anyone manually being searched or any I D seized. When I was young, I needed to show I D to buy a bottle of booze, too old to be Asked now(sigh) now I have to show ID to cash a check, get in to my Dr appointment and etc. Why are Americans required to have I D?, but to show when asked??. ID is not needed if you are illegal, that's fair?
I've been carded as well - that'd different. There are laws on the books that require that proof of age may be necessary when purchasing alcohol. What is different here is that this WAS a broad brush approach taken by law enforcement that required people produce an ID in order to leave the plane. Where is this written into law? If the police were after a single individual, which they appear to have ben, then why require everyone else to have their rights infringed upon? Sounds to me like the slope is getting tilted more, and becoming even more slippery. Look at the situation with Watertown after the Boston Marathon bombing with a version of martial law imposed with house to house searches, and now we have the production of ID necessary.

Whatever happened to using the least amount necessary?

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-26-2017 10:48 AM

Quotes:

"If the police were after a single individual, which they appear to have ben, then why require everyone else to have their rights infringed upon? Sounds to me like the slope is getting tilted more"

"Whatever happened to using the least amount necessary?"

I totally agree with you! But, that would be called "Profiling and Discrimination" and just too easy to boot!! That's what Political Correctness does for you! We all get to " "Suffer For The One" Nothing can be straight forward and head-on. Do Not Call A Duck, A Duck, you will hurt its "feelings" , it is the Liberal Way.

ICE Went By the Book given to them!
KARMA RULES

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 02-26-2017 11:16 AM

:o Very interesting reading you three!

Doka wrote: "ICE Went By the Book given to them!" And the other all important book of names of illegals to check on will just get thicker and thicker!" What ICE is trying might take more years than we expect to live through when the numbers are noted to be 11 million illegal job seekers and on up to 20 million some say! :shock:

In the meantime the protesters are all buying new three holed black ski toboggans and white tennies with steel toes! :oops:

The complications, the complications oh my :!:

MK II :fortune:
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to “Politics and Government 2014 - Present”