Pink Floyd's "Backing" in America's First Song For Inspiration After 9/11/01!

For music-related discussions

Moderator: Super Moderators

Do you remember hearing this inspiring song's compilation in early October of 2001?

Yes!
100%
No
No votes
I wish I had heard it.
No votes

Total votes: 1

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Pink Floyd's "Backing" in America's First Song For Inspiration After 9/11/01!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 11-27-2015 10:51 PM

:idea: Daily Snopes is a huge web site and well visited about world wide urban legends. I plastered one there for all to read and reply. They had never heard of what I placed there and promoted for just one Snopes member who may have heard this. :? There was not a peep out of anyone saying they had heard it :!: :mrgreen:

Copy and paste this line into Google,........Pink Floyd George C. Scott Patton Run Like Hell this is my rifle...........see what comes up!

FYI I'll add this line tonight and it seldom works like I'd hoped it would .........

Comments? Questions? Or crickets? :crawl: :idea:

The link starts in the right place now ( :confused: for a few years it did not!) and my snopes user name was Coal Glow Kidd, Evansville, IN.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ulti ... 001080;p=0

:lol: In an edit actually on August 14 vs the 15th noted below: Here is the printable version with the "whole nine yards" archived at a very "liberal snopes". :P I heard snopes termed liberal two weeks ago on the Jim Bohannon Show.

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ulti ... 5;t=001080

Here is the thread in total just in case Snopes disappears. :P

Icon 201 posted 18 April, 2004 10:26 PM

Profile for Coal Glow Kidd Author's Homepage Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

Where were you when you heard this compilation? Run Like Hell from Pink Floyd's The Wall album was used by (Clear Channel Communications?)a radio network shortly after 9/11/01. A Southern Baptist fire and brimstone preacher gave a rousing sermon. A US Marine recited "This is my rifle". George C. Scott said in his first lines from Patton, " We'll grease our tank treads with their guts!" This was not played in the New York City area. A Staten Island friend of mine didn't hear it.
However Pink Floyd's 'The Dogs of War' and 'Run Like Hell' were repeated alot on radio there. It gave me chills to hear the inspireing compilation one time. To me this little played song gained urban legend status, but did anyone here,....hear it?

--------------------
So if you're tired of the same old story,....Oh, turn some pages. REO Speedwagon from Champaign,Urbana, Illinois.
Posts: 73 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
DoYourDuty
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted 19 April, 2004 04:32 PM Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

I don't know about the veracity of this compilation, but I'd get chills too if I had to hear The Dogs of War more than once! IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

TrishDaDish
Let There Be PCs on Earth

Icon 1 posted 19 April, 2004 10:22 PM Profile for TrishDaDish Author's Homepage E-mail TrishDaDish Send new private message Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

I don't know about that one. Once, when I was in high school, a radio station was bought out and changed format. Before it changed hands, for a full week, all it played was the Funeral March, Pink Floyd's "Time", and "You Light Up My Life". Over and over and over. A whole week of three songs.

--------------------
I would prefer not to.
My blog
Posts: 4789 | From: Rhode Island | Registered: Feb 2004 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Coal Glow Kidd
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 201 posted 20 April, 2004 03:39 AM Profile for Coal Glow Kidd Author's Homepage Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

quote:Originally posted by TrishDaDish:

I don't know about that one. Once, when I was in high school, a radio station was bought out and changed format. Before it changed hands, for a full week, all it played was the Funeral March, Pink Floyd's "Time", and "You Light Up My Life". Over and over and over. A whole week of three songs.

35 years ago a popular station had a fire. The only song played when they quickly got back on the air,...Ring of Fire, by Johnny Cash. This was for one day only that I remember. Three songs for a week? The tuner control worked wonders again on that week!

--------------------
So if you're tired of the same old story,....Oh, turn some pages. REO Speedwagon from Champaign,Urbana, Illinois.
Posts: 73 | From: Evansville, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2004 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Coal Glow Kidd
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 14 posted 20 April, 2004 03:48 AM Profile for Coal Glow Kidd Author's Homepage Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

quote:Originally posted by DoYourDuty:

I don't know about the veracity of this compiliation, but I'd get chills too if I had to hear The Dogs of War more than once!

Chills? The ten plus one tracks of A Momentary Lapse Of Reason were read on Coast to Coast AM right after America's momentary lapse of reason,...ing!

Pink Floyd has 9 letters and there are a total of 11 tracks in the 1986/87 album. No Urban Legend there,...and I wonder if Daily Snopes investigated that one? I'll have to look from time to time.

Look no further........ :!:
http://www.fantasticforum.com/1res/view ... 0&start=15

This is staying on page one without my help. I'll watch periodicly to assist in keeping it there. CGK

--------------------

Felessan
Markdown, the Herald Angels Sing

Icon 1 posted 20 April, 2004 05:15 AM Profile for Felessan E-mail Felessan Send new private message Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

Sorry to do this, but I'm reminded of that clasic episode of The Goodies where they open a pirate radio station and they only have one record... A Walk In The Black Forest

--------------------
You fool! That's not a warrior, that's a banana!
- a surreal moment in a role-playing game
Posts: 2480 | From: Australia | Registered: Feb 2003 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Coal Glow Kidd
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 1 posted 21 April, 2004 02:40 AM Profile for Coal Glow Kidd Author's Homepage Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

I'll change it to,..played alot instead of over and over. This was noted from a friend who liked Pink Floyd. The American Blues singers Pink Anderson and Floyd Council's first names were chosen as the band's name by Syd Barrett. There have been many songs of inspiration since. If you heard this compilation please let me know.

--------------------
Mr. Krinkle
The Red and the Green Stamps

Icon 1 posted 25 April, 2004 08:25 AM Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

I honestly don't see how it could fit in with it, but Roger Waters said that he'll licence anything from "The Wall" out to people if its non profit or for charity. IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator
Fuchsia
Xboxing Day

Icon 1 posted 25 April, 2004 11:50 AM Profile for Fuchsia Send new private message Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

quote:I don't know about that one. Once, when I was in high school, a radio station was bought out and changed format. Before it changed hands, for a full week, all it played was the Funeral March, Pink Floyd's "Time", and "You Light Up My Life". Over and over and over. A whole week of three songs.

When I was in college, a classic rock station played "James Dean (too fast to live, too young to die, bye-bye)" all day. I don't know why they did it, but I couldn't get the blasted song out of my head.

--------------------
Nothing makes sense, so let's have no more nothing and stop making sense.
Posts: 1353 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2004 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a moderator

Coal Glow Kidd
I Saw Three Shipments

Icon 201 posted 25 April, 2004 08:31 PM Profile for Coal Glow Kidd Author's Homepage Edit/Delete post Reply with quote

quote:Originally posted by Mr. Krinkle:
i honestly don't see how it could fit in with it, but Roger Waters said that he'll license anything from "The Wall" out to people if its non profit or for charity.

MK, On Pink Floyd's forum from England my topic there got asked the same question. How does it fit in? The background music was low in volume. The title "Run Like Hell" fits so well; it's what we want them to do. The way the song is sung and played; with "GREAT" determination. Our local Classic Rock stations play The Wall's song alot. The live concert versions last much longer in time.

That was a nice gesture by Roger Waters. This moving piece was the first of many that I wish all stations would play more often. "Let's Roll" by Neil Young is one of many I miss hearing. If we let our guard down they'll be played again or new ones will be made if there is time and electricity to make them! :oops:

CGK

There are 44 more posts that got off topic and that's a given on any forum. The odd thing is there were song titles and lyrics that the poster found to connect to NYC and 9/11/01.

I should have placed this in the 9/11 topic here. Maybe we can do that trick. In around a week I will ask Alpha to delete the credited posts here from snopes. I borrowed ten of 'em for a bit. I hated to see this one get archived. I was going to keep it active as long as it took to read that someone had heard this compilation.

MK Standing by...........and in case it was missed, I'm CGK formerly at snopes. Linked again

Last edited by Malaria_Kidd; 06-09-2007 at 07:00 PM.

"So if you're tired of the same old story! Oh! Turn some pages!" REO Speedwagon from Champaign/ Urbana, Illinois.

END OF EDIT :wink:

This old archived thread :idea: "morphed into something completely different from the topic" :idea: :!: . As they noted, off topic, prophetic songs posting strange connections with 9/11/01. :oops: Threads get off topic so easily, don't they? :wink:

Let me know if you have heard this song's legendary compilation and IT WAS America's first song of inspiration after 9/11/01. :( Surprisingly posting this elsewhere to get comments was like pulling hen's teeth! :P I hope that's not the case here. :wink:

MK II Cody

A reminder to all FF readers that I will post this FF link elsewhere in Paranormal when the time seems right.................. Notify me when a reply is posted................is checked :!:
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 04-18-2022 06:10 AM, edited 11 times in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Riddick
Pirate

Re: America's first song of inspiration after 9/11/01 pls reply

Post by Riddick » 11-28-2015 05:47 PM

On this first of its kind tune for 9/11, can't give you an affirmative on having heard it or any knowledge of it, MK - But at the risk of additional topic morphing, I can't but wonder as regards tragic events of more recent vintage, somewhere in the world of music were there any presages of the Paris attacks - And, if so, how is it they weren't recognized and acted upon?

IMHO it's too bad warning signs in songs aren't nearly so readily seen beforehand as they are after the fact, when the missing pieces become all too painfully apparent - yet, it's the pain that then produces the inspirational songs...
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 11-28-2015 08:37 PM

Riddick wrote:On this first of its kind tune for 9/11, can't give you an affirmative on having heard it or any knowledge of it, MK - But at the risk of additional topic morphing, I can't but wonder as regards tragic events of more recent vintage, somewhere in the world of music were there any presages of the Paris attacks - And, if so, how is it they weren't recognized and acted upon?

IMHO it's too bad warning signs in songs aren't nearly so readily seen beforehand as they are after the fact, when the missing pieces become all too painfully apparent - yet, it's the pain that then produces the inspirational songs...
10-4 Riddick, Maybe somebody will find a song that fits that fateful 11/13/15 one day. But finding one like you've noted is always too late per normal. There's millions of songs so the music loving masses should start looking for one or more that presaged the Paris attacks. :idea: Yes Riddick, the pain that ensues always inspire the song writers. I suppose time's had it's way with September 11, 2001's songs that are no where to be heard now. :| I was surprised that the membership entered what they found in popular rock music. I kept posting right along with them until it faded into the "dark pages" at snopes.

Your post is a sight for my :shock: sore eyes watching and hoping someone would comment on this non urban legend qualifier at snoopy snopes. Who knows - who dunn'it for an inspirational themed song after our second "dastardly attack" on this American nation/free world!

As far as Paris goes a presage could be named Charlie Hebdo. We could include all the thousands of random cars burned in France some years ago. From now on all of Europe and Scandinavia will be "En guard!", a famous French sword duel phrase. :(

I wrote more lines but I decided to delete them. :idea:

MK II Cody

You dedicated FF members are keeping me busy :!: So be ready and on your toes for the next one. :)

This was Pink Floyd's softly played background rock song for the inspiring compilation so little played on the radio............ :P

"Run Like Hell" The Wall 1979
Pink Floyd - sung by Roger Waters :shock:

Run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run
You better make your face up in
Your favorite disguise
With your button down lips and your
Roller blind eyes
With your empty smile
And your hungry heart
Feel the bile rising from your guilty past
With your nerves in tatters
When the conch shell shatters
And the hammers batter
Down your door
You'd better run

You better run all day
And run all night
Keep your dirty feelings
Deep inside
And if you're taking your girlfriend
Out tonight
You'd better park the car
Well out of sight
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat
Trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to mother
In a cardboard box
You better run!! :realmad:

THE USE OF ANY COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL IS USED UNDER THE GUIDELINES OF "FAIR USE" IN TITLE 17 Β§ 107 OF THE UNITED STATES CODE. SUCH MATERIAL REMAINS THE COPYRIGHT OF THE ORIGINAL HOLDER AND IS USED HERE FOR THE PURPOSES OF EDUCATION, COMPARISON, AND CRITICISM ONLY.

NO INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHT IS INTENDED FOR YOUR "JUNGIAN" EDUCATION!

MK II βˆ†= FDNY 343 🍎 πŸ˜₯
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 01-10-2023 04:23 PM, edited 5 times in total.

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: America's first song of inspiration/ my #1 post at snopes!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 12-05-2015 11:29 PM

REF: To the members and plentiful guests who have not clicked on my topic at Daily Snopes.

Keeping things moving right along. I have a reputation of doing the "move" on 2 alternate news forums in the UK. It used to be more than 2. Others died eventually and were zipped off line like the FF2. An old coal hauler's famous words beginning any shift planning more loads than the average Joe could truck, was and maybe still is the same to this day or night in coal country, "Let's call the night off due to lack of interest!" :P

There were many reasons for those forums to become non existent and the main one is "due to lack of interest." Thankfully I don't see that happening here! :D

My first post at Snopes; a strange home for urban legends. :confused:

R. Gary Patterson suggested I start posting there to see if my topics might find interest in the large membership. Snopes is a skeptic's Heaven! So I started off lightly with this one........

"America's first song of inspiration after 9/11/01"

Where were you when you heard this compilation? "Run Like Hell" from Pink Floyd's The Wall album was used by (Clear Channel Communications?)a radio network shortly after 9/11/01. A Southern Baptist fire and brimstone preacher gave a rousing sermon. A US Marine recited "This is my rifle". George C. Scott said in his first lines from Patton, " We'll grease our tank treads with their guts!" This was not played in the New York City area. A Staten Island friend of mine didn't hear it.

However Pink Floyd's 'The Dogs of War' and 'Run Like Hell' were repeated a lot on radio there. It gave me chills to hear it one time. To me this little heard compilation gained Urban Legend status, but did anyone here,....hear it?

When I Googled the song's description page 1's selections were mainly my efforts to finally read one post that any member had heard that inspiring song. :idea:

Posting this for many years on our www the "Yes! I heard this song" is still the count of 0! :mrgreen:

MK II Cody on a chilly Saturday night! :)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 03-11-2016 11:42 AM, edited 1 time in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: No "dark pages" for this one, sorry..........

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 02-19-2016 06:41 PM

After the fire and brimstone speaking preacher concluded his inspiration. This was next..... :shock:

USMC Rifle Prayer

Here is the late great actor George C. Scott with Patton's inspiring speech to the U.S. Army's 3rd Division in 1943. Part of this speech having to do with, "We will grease our tank treads with their guts!" is heard here. George C. Scott ended this compilation seldom aired after September 11, 2001 I suppose due to complaints from who knows who! :?

This link will save you a trip to the top. Like Riddick noted above the "off topic drift" of this old snopes thread made my entry even more interesting. Post any music here that you think foretold the events on September 11, 2001. :cry: :x You've heard this mentioned on Coast to Coast AM and Clyde Lewis' Ground Zero so often, "It's not a matter of if, but a matter of when" another series of inspiring songs may come to the radio! :fortune: If you see something, say something 24-7-365! Political correctness be damned! :confused:

http://msgboard.snopes.com/cgi-bin/ulti ... 001080;p=0

REF Fantastic Forum's Paranormal: Remember Pearl Harbor 12/7/39 vs September 11, 2001/1986 via The British Rock Music Invasion

http://fantasticforum.com/1res/viewtopi ... =41&t=2100

Edited today! The 10th of March 2016.......

The Drudge Report 3/10/15 - An English speaking ISIS terrorist on video claims a Paris-like attack is coming soon to the USA. If I were you I'd be packin' heat in "anywhere" USA. They will seek out gun free zones, churches, indoor - outdoor concerts and popular night spots. If you have a pistol with you in a gun free zone you will be automatically disqualified in a major violation of the rules! Just don't tell anyone you have one with a full clip, with it's chamber empty, safe on and ready. :wink:

"Cha-ching!" :wink:
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 01-18-2022 03:18 PM, edited 5 times in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-10-2016 01:32 PM

I bumped this one so you could read my edit just above here. If you see something, say something! :wink:

MK 2

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-10-2016 05:20 PM

Malaria_Kidd II wrote:If you have a pistol with you in a gun free zone you will be automatically disqualified in a major violation of the rules! Just don't tell anyone you have one loaded, safe on and ready. :wink:
I always pack in the U.S. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-11-2016 10:12 AM

voguy wrote:
Malaria_Kidd II wrote:If you have a pistol with you in a gun free zone you will be automatically disqualified in a major violation of the rules! Just don't tell anyone you have one loaded, safe on and ready. :wink:
I always pack in the U.S. Rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
:wink:

Right and right voguy :!:

It's way too late to invoke fear in the minds of America's constant enemies who don't worry about our citizens owning and able to produce a rifle from every window. Like a Far East warring nation, that eventually failed badly, once did on December 7, 1941 :!:

vo, I've Tweeted this more than once over the last two years: Long before this 1,400 year war is over, we'll all be packin' heat with a permit or with out a permit :!:

Thanks for moving my snopes stumper this week and before the weekend is over I will move it again. It's related to Riddick's nice entry and my first urban legend entry morphing! :o

MK II
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 06-26-2016 06:43 AM, edited 2 times in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 03-12-2016 09:41 PM

Riddick wrote:On this first of its kind tune for 9/11, can't give you an affirmative on having heard it or any knowledge of it, MK - But at the risk of additional topic morphing, I can't but wonder as regards tragic events of more recent vintage, somewhere in the world of music were there any presages of the Paris attacks - And, if so, how is it they weren't recognized and acted upon?

Riddick is so right and his quote had to have a second running under "America's first song of inspiration after 9/11/01 pls reply"

Broom away the cobwebs in Paranormal and you will find more that fits Riddick's billing above! :fortune: So get your warmest sweater on first if you've not been here already. :idea:

:(

http://fantasticforum.com/1res/viewtopi ... =41&t=2100

Here's more somewhat off topic but spot on considering Riddick's lines above never-the-less! :wink:

:(

http://fantasticforum.com/1res/viewtopi ... 41&t=50163

Over the years I've personally handed the print outs of both links to a "select few friends" with open minds. After a read the fact they experienced "goose bumps" or "chicken skin tingles" was verbally told to me! :reader: :o

:hourglass

:evilpengu
Now that's cold :!:

MK2 :idea:

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: America's first song of inspiration after 9/11/01! I'm still mad as Hell!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 08-07-2016 05:16 AM

:D I just got a Fantastic Forum e-mail saying "Get me out of the Dark Pages!"

One of these days someone out there will say they heard this briefly* played song to inspire Americans soon after September 11, 2001. I still remember that day like it was only yesterday. :(

MK II

*I could just imagine the politically correct liberal crowd clamoring in unison to yell, "That's Islamophobia! Get that off the air :!: :P

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 11-13-2016 07:01 AM

This post was copied and then edited a bit from a web site where MK II and Riddick are the only FF members who contribute a post once in a while to hopefully peak an interest in an average of 200 guests viewing the site.

My last post under this same topic: America's first song of inspiration after 9/11/01

I've long told my Manhattan born and raised wife that it was time for a U.S. President to be a resident of New York City! Our first leader that would take political correctness to it's cemetery! This song was canned because of being politically incorrect :!: We weren't aware of it at that time that it being taken "off the air" was one of the first of MANY appeasements to radical Islam :!: :confused:

The newly edited post..... :idea:

Unlike at Scotland's huge Unexplained Mysteries I don't believe folks (FF's members & FF's moderators) will come out of the woodwork to razz me about seeing me re upping my old thread.

Because my inquiry at Daily Snopes failed to produce an active member who'd heard this inspiring music compilation. It does deserve another go before any new songs are written to inspire us again in these uncertain times of "their" unending war on the infidel. The war on terror did not begin on 9/11/01. The Islamic jihadists started it against all non believers 1,400 years ago!

I did not get the initial responses I'd hope to get and I would have been happy back then to explain it at length. We American's were mad as hell at that time after 9/11/01.

It started with a fire and brimstone preacher saying his fiery sermon!

Then a U.S. Marine speaks the Marine rifle training poem, "This Is My Rifle"

Lastly, as Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell" continues softly in the background...........

The late great actor portraying "Patton" in that movie, George C. Scott, says General George Patton's lines to inspire his troops before battling nazi troops in WW II.

It was strange to see my snopes thread go off topic when members posted the songs that reminded them of that bad day in New York City.

In closing rock and roll mysteries author R. Gary Patterson did not hear it played on radio in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.

Another thanks to Riddick who did not catch it on the radio so I'll ask the question once again: Did you hear it :?:

Are you just like me? Are you still mad as hell? :x

Comments? Questions? Or crickets? :crawl: :crawl:

MK II

PS

Synchronicity to note!: Earlier in the evening the better half stopped watching the TV so I ask her if she would like to have the pc. I was doing a few minor edits here before THAT notation :lol: "Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II;" came calling. I got out of the pc chair and told her I was going outdoors to lock up our 4X4 out in the parkway (a driveway to most LOL).

I had to put the key into the ignition to roll up the windows. I barely heard the radio playing on Classic Rock. Those softly playing instrumental notes had me straining my ears and saying to myself, "Is THAT Pink Floyd's "Run Like Hell"? I increased the volume and it was right at the beginning! That was just too cool since just minutes before I'd been right here typing! 8) :shock:
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 07-08-2018 06:49 AM, edited 2 times in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 07-04-2017 08:36 AM

July 4, 2017 :!: :D

REF music to inspire Americans: Here's 17 UK based posts linked just below about this old topic.

:idea: To this day there is only 1,314 views on this same topic found at a Pink Floyd fan based web site. :oops: Back in 2003 no one Pink Floyd fan could say they heard this song! :idea: After having this one posted for 12 years on 5 web sites no member has ever said they'd heard it. :reader: :o

http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/forums/s ... ight=rifle

I gave it my best snopes shot and nada! It can never be a true legendary compilation, aired so soon after 9/11/01, when so few heard this freedom fighter's song to inspire every American citizen. We all heard the other great songs played so frequently didn't we :?: :(

9/23/17 (the supposed end of days is today?) Here's an edit not noted at the bottom of my post. :wink: What a surprise! My thread's inquiry to this date is still on page one at only one of many Pink Floyd forums from 2003. 8)

http://www.pinkfloydonline.com/forums/f ... 2&page=150

Edited May 18, 2019: I'm very happy to see these now 7,531 + view bump numbers are number 1 in Music's 9 dark pages! :mrgreen:

Let's all pray this free nation never needs another song to inspire us to remember similar sad days as both December 7 and September 11 were. πŸ™

One of these days, a new member or guest (will actually join FF) to write they'd heard America's first song of inspiration right after the attacks on 9/11. "One of these days" is part of Pink Floyd's drummer Nick Mason's only lyrics he ever sung on all their long list of iconic songs! That song was their ultra spooky "Echoes"! :shock:

MK II :wink: Many thanks to all members to include the frequent but oh so bashful guests for viewing my "Entertainment" archived "member stumper" at Daily Snopes.πŸ‘ πŸ™ˆ πŸ™‰ πŸ™Š πŸ‘Œ
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 05-18-2019 10:43 AM, edited 4 times in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Re: America's First Song For Inspiration After 9/11/01!

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 05-25-2018 10:04 AM

Here's the 17 year old inspiring compilation's background music renewed in 2016.

'Run Like Hell' - David Gilmour - Live from Pompeii - 2016

Run Like Hell
Pink Floyd
You better make your face up in
Your favorite disguise
With your button down lips and your
Roller blind eyes
With your empty smile
And your hungry heart
Feel the bile rising from your guilty past
With your nerves in tatters
When the conch shell shatters
And the hammers batter
Down your door
You'd better run

You better run all day
And run all night
Keep your dirty feelings
Deep inside
And if you're taking your girlfriend
Out tonight
You'd better park the car
Well out of sight
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat
Trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to mother
In a cardboard box
You better run!!

Inspiring Americans is this topic now nearly 18 years old. After 4 years standing by here in a public forum. I'm very happy that two members felt inspired to be here posting. Even if no new members ever feel the same way for another 4 years or more! :wink:

MK II I'm still :realmad: 18 years later!

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-28-2019 12:14 PM

:oops:
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 07-26-2021 01:48 AM, edited 1 time in total.

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-28-2019 12:14 PM

Art Bell Somewhere In Time

October 26, 2001

Art's Topic: Shortly after 9/11 the term "Think out of the box" was adopted by the U.S. Government that could have had it's origins from Art's suggested topic heard on Coast to Coast AM!

Riddick's S.I.T. weekend entry reminded me that this inspirational song came on the radio nearly at the same time during October!

Art Bell – Somewhere in Time returns to October 26, 2001 for an Open Lines discussion on 9-11, which had just happened six weeks earlier and with callers sharing β€œout of the box” solutions to the War on Terror.

I sent in my two T.O.O.T.B. entries into DC and maybe you did the same.πŸ˜‰

#1 - Use G.P.R. over the WH lawn, often!
#2 - πŸ™Š

Now with IS's dear leader fresh dead on Sunday the 27th in NW Syria. Keep on your toes and keep your ears and eyes wide open! It's your choice to pack heat reserved just for OUR never ending war on terror. Just don't tell 'em I brought up that idea here!

Art Bell S.I.T. - just 17 years ago :hourglass

http://sitarchive.com/?p=5821on

My old Snopes poll-like request is a good place for your first post to begin as a new member! :coolhat:

So?...........Did ya hear it like I did anytime during later October of 2001?

MK II

#1 A

#1 B

🌎 πŸ” 🌏 πŸ—» 🌍 πŸŒ‹

Return to β€œMusic”