/facepalm

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

/facepalm

Post by Fan » 05-03-2014 12:57 AM

I can't believe what happened with this show. I mean, I believe Art is the only person who could do this, but wow. After all that excitement, the denouement is painful.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Raggedyann
Pirate

Re: /facepalm

Post by Raggedyann » 05-03-2014 03:12 AM

Fan wrote: I can't believe what happened with this show. I mean, I believe Art is the only person who could do this, but wow. After all that excitement, the denouement is painful.

What has Art done? Which show? :confused:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 05-03-2014 02:54 PM

:confused:
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Re: /facepalm

Post by Riddick » 05-03-2014 05:14 PM

Fan wrote: I can't believe what happened with this show. I mean, I believe Art is the only person who could do this, but wow. After all that excitement, the denouement is painful.
Might I inquire if your comments were triggered by any specific current Art-related event, Fan, or are they just a delayed-reaction post-traumatic stress lament from last fall's letdown?

Fan
Lady with a

Re: Re: /facepalm

Post by Fan » 05-04-2014 08:38 PM

Riddick wrote: Might I inquire if your comments were triggered by any specific current Art-related event, Fan, or are they just a delayed-reaction post-traumatic stress lament from last fall's letdown?
I was just thinking about his whole DM debacle, and how many times he has made me feel that way. It makes me sad. The guy should be so much more, but he has basically ruined his own reputation over silly issues.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-05-2014 06:44 AM

I've checked his site, and it seems to be more of a clearinghouse for other paranormal shows than anything of his own creation. Been wondering if he's in a holding pattern......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-05-2014 05:13 PM

IMHO Art oughta re-think things, get some new ideas and go back to the drawing board. Even moreso, if and when he returns with another show, it'll need to be on a more firm footing than Dark Matter - That is to say, aside of some unforeseen act of God, in no way will the whole business be over in only six weeks.

Another thing Art needs to do is avoid coyness with fans. Fun in the past yet far more off-putting now, at this point seems to me stringing folks along about what's in the works is not without risk - Like, making a fairly major Facebook update about it all on April's Fools Day?? That won't raise even more doubts will it!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 05-05-2014 08:37 PM

Fan wrote: I was just thinking about his whole DM debacle, and how many times he has made me feel that way.
I knew ya were buddy when I read this thread........

I know..... He backed out and made it l00k like someone elses fault!!!

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 05-05-2014 09:44 PM

Art had a few good years 20 years ago (mid 1990's). He caught lightening in a bottle.

I know I've said it before, but he should have stopped after "Y2K" --- he was still near the high point. By the time the show had devolved to the "wingnut" moment, all was lost & a threshold was permanently crossed.

The stated purpose of his show was to give alternate viewpoints some air time, and let the viewers decide. After 9/11, he acted like a Mockingbird, and in the process he intellectually checkmated himself. He was either hopelessly naive about the nature and capabilities of his own government to be a party to evil, or he was turning on the very same conspiracy minded, answer seeking audience that he had shamelessly farmed a living off of for years -- when the "conspiracies" were less "serious", just UFOs and magic and stuff.

After "wingnut" everything, including DM, was "Pizza Punch". If it had been anything more genuine, he would have opted for a periodical podcast and enjoyed a rabid following until his final day.

(jmho)
Last edited by SquidInk on 05-05-2014 09:47 PM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-06-2014 12:51 AM

Hey Now Squid! Interesting you note how there's two Art Bells, pre and post 9/11... Here's a related excerpt from an article I came upon while doing research for my C2C Classic Show WACO Special Report -

Originally posted at mcmmadnessnews.blogspot.com:
  • The saga of Art Bell and just what happened to him is beyond the scope of this article, but we need to do a timeline soon, showing just how he was made an example of for airing too much of the truth and being too much of a focused, nuisance whistleblower from roughly the years 1996-2000...

A switch got flipped on him after that, likely spearheaded by Stasi-like, shutdown units of the NSA, and he rapidly changed his stance from anti-government to pro, most suspiciously in the aftermath of 9/11.

The Art Bell who suggested that Waco was a government-sponsored terrorism op loudly in 1997 mysteriously turned into the Art Bell who suggested you leave the country if you’d dare to implicate that same government in 9/11. The world’s largest case of cognitive dissonance? Or maybe bashing the Clinton regime was easier (not as dangerous) for him than bashing Bush.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 05-06-2014 02:36 PM

Riddick wrote: Hey Now Squid! Interesting you note how there's two Art Bells, pre and post 9/11... Here's a related excerpt from an article I came upon while doing research for my C2C Classic Show WACO Special Report -

Originally posted at mcmmadnessnews.blogspot.com:
  • The saga of Art Bell and just what happened to him is beyond the scope of this article, but we need to do a timeline soon, showing just how he was made an example of for airing too much of the truth and being too much of a focused, nuisance whistleblower from roughly the years 1996-2000...

A switch got flipped on him after that, likely spearheaded by Stasi-like, shutdown units of the NSA, and he rapidly changed his stance from anti-government to pro, most suspiciously in the aftermath of 9/11.

The Art Bell who suggested that Waco was a government-sponsored terrorism op loudly in 1997 mysteriously turned into the Art Bell who suggested you leave the country if you’d dare to implicate that same government in 9/11. The world’s largest case of cognitive dissonance? Or maybe bashing the Clinton regime was easier (not as dangerous) for him than bashing Bush.

yeah or he got that proverbial knock at the door he was always joking about.

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 05-09-2014 10:28 AM

Ya he is scared to speak out!! (UNDERSTANDABLE AS EVERYONE KNOWS WHO HE IS)

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”