It's official - Art Bell's DARK MATTER Network Announced

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Will you be listening to Art Bell's DARK MATTER Network?

Wild horses couldn't stop me.
33%
Don't make me laugh.
50%
It's entirely possible, if not probable.
17%
Only for six weeks, then I'll quit.
No votes

Total votes: 6

Riddick
Pirate

It's official - Art Bell's DARK MATTER Network Announced

Post by Riddick » 11-24-2013 12:25 PM

From horrorreport.com:
News is coming from Bell that his fans--and competitors in a sense--may benefit from his absence from radio.
Artbell.com is planning on utilizing free streaming to simulcast paranormal and other related programs.

There is already a planned schedule at the website put up by webmaster Keith Rowland.. The announcement on the main page reads:
  • While we wait for Art's return, we'll be offering up other Internet radio shows on our LIVE stream, for your listening pleasure.

Monday - Paranormal Podcast w/Jim Harold
    Tuesday - The Spec Sheet w/MV and Curtis
    Wednesday - Podcast UFO w/Martin and Sam

Programs start at 8 PM East / 5 PM West

The stream will be running 15 minutes before the scheduled time of the show. Watch for more shows to appear here. If you have a show and would like to be streamed here, contact [email protected].
This could be an exciting time for someone who wants to take a foot in the door approach.

There seem to be a void needing to be filled with Bell's departure.

Sure, Coast to Coast AM exists, but in the current incarnation, we know it lacks the zeal and spontaneity that Art Bell brought to radio.
Now with the Dark Matter network, there seems to be a chance to do something new, creative, and cool on line.

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 11-24-2013 01:39 PM

WHOO-HOOOOO!!!!!!!

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 11-24-2013 02:58 PM

Excellent......... Im surprised!! (I wonder if it will be as good as it was on XM and originally)

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 11-24-2013 03:06 PM

That's great but these guys are not new. They have been doing this on their own for quite a while.

So dark matter is now a clearing house for paranormal podcast. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Just don't expect to click on them and hear Art clones.
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

starrmtn001
Jester Mod

Post by starrmtn001 » 11-24-2013 04:25 PM

BenSlain wrote: That's great but these guys are not new. They have been doing this on their own for quite a while.

So dark matter is now a clearing house for paranormal podcast. I'm not saying that's a bad thing. Just don't expect to click on them and hear Art clones.

I am aware of this Ben. In another thread, I suggested to Fan that we consider a Fantastic Forum Podcast. Now, here's a little tidbit to sweeten the deal:

http://artbell.com/
"If you have a show and would like to be streamed here, contact [email protected]."

As for Art being on a podcast? He already has been "a caller" on "The Spec Sheet. Yes, I was in the chat room and heard him live. He'll probably call in again.
Here is the link to the Podcast Art was on:
http://www.ufoship.com/archive/gabcast_20131112.mp3

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-24-2013 06:20 PM

starrmtn001 wrote: As for Art being on a podcast? He already has been "a caller" on "The Spec Sheet. Yes, I was in the chat room and heard him live. He'll probably call in again.
Now THERE'S a slick yet simple way to sneak some Art airtime in around the NC, eh? Calling in on the various programs to query guests or be the guest from time to time oughta be an added attraction for folks to 'stay tuned' - besides which the opportunity to work with the Master might act as some serious fuel for the ambitions of talented people on the sidelines to pursue a podcast of their own.

Who knows - could be one of those ideas that's crazy enough it might just work!

LESTAT1999
Pirate

Post by LESTAT1999 » 11-24-2013 06:30 PM

Yes i agree. Been listening to these paranormal podcasts and certainly putting them up here is nothing new. I have them on my ipod and listen here and there because there is nothing else worth listening too. Not to put the guests we see down but the whole point is they are no art bell and that is what we want and we will never get by the looks of things. These podcasts have been around forever and really nothing to get excited about. Is this what art wanted or is he just helping out poeple working the website. Again love art and that is what i have always wanted but seems will not get once again. Am i excited? NO. Will these shows be on demand to listen too whenever we want or only live? Only live would make this idea even worse. For a final time art, are we waiting for you for two more years or is it over?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 11-24-2013 06:44 PM

LESTAT1999 wrote: For a final time art, are we waiting for you for two more years or is it over?
IMHO, his history would say NO one need hold their breath waiting...

Like Yogi Berra? With Art, you can only figure it ain't over 'til it's over.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-25-2013 01:27 PM

But, all he is doing is linking to other people's podcasts? That is not a network, that is a webpage with links. Are these going to be branded Art Bell or Dark Matter podcasts? I doubt the creators of them are going to go that route, unless there is cash involved.

I mean, it is great Art is staying in the game, but this seems a little far-reaching to say it is a paranormal network. Our forum is more of a paranormal network than that.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”