"Art Bell's Dark Matter"

Discussion forum for Art Bell's new show on the internet, Midnight in the Desert. Come in and discuss the latest news on Art, the show and guests.

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-14-2013 08:11 AM

Doka wrote: Voguy

Is Gilbert the that yells all the time?

Yeah. Sort of the male version of Rosanne where the voice is well over the annoying side. IMHO, Gilbert's defining moment was doing the V.O. for the Duck in the AFLAC commercials before he got into trouble.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 09-14-2013 02:07 PM

Fan wrote: Art, I love you, but you need to break new ground. Remember the times you spent with Terrence McKenna... there is fertile ground. Get some youngsters on. I know you need to pay some dues, but we want you to be searching still. Consider internet-voting for guests. Video submissions? You can find some amazing people by using facebook and twitter to vote on things. Check this out http://strawpoll.me/

Not a bad line-up for the first shows! But have you read about the problems of downloading in the Sirius XM forum... which the owners of Sirius have admitted they NEVER read?!! (Why have a comment section in the forum if no one ever comes to the site to find out if there are any problems?!)

I talked to Rod about getting SXM, but at $14.95/month (or "X" amount of dollars per year) and with the BAD, BAD, BAD reviews in the feed-back part of the SXM forum, Rod thinks it's a poor investment. I'd have to use my iPhone, and if you read the forum complaints, it doesn't look good. Perhaps Art will do something about this, once he's on the air; if that happens, and the techs address the problems people are alleging they're having now, I might be able to persuade Rod to let us add SXM later on. (Sigh!)
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 09-14-2013 02:15 PM

Bobbi Snow wrote: Not a bad line-up for the first shows! But have you read about the problems of downloading in the Sirius XM forum... which the owners of Sirius have admitted they NEVER read?!! (Why have a comment section in the forum if no one ever comes to the site to find out if there are any problems?!)

That was another reason I dropped and won't resubscribe.

XM told me when courting my business that I could call a number for a channel and make a request. Turns out you can call a number, and leave a message on a machine, but nobody ever responds or plays the request. After brief legal action they admitted that they don't check it, and then said if you want to make a request you have to e-mail it to them.

Since I took the subscription for use while on the road I'm challenged how I'm going to e-mail and drive (safely) at the same time. Best not to do business with liars.

"Oh, we lied? And you're not going to buy our service? Fine! We'll find another sucker and start sending spam to your e-mail."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-14-2013 11:44 PM

BenSlain wrote: 90 percent of the post here and everywhere else are screaming how they miss the old Art Bell show. Well.....this is what it was most days.
Makes me think of folks who say they absolutely love Monty Python to bits, but when pinned down it often turns out they've ONLY ever caught the choicest quality assortment of very BEST bits, emptied, steamed, flavored with sesame seeds, whipped into a fondue and garnished with lark's vomit - OR lovingly frosted with glucose. (I forget which.).

OTOH, watch each AND every episode of the original series in order, from beginning to the end in their entirety? Like that'll ever happen - Waving their naughty bits non-stop in your general direction is WAY more likely...

Now, for something completely different? Maybe what's needed most is a guest booker that has, amongst their weaponry... a surprising opening line a sharp sword and a ruthless efficiency - Like, say, a mutated mashup of the Black Knight AND Cardinal Ximinez?

"NOBODY shall expect to pass the Art Bell-Sirius/XM inquisition!"

(Diabolical laughter)

And they quickly ran away, away /
When Art's guest booker raised its head /
The candidates turned tail and fled /
'Cause should they try to get ahead? /
Then they shall surely die instead /
Else they confess their heresy? /
No more they'll see the light of day /
(All-night open lines tomorrow?)

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-15-2013 12:33 AM

I was visiting with my nephew this evening, he is a tecky for a large company, home based in LA. He was saying satellite radio is on it's last gasp, they are expensive and the satellites or old and need replacing, with none of that in the plan in the near future. He said every thing is going to be through the air. He bought his mom an IPad mini. What a wonderful piece of work that is ! I was drooling. It does everything but do the dishes. :)
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-15-2013 11:38 AM

Doka,

You only live once - get yourself an IPad mini and make yourself happy. ;)

Interesting comment about Satellite radio - so will it be in the "Cloud" or something like that.

As you can tell I am NO tekkie.
A man's character is his fate

JennyHayden
Pirate

Post by JennyHayden » 09-15-2013 12:02 PM

Check out this awesome promo video on Art's website.
Pay close attention to the end. ;)

http://artbell.com/ross-howards-video-promo-4/

I'm so stoked for tomorrow night!
* JennyHayden *

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 09-15-2013 12:08 PM

So who is making the popcorn:D
A man's character is his fate

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 09-15-2013 12:34 PM

Fan wrote: Art, I love you, but you need to break new ground. Remember the times you spent with Terrence McKenna... there is fertile ground. Get some youngsters on. I know you need to pay some dues, but we want you to be searching still. Consider internet-voting for guests. Video submissions? You can find some amazing people by using facebook and twitter to vote on things. Check this out http://strawpoll.me/

Art had said the first 2 weeks would be old friends then he would move on to new things.
Life is short drink good coffee.

JennyHayden
Pirate

Post by JennyHayden » 09-15-2013 12:58 PM

Art has asked everyone to suggest guests for his new show.
Email your suggestion to Paul Bowman [email protected]

Be sure to send as much info about how to contact the proposed guest as possible (email, website, phone number, etc.)
* JennyHayden *

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 09-16-2013 03:34 AM

"I no longer harbor a grudge against Oates, it's not healthy. Premiere however is a another matter, I have nothing less than a institutional hate for what they did to me. I had almost decided not to tell that story but after what George did on Thursday (I have word from a inside source that indeed it was George over the advice/objections of his Producer) it just may be time for a clear slate. Stay tuned"
Yes well now is the time!!!!

EVERYONE IS REVEALING THINGS THAT WERE HIDDEN!!!! (Snowden,etc (ALTHOUGH SOME OF US KNEW THAT WAS GOING ON ALL ALONG))

Good luck Art :)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 09-16-2013 09:34 AM

Doka wrote: I was visiting with my nephew this evening, he is a tecky for a large company, home based in LA. He was saying satellite radio is on it's last gasp, they are expensive and the satellites or old and need replacing, with none of that in the plan in the near future. He said every thing is going to be through the air. He bought his mom an IPad mini. What a wonderful piece of work that is ! I was drooling. It does everything but do the dishes. :)
You can get an android tablet for $200 that is as good or better, look at the Google Nexus 7 - it is amazing.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Daneel
Pirate

Almost time to take a ride...

Post by Daneel » 09-16-2013 03:05 PM

TONIGHT: Michio Kaku

He has always been one of my favorite guests and the one (IMHO) Art interviews extremely well. He has an amazing ability to explain the most complicated physics theories in a way that almost any average listener can understand.

TOMORROW: Greer

Another classic guest..always interesting.

WEDNESDAY: Jonathan Reed

He is a bit kooky but always has good UFO stories.

THURSDAY: Hoagland

LOL. I'm sure as usual Hoagland will try and take over the show with his loony theories and all these things he thinks he sees on the moon, mars, etc. Wonder what new crackpot fantasy he has concocted with this 'torsion field' foolishness? We'll hear all about it, I'm sure. Good news is Art always makes it funny and will prevent Hoagland from taking over the show (unlike snoorey who just lets him go on and on). Should be some good comic relief.

Noticeably absent is Linda Moulton-Howe. I always liked he investigative segments and thought she was objective and did a good job. Maybe she will be on next week?

The biggest unknown is open lines...I wonder if JC will make an appearance...something tells me yes. Don't even care if he is a plant (doubt Art would do that)...he is hilarious.

Also curious what the opener sounds like...midnight express? Does noodles still use that? Or something new...we will find out soon...

CAN'T WAIT!!!

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 09-16-2013 04:29 PM

Kaku is the best, a good place to start.

I was afraid he was going to headline with Ed Lame. :(

fos

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 09-16-2013 04:32 PM

Im going to TRY AND LISTEN if im still awake then! (However there is NO OTHER PROGRAMMING ALL NIGHT RIGHT?? So his show will repeat until 6am)

Return to “Art Bell's Midnight in the Desert”