Art Bell's Official Facebook Account

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Patty
Pirate

Post by Patty » 02-11-2013 10:15 PM

Hi Sharri! OK! Thanks for the update. Wonder what his "wrong reasons" were? :huh: Sure wish he would just do it! It'd be so nice. :crazyjump Hope ur feeling better! :)

maxaman25
Pirate

Post by maxaman25 » 03-16-2013 06:31 PM

I always try to look at things from Art Bells perspective. All this talk and emails about another show could be nothing but a ploy. Think about it. He makes some noise about a new show then approaches coast and signs a new "noncompete" contract for a couple million more.

In other words he get's coast to pay him off for not starting a new show.

If there is anything we have learned about Art over the years is that he has never been real concerned about jerking his fans around.

For example how much trouble would it be to post something here once in awhile...like every week or so. Just as a friendly gesture to the very fans that made him wealthy?

It's something I would certainly do if I were him. But there are things about Art I still like. Every so often he actually answers an email of mine. It's a short response but still I do appreciate it.

I miss the "ride" though. I miss that feeling when he did a show that made you rethink everything about the world and the universe. No one was ever better at doing that than him.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-17-2013 01:56 PM

I imagine Art could be angling for another no-compete contract with Premrad - Thing is, isn't it possible he could get that and STILL have an opening for doing another show that DOESN'T involve terrestrial radio, say through satellite and/or the Internet...?

Then again, why bother - it doesn't get any better than getting paid extremely well for doing absolutely nothing!

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 03-17-2013 03:36 PM

Amazing how one can still market themselves when they haven't had a show in years. Maybe there will be a payoff to this roller coaster ride. I am still wishin and hopin. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 03-18-2013 12:02 PM

Economics 101 - if you have something to sell which someone else wants you are in good shape.

I think that is how it works:confused:
A man's character is his fate

maxaman25
Pirate

Post by maxaman25 » 03-23-2013 08:20 PM

It's just a theory about trying to get another noncompete contract. But we should stop and think about this. If Art really wanted to still be in radio wouldn't he have done something by now? Seriously....wouldn't he be doing things to keep his name in the public arena? Wouldn't he have a website or something?

He says he's working on a contract for a new show. But where is there any evidence he actually intends to make a comeback? He hasn't even done the things he could do to keep his fan base together.

Except for a few people...mostly everyone has forgotten who he is. I asked a bunch of people who I work with if they rememeber Art Bell.....no one did.

He's only famous to us. The rest of the world doesn't even know he exists.

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 03-27-2013 05:45 PM

I am just theorizing here but it seems to me that there are underpinnings of extreme dislike between Art and Premrad. Not so much on Premrad's part but more on Art's art. He asked them to not broadcast his old Saturday shows but they continued to do it. He has indicated there is a back story to his relationship with Premrad or is it Clear Choice?? I cannot seem to recall. I do not think any of us know the full story. Honestly I do not know but I do believe in Art Bell and if I live to be a hundred I will always hold him in high esteem. Better yet, I will remember him. I think he is a square shooter who utilized his excellent interviewing skills in a way that was truly entertaining and informative. I would still rather get my news from him. I think I miss that the most. I always enjoyed hearing his perspective on current events. Just saying and reminiscing.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-02-2013 11:45 AM

Saharaka wrote: I am just theorizing here but it seems to me that there are underpinnings of extreme dislike between Art and Premrad. Not so much on Premrad's part but more on Art's art. He asked them to not broadcast his old Saturday shows but they continued to do it. He has indicated there is a back story to his relationship with Premrad or is it Clear Choice?? I cannot seem to recall. I do not think any of us know the full story. Honestly I do not know but I do believe in Art Bell and if I live to be a hundred I will always hold him in high esteem. Better yet, I will remember him. I think he is a square shooter who utilized his excellent interviewing skills in a way that was truly entertaining and informative. I would still rather get my news from him. I think I miss that the most. I always enjoyed hearing his perspective on current events. Just saying and reminiscing.
You know, I agree and as I think about it more I am sure there is some very complex and silly wrangling going on, and there has been.

One thing I can't understand is why he took his website down and still keeps it down. He could do a little blog, be an authority site on paranormal or ham radio or whatever he likes.

Ah well, I await any news Art!

LisaA
Pirate

Art Bell

Post by LisaA » 04-26-2013 08:21 PM

I always loved how he sounded like just an ordinary guy who was always astounded by the things he was hearing.

JimWest
Pirate

Post by JimWest » 05-05-2013 06:03 PM

Latest post by Art Bell at his facebook page today:
I guess it is time to end any further speculation that I will return to the air anytime soon. I have given (2) very solid offers a lot of thought and have turned them down. My reasons are many, though I am profoundly sad at the current state of the show, both offers would have been direct competition with Coast and anger is the wrong reason to proceed. Also I really do not want to destroy what I built despite it's current state. Asia will be in first grade in the Fall and getting up very early, I would be up late and sleeping late, I would not see much of her or Airyn. Life is short and I want to spend what I have left with my Family. I hope my friends understand...

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 05-05-2013 09:26 PM

Thanks for the update Jim. Now we know for sure that we won't be hearing Art on the airwaves again. I appreciate that he has finally made a decision and that he has let us all know. Living by night when your family cannot, is a tough one and I understand and admire his choice. :)
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 05-05-2013 09:28 PM

Excerpted from a post by The Horror Reporter:
  • LONG LIVE THE HOT AIR..
    George Noory breathing a stale sigh of relief tonight..

Art Bell has finally said he will not be coming back to radio..

For months, Art Bell has been teasing fans with potential news that he could come back to radio. Not long ago, he was released from his non compete clause from Premiere Radio. His voice hasn't been heard on radio since October 31, 2010, the final broadcast..
    But the speculation is now over. The hot air will apparently live on..
    It appears that closure has finally come to this story.. From rumors of sickness, to rumors that he'd take over the night again.. it's all coming to a quiet end. Art Bell put up the "wind no longer blows" webcam message years ago now.. And the wind no longer blows. The hot air does in fact exist..

Maybe Art Bell knows that George Noory, minus the backing of Bell even in a distance, will not be able to thrive.. Or maybe the audience will dive. Sometimes dive bars last generations..

Either way, this is now the silent end of an era on radio. There will be no further Art Bell retirements, because there will be no further Art Bell broadcasts. He made that clear tonight..

Cumulus, nah.
    Premiere no way.
    Sirius, are you serious?
    Bell's had his say..

It's over, folks. The show must go on.. but we'll all be asking when we listen, must this show go on?

akita
Pirate

Post by akita » 05-06-2013 03:20 PM

The hot air does in fact exist..

Certainly don't resent Art taking full advantage of & enjoying his golden years; but, dang! these hot-air doldrums will sink us all!

.....OH WELL! :( ...... (Gorm-quote)

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 05-07-2013 05:54 AM

No doubt tha the bar has certainly been lowered considerably. I have to give kudos to John B and George Knapp though. I think that they are the show's only saving grace. At least they bring some variety and some degree of knowledge to the never-ending spirituality-quest that AM Coast 2 Coast has become under Noory's "leadership".

akita
Pirate

Post by akita » 05-07-2013 02:21 PM

kbot wrote: No doubt tha the bar has certainly been lowered considerably. I have to give kudos to John B and George Knapp though. I think that they are the show's only saving grace. At least they bring some variety and some degree of knowledge to the never-ending spirituality-quest that AM Coast 2 Coast has become under Noory's "leadership".

AND ..... John B. & George Knapp speak English! woo-hoo! :crazyjump

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”