Banghazi WH knew within 2 hours

Moderator: Super Moderators

kbot
Pirate

Banghazi WH knew within 2 hours

Post by kbot » 10-24-2012 11:49 AM

Funny how this story just continues to unfold. Despite the Obama administration's best attempts to distance itself from the attack and paint itself in the best light possible the story continues to unravel.

First the attacks was due to a movie - not true. Then the study continued to morph as more revealing information came out: embassy staff requested additional security staff on a number of occasions and were denied, despite the Obama Administration's denials that the requests even occured. Then there is the story that the Obama Administration finally knew of the attacks - weeks later. Then days as more information became available.

Now it appears that CNN (hardly a Romeny-lover) has acquired e-mails that show that the Obama Administration knew within hours of the attack.

This guys is no better than Bush......

Snippet:

Washington (CNN) -- Two hours after first being notified of an attack on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya, a government e-mail to the White House, the State Department and the FBI said an Islamist group had claimed credit, according to a copy obtained by CNN.

An initial e-mail was sent while the attack was still underway, and another that arrived two hours later -- sent from a State Department address to various government agencies including the executive office of the president -- identified Ansar al-Sharia as claiming responsibility for the attack on its Facebook page and on Twitter.

The group denied responsibility the next day.

However, the e-mails raise further questions about the seeming confusion on the part of the Obama administration to determine the nature of the September 11 attack that left U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans dead.

Two White House officials, speaking on condition of not being identified on Wednesday, said the government e-mails about the attack were not an intelligence assessment. They also noted that there was conflicting information about Ansar al-Sharia denying responsibility.

"They were a part of the many different reports we were receiving that day," one of the White House officials said of the e-mails. "There are always multiple and conflicting reports in the initial hours of an attack. That's why you have an investigation."

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton advised reporters to wait until a review panel she appointed to investigate what happened

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/24/us/libya- ... index.html

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-24-2012 01:15 PM

I believe I have posted before altho I have not much in common politically with Hillary I have respected her for her seeming dilligence and always appearing to do her homework.

I see a pattern now - she stood by Bill and she is standing by the President and they both lied and she knew they both lied and still stood by them.

Now I get the marriage and the family is so very personal - what I don't get is her seeming allegiance to this President - then again I ask myself - so what would I do in the same spot. I know I would have lobbied for the truth to come out but then that means it would have sent the President's re-election in to a tail spin - so you keep quiet until it's all over and you are out as Secretary of State and then write your book?

:confused:
A man's character is his fate

Riddick
Pirate

Hurry up and wait!

Post by Riddick » 10-24-2012 01:28 PM

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton advised reporters to wait until a review panel she appointed to investigate what happened
Yes, we're getting to the bottom of this, I've appointed a review panel, they'll investigate it.

The reporting was fluid! The attack was complex! We're looking at everything, not just postings on Facebook! We want to know what happened just as much as you do!

We're holding ourselves accountable! We'll fix what needs to be fixed! We'll bring the murderers to justice!

What more do you want? How many times do I have to explain this? How much more simply can I put it? GET OFF OUR BACKS.

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-24-2012 02:13 PM

One must remember she is good at stonewalling.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 10-24-2012 02:20 PM

I hate to sound like a whiner but if this was a Republican prez there would be a hundred satellite dish trucks sitting on Penn Ave waiting for the Prez to step down before the impeachment.

But in this case nobody stole anything from a hotel and lied about it. 4 people died and they lied about it. I GUESS THATS NOT AS BAD!
:realmad:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 10-24-2012 02:21 PM

Hell in a handbasket I tell ya!

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 10-24-2012 03:42 PM

Can you imagine if this were a Republican President and HIS Secretary of State - the MSM would be camped on his/her doorstep.

Remember Ken Starr and how he was hounded by the MSM?

Suddenly when one thinks back it all fits now.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 10-24-2012 03:45 PM

Ben -- indeed - if it was a GOP in office right now and did the same-- we know what would happen.

Long time to go after the coverups - just like the 'apology' tour but this time - far far far worse.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-24-2012 06:01 PM

I agree, if this was a GOP Administration the treatment wold be much different. Not a fan of Bush43/ Cheney by a long shot, but, being honest, where's the MSM? Fox (I know.......) ran breakdown of the media coverage. Fox ran 31 days of coverage compared to ABCs 10 days. CBS and NBC were slightly better than ABC. It's sad he lengths that the media is going to to cover for this president. The Left used to howl about Fox (with good reason, btw) So, where's the outrage with the MSM and with this WH?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-24-2012 06:22 PM

kbot wrote: So, where's the outrage with the MSM and with this WH?
It's in deep hibernation, and only comes out of the cave when a Republican becomes President.

Ain't nature wonderful?

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-24-2012 06:25 PM

Riddick wrote: It's in deep hibernation, and only comes out of the cave when a Republican becomes President.

Ain't nature wonderful?

So, where's Goebbels?

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 10-24-2012 06:37 PM

kbot wrote: So, where's Goebbels?
He's waiting in the wings, hoping to get the job of Democratic Party chairman in an Obama second term.

Good luck with that - Just 'cause he has prior experience and name recognition, that doesn't mean he has what it takes to work for the BIG boys!

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 10-24-2012 08:08 PM

Riddick wrote: He's waiting in the wings, hoping to get the job of Democratic Party chairman in an Obama second term.

Good luck with that - Just 'cause he has prior experience and name recognition, that doesn't mean he has what it takes to work for the BIG boys!

Gotta love the corporate media..... Sometimes you look at the anchors and you can tell that even they don't believe what they're reading.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 10-24-2012 09:11 PM

All this crap is so" bizzaro"!:eek: It does seem to prove to me, anyway, that reincarnation is a fact and all the evil has returned. I can hardly believe my "Liyin Eyes" anymore!:lolchimp:

This a hysterical chimp

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 10-24-2012 09:41 PM

Free phones.

We're screwed. The 51 percent will not be happy until they bleed us working class dry.

4 more years.:confused:

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”