Our "North Korean Allies"

Moderator: Super Moderators

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 11-28-2010 01:47 AM

And then, there are some of us who admire both Sarah Palin and Barack Obama - and embrace them with affection even. They are uniquely American, and both taking full advantage of whatever opportunities present themselves. My main concern with Sarah Palin was she was deliberately stoking anger and potential violence among some of the more violent anti-govt types in this country. It seems she has recognized the danger of this, and has modified her behaviors along these lines.

I do not understand the 'hardening' of the right/left, the stoking of hatred and divisiveness in this country. That is the clear and present danger that I fear.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 11-28-2010 01:48 AM

Raggedyann wrote: If you right wingers love and support her then then be happy with your Sarah.

"you right wingers"?

Whom are you referring to? Disagreeing with the treatment of Sarah Palin does not make one a right winger, nor does it mean one even supports Sarah Palin.

The quoted bit above brings me to something else, I think it is interesting that nearly every time someone feels the need to speak out about this, they also feel the need to qualify that they do not support Sarah Palin, or agree with what she believes in. I've seen it happen before with other notable public persons, but never to the extent it happens with Palin - and no, I don't believe it is because she is so far 'out there' that one would never want to be associated with the idea of being a supporter of hers. I think it more likely speaks to a desire to defend ones-self against dealing with the level of scorn and the undercurrent of poisonous venom directed towards her.
Last edited by Kaztronic on 11-28-2010 02:00 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-28-2010 02:52 AM

If somebody here has a difference of opinion with you or HB3, then it's not considered serious intellectual thought but just "poisonous venom" or "This conversation is getting very strange again. The impassioned detractors are suffering from their own delusions".

Flat out insults! So please spare me the indignant reaction to my comments as to how I perceive your opinions.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 11-28-2010 05:19 AM

Live365 wrote: Reading the thread, I am absolutely horrified by the comments of Cynthia Lynn and Raggedyann. I am no defender of Sarah Palin or her reality-TV daughters, but this is more than I can bear. How, in the most desperate of ways, do you defend one "slip of the tongue" and condemn the other?? Is this a joke? Seriously. Is this a joke?

Should you care to respond, I will read it happily in the morning. But right now, I am horrified by your....filters. It's been a long time since I've seen such flagrant bias, I have to tell you.

Yes, I do care to respond.

Frankly, I should have deleted the few words I did type and I should have moved on.

That's what I normally do here in P & G when I read something so outlandish that it stretches all credulity.

Do I really need to spell it out?

Okay, I will.

Sarah Palin simply does not have the intellectual curiosity or the depth of knowledge that President Obama possesses, and to pretend otherwise is simply to betray one's own lack of educational background and judiciousness.

Period.

Cynthia Lynn
Pirate

Post by Cynthia Lynn » 11-28-2010 05:35 AM

Linnea wrote: And then, there are some of us who admire both Sarah Palin and Barack Obama - and embrace them with affection even. They are uniquely American, and both taking full advantage of whatever opportunities present themselves. My main concern with Sarah Palin was she was deliberately stoking anger and potential violence among some of the more violent anti-govt types in this country. It seems she has recognized the danger of this, and has modified her behaviors along these lines.

I do not understand the 'hardening' of the right/left, the stoking of hatred and divisiveness in this country. That is the clear and present danger that I fear.

I agree, Linnea.

I don't question Palin's love of country, and I do believe she possesses a rare, innate gift for politics.

However, her ability to divide the electorate (in combination with her appalling lack of knowledge ) is frightening, and as you stated, quite dangerous.

Bellisima
Pirate

Post by Bellisima » 11-28-2010 11:25 AM

I sincerely regret having started this thread after reading a news release which struck me as mildly amusing.

My suggestion is for Linnea to delete the thread. My plan is to follow my own signature line and stop posting.
ImageA silent mouth is sweet to hear.
Irish saying

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 11-28-2010 12:26 PM

What we have here is a total division of Dem vs Gop. Some are so caught up in their angst that no matter what, they would literally hate (dislike) anyone from the opposing political party. Totally illogical. Then we have those of us who lean more toward one party than the other, but who find pro's and con's in either.

What I find when reading this is the total vehemence and inability to recognize their own ludicrousness in accepting a 'slip of the tongue' comment. Obama did his 57 states, Palin did the North Korea - both slip of the tongue yet some people will simply refuse to acknowledge that people do so at times. Excusing one over the other simply due to a personal political animosity? Get real! We are all humans and we all have done so whether we admit it or not.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-28-2010 01:26 PM

I keep hearing about Obama's stunning genius, but have yet to see any examples of it. Gee, might that be a "media creation" too? And Palin's the one who's dividing the electorate? You've gotta be kidding. I stand by my comment about delusions.
Last edited by HB3 on 11-28-2010 01:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-28-2010 01:29 PM

Bellisima wrote: I sincerely regret having started this thread after reading a news release which struck me as mildly amusing.

My suggestion is for Linnea to delete the thread. My plan is to follow my own signature line and stop posting.

Well, that's no fun.

But it's amazing what can happen when you post something you find mildly amusing, isn't it?

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-28-2010 01:37 PM

Raggedyann wrote: If somebody here has a difference of opinion with you or HB3, then it's not considered serious intellectual thought but just "poisonous venom" or "This conversation is getting very strange again. The impassioned detractors are suffering from their own delusions".

Flat out insults! So please spare me the indignant reaction to my comments as to how I perceive your opinions.

Well, RA, it seems to me you don't respond to points, you just keep moving the ball. That's what I meant by strange. You seem most motivated by "winning" an argument. Any point I raise, you simply move the debate somewhere else. It's easy to become exasperated, but I'm sorry.

OMG
Pirate

Post by OMG » 11-28-2010 02:24 PM

Raggedyann wrote: If somebody here has a difference of opinion with you or HB3, then it's not considered serious intellectual thought but just "poisonous venom" or "This conversation is getting very strange again. The impassioned detractors are suffering from their own delusions".
You noticed that as well, hell I know if you want to bring up that somebody did what most people would consider racist (because you know they say something racist) or that involve in race baiting (which has been confirmed that's done in the Repub party for decades, and been confirmed by insiders in the party during the time) then it's spun here by some as saying "If you didn't vote for the current Prez you are a racist" or if you don't agree with everything it's because you are racist,which is somethingthat never been said by me,or most people I know. BTW Don't you dare feel bad for starting this thread BELLIS, there are people here who are the loudest to claim that are being silenced are the people who are doing that (and has done that) to others on here. Kind of a Palin personality trait.

Could at all be possible for the negative reaction to her is because she truly is a horrible human being? That nobody has come out with such venom and hate as their appeal, people who followed this genre of politics have said in history we never saw somebody who gleefully wants to spread hate and embrace the most extreme of her followers. I personally can't find a single redeeming quality of her anywhere, politically, morally, intellectually and personally. Everybody has faults, politicians all have faults, NOBODY I've ever seen is politics is as faulty as her. In my mind she is the first true Conserv talk radio candidate, and I don't respect the people in that industry who gets paid and popular for spreading hate and so much of a coward that they stay in their bubble behind their call screener. Who are a hypocrites in ever way they live their lives. She is that.

For me it goes beyond politics, it her the person that leaves people with such disdain. The type of person who whines about privacy of family, but then does a reality show (BTW we heard the same criticism with other reality show family, but when it's dear Sarah, it is unfair political reasons) Or how about her being "oh so angry" that a Lib said the R-word in a slang because "She has a special needs family member and she know words hurt" but when Rush says it in the same context it's okay because it's "satire" (seriously willing to throw her own special needs family member out there just to get attention for faux outrage, or if she was angry, then excusing Rush over her own family because you don't want to anger the Conserv king. Either way a disgusting utilizing a serious health issue for her own gain) Or say that Hillary should "toughen up" because it gets rough out there, but then start complaining herself when it happens to her. Or complaining when somebody says something negative about her yet nothing compares to her venom tongue and snarky personality. Or whine about how the everybody out to get here and unfair, but gets a paycheck from Faux and go on talkradio who have no boundaries on what they say.

As for this issue, of course it's a misspeak, how do I know this? Because she doesn't have an original on the spot thought on any situation. She repeats her talking points in pre-planned interviews. She said herself, she did half a dozen interfomercials (it's nice that she's now stepping up from taking her family issues for attention to now world events) she said her same talking points in all of them. She slipped during Glenn's show (who has called himself a rodeo clown) & people laugh because she's a also a clown. She not like other politicians, she stays in her bubble, won't go out of it, throws darts at other people, but when it happens to her she whines about how unfair it is. There is nothing she's done to deserve respect in any level. So she complains about the media talking about her "allies" & that bias is why she doesn't have respect for them. Yet she is saying this on the likes of Hannity, Glenn & Ingran show (because these guys would NEVER do something like that) I hope & see (as the polls show) that people can see through her "sympathize for me" BS, because her allies misspeak was talked about for a day as mostly a side issue. But the network she works for has this sort of stuff on a loop against the other side.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-28-2010 02:33 PM

Could at all be possible for the negative reaction to her is because she truly is a horrible human being? That nobody has come out with such venom and hate as their appeal, people who followed this genre of politics have said in history we never saw somebody who gleefully wants to spread hate and embrace the most extreme of her followers. I personally can't find a single redeeming quality of her anywhere, politically, morally, intellectually and personally.
Lol. Of course! I mean, that goes without saying. Hitler ain't got nothin' on this broad. Six million Jews? Fuhgeddabout it. Pol Pot? A piker. Mao? What a lightweight.

Gee, I guess our point that maybe these wildly obsessive and exaggerated criticisms are just, oh, I don't know, wildly obsessive and exaggerated, is really hitting the mark, eh?
Last edited by HB3 on 11-28-2010 02:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 11-28-2010 02:45 PM

Here's the image this is creating in people's minds. Again, I'll point out that all this is doing is creating more Palin fans. And that's bad for everyone.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-28-2010 03:34 PM

HB3 wrote: Well, RA, it seems to me you don't respond to points, you just keep moving the ball. That's what I meant by strange. You seem most motivated by "winning" an argument. Any point I raise, you simply move the debate somewhere else. It's easy to become exasperated, but I'm sorry.

I stay on point with most everybody's posts accept yours. Frankly, I don't quite understand what your point is half the time. Simple as that.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 11-28-2010 03:44 PM

As usual OMG, your post has nailed it. :)

Return to “Politics and Government 2010-2013”