LOST ~ The Final Season ~ Destiny Found ~ EPISODE Discussion

Moderator: Super Moderators

Joolz
Pirate

LOST ~ The Final Season ~ Destiny Found ~ EPISODE Discussion

Post by Joolz » 02-02-2010 05:18 AM

:cool: Ahoy all Pirate LOST fans! :cool:

This thread will be for episode discussion throughout the final season of LOST.

We can talk about theories and ideas, but please...

:eek: ~*~ NO SPOILERS!!! ~*~ :eek:

If you spoil me I will be very sad, and will probably never talk to you again (although some might consider that a blessing, eh? LOL). :p

In that light, prior to each episode (probably on the day of, or late on the evening before), I will try to put up a 'marker' post to divide discussion between episodes. This post will consist of the episode title and centric, a generic episode description, a link to the episode promo, if available, and a graphic such as will be at the end of the next post (the first such 'marker' post).

It is my hope that if we utilize this format, no one reading the thread who hasn't yet seen any particular episode will be inadvertently spoiled. When the 'marker' post appears for an episode, readers should know not to go beyond that point if they don't want to be spoiled. Make sense?

We can still post about any previous episodes as well after each 'marker,' of course, but let's do our best to contain new episode discussion to after the 'marker' post.

I will do my best not to forget to put up a 'marker' post each time, but If I do forget, then please make some sort of 'marker' yourself. In this case, feel free to copy the same format or do something else, just please mark the first new episode post in some way before beginning discussion of a new episode.

:) *** THANKS, PIRATES! *** :)
Last edited by Joolz on 02-02-2010 06:08 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-02-2010 05:43 AM

"LA X - Part 1 & Part 2"

Centric: Multi

Written by: Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse

Directed by: Jack Bender

Episode Description: The sixth and final season begins in the aftermath of the H-bomb detonation, as the survivors learn "when" they are.

Promo: LOST Season 6 Promo (***WARNING*** This is ALL *NEW* footage!)
Last edited by Joolz on 02-02-2010 06:51 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-02-2010 06:03 AM

There is also a one-hour special just prior to the season premiere called:

"LOST: Final Chapter"

ABC's Press Release regarding this special reads:
ABC once again invites new and avid "Lost" viewers to take another look at one of the most talked about and critically acclaimed shows. "Lost: Beginning of the End" [Note: they must have changed the title since this press release was issued] will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date - but which current viewers will also find illuminating – in anticipation of the two-hour final season premiere. The special will take a look at the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, the mysteries of the island, its inhabitants, the Oceanic 6, the violent shifts through time on the island and the detonation of the hydrogen bomb. It will also delve into some of the questions that have been answered, and those that still remain a mystery.
TV Guide description:
A series recap focuses on the crash of Oceanic Flight 815, the mysteries of the island and its inhabitants, the survivors who returned to the U.S. (the Oceanic Six), the island's violent time shifts and the H-bomb detonation in May 2009's season finale. The hour reviews questions that have been answered and explores those that haven't.
So, we are getting a one-hour special from 8-9 pm EST & PST (7-8pm CST) and a two-hour season premiere from 9-11pm EST & PST (8-10pm CST). That's THREE HOURS of 'LOST' tonight! :cool:
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-02-2010 03:47 PM

It's LOST DAY!!!

Are we excited yet?

:D :cool: :) :p :) :cool: :D
Image Anchors Aweigh!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 02-02-2010 07:16 PM

Joolz wrote: It's LOST DAY!!!

Are we excited yet?

Absolutely. :D

What a terrific way to supplement a very hectic day! ;) :cool: :)
racehorse

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-03-2010 05:06 AM

Wow... it's been 3 hours since it ended (here)... and my brains are still melting all over the floor! :eek:

I'll be back with some thoughts as soon as I can collect them... ;)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 02-03-2010 11:00 AM

I had to work last night, so all 3 hours are recorded and I can hardly wait to watch them.

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 02-03-2010 03:13 PM

OK...so what the heck?
Two possible endings? I dont get it but what else is new? So, Joolz and whomever else...throw in your two cents worth.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-03-2010 04:48 PM

Hi Saharaka! I'm going to re-watch tonight. There are some lines of dialogue I want to hear again, and a few scenes I want to revisit, before I post my thoughts. I DO definitely have some thoughts and ideas, though!

Hopefully, by the time any of us collect our thoughts enough to actually post something substantial, you will have seen the episode, Starry Night!
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-03-2010 05:04 PM

I read through Doc Jensen's very lengthy meditation on the episode at Entertainment Weekly--full of references to purveyors of physics and philosophy--and gleaned a few things. I forget who Frogurt was.

All I kept thinking of was an old cartoon from Mad or National Lampoon or somesuch, in which someone confronts an elevator full of people that is clearly labelled "UP," with the "UP" arrow brightly shining, and asks, "Is this elevator going up?" And some wiseguy inside says, "No, we're going to fool everybody and go sideways this time."
Anchors Aweigh

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 02-03-2010 05:16 PM

Swerdloc wrote: I forget who Frogurt was.

Neil Frogurt was the rather obnoxious acting character who was the first to be killed in the "flaming arrow" attack from the others in Season Five (which I will review when I have more time). He also was the character telling Kate to not try to get ahead of the line in last night's episode.
Last edited by racehorse on 02-03-2010 05:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-03-2010 06:22 PM

racehorse wrote: Neil Frogurt was the rather obnoxious acting character who was the first to be killed in the "flaming arrow" attack from the others in Season Five (which I will review when I have more time). He also was the character telling Kate to not try to get ahead of the line in last night's episode.

Yes! Frogurt was always very whiny and incredibly annoying! :D
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-03-2010 06:30 PM

Swerdloc wrote: All I kept thinking of was an old cartoon from Mad or National Lampoon or somesuch, in which someone confronts an elevator full of people that is clearly labelled "UP," with the "UP" arrow brightly shining, and asks, "Is this elevator going up?" And some wiseguy inside says, "No, we're going to fool everybody and go sideways this time."

Exactly. This is was I was hinting at back on the other thread (the 'Hiatus' thread) when I said something like: If we've flashed backward and flashed forward, and up and down are pretty much synonymous with backward and forward, what's left? Sideways. Which has to mean parallel dimensions/altermate timelines. They said they were going to introduce a new storytelling device this season, so from that perspective, this made sense to me. It makes sense from a plot perspective, too. But more later after I re-watch tonight!

In the meantime, if you've seen the episode, check out the videos at this link: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=62960

Cuse and Lindelof were on Jimmy Kimmel last night, and it's a great interview (no spoilers unless you haven't seen the premiere). There's a fun third video, too. :D
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 02-03-2010 06:32 PM

Bill, I haven't gotten around to reading Doc Jensen's column about last night's episode yet, but plan to do so later this evening. Did you save a link you could post here? If not, I'll do it when I read it later. He's always fun, often informative, and always thought-provoking. ;)
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Swerdloc
Pirate

Post by Swerdloc » 02-03-2010 07:08 PM

Here's the link to the Jensen analysis:
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,2031346 ... 11,00.html
Anchors Aweigh

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”