Art Bell Hosting Michio Kaku on Sunday Nov. 30,2008

From the Far East ~ Art Bell!

Moderator: Super Moderators

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 12-01-2008 02:05 PM

Conspiracy Theorist wrote:
I did not know he was an Obama supporter. In his old political days, he was quite right-wing, although his views gradually changed over the years. But, this is a major change for him.

Art was more right wing than me. This is a major change for him. :(

Nevertheless, I will always love him and he knows that. :)
racehorse

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 12-01-2008 07:37 PM

racehorse wrote: Art was more right wing than me. This is a major change for him. :(

Nevertheless, I will always love him and he knows that. :)
He married Ramona back in 1991 and she had nearly 15 years to work on him. :D She was anything but a conservative.

Back when he was doing the LV show and then when he did the more political show in the early 90s he was a conservative. But the world has changed and so has Art.

Having a child also changes some people. He probably wishes for his daughter to grow up in a less frightening world. He used to be far more into the doom and gloom scenarios, and now I note a more hopeful and slightly fearful reaction to those scenarios. He has a beautiful reason to be hopeful of the future and it is reflected now in his politics.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-01-2008 08:15 PM

He married Ramona back in 1991 and she had nearly 15 years to work on him. She was anything but a conservative

With all due respect PW Art is his own man and doubt very much that Ramona as you put it worked on him..

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 12-01-2008 09:08 PM

Shirleypal wrote: With all due respect PW Art is his own man and doubt very much that Ramona as you put it worked on him..

Ramona was hugely influential in Art's life in a number of areas, SP. Doesn't make him less of "his own man". Simply means as close as those two were, she had great influence in small day to day ways and in his thinking about all sorts of things. Art would not be where he is today without Ramona and he would be the first to say that, I am sure.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

tpete
Pirate

Post by tpete » 12-02-2008 01:41 PM

I'm on the East Coast (1am show start time). I made some coffee around 12:15am Monday morning, turned on the radio at 12:30am, and fell asleep around 12:50am. I missed the whole show.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 12-02-2008 04:01 PM

Art has been a died in the wool Libertarian for as long as I can rememver, and yes he was a Bush supporter. I'm thrilled he's supporting Obama. :)

Is there anywhere we can access a replay of this show online without paying/joining?
We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-02-2008 05:05 PM

tpete wrote: I'm on the East Coast (1am show start time). I made some coffee around 12:15am Monday morning, turned on the radio at 12:30am, and fell asleep around 12:50am. I missed the whole show.

If I listen in bed I fall asleep also, so I sit up at my PC all night..I didn't get tired until the morning when I had to force myself to wake up and go to work.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 12-02-2008 06:01 PM

Art stated he had voted for John Kerry in 2004 and I never heard him declare he was a Bush supporter.

Just to keep the record straight. Let's deal with facts here.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 12-02-2008 06:19 PM

Linnea wrote: Art stated he had voted for John Kerry in 2004 and I never heard him declare he was a Bush supporter.

Just to keep the record straight. Let's deal with facts here.

Agreed Linnea, it just so happens that I listened to Art's return show from Feb. 2001 the other night just after Bush took office, and he wasn't happy at all with that election it made it obvious he did not support Bush or the Republican party.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 12-02-2008 06:38 PM

Art was a strong Republican during the Reagan years and supported and praised President Reagan at every opportunity. He did not like George Herbert Walker Bush and it was during this time that his Politics started to change and he first became a Libertarian. He also did not like or trust Bill Clinton and was in favor of removing him from office during the Impeachment proceedings. His support for Harry Browne and the Libertarians was also very strong during the Clinton years.

In 2000, he expressed some support for John McCain during the GOP Primaries but did not endorse him and supported the Libertarians once again in the 2000 General Election. In 2004, Art admitted on the air that he liked George W. Bush but supported John Kerry because of the Nuclear Disposal issue concerning Yucca Mountain near him. I never heard him express support for the Libertarians again after this.

Last year he stated that he was "still a "Conservative" but within a few months was supporting Barack Obama and the Democratic party agenda. Obviously there was a change which delights many Pirates and concerns a few of us with Art's Politics. Even so, Art remains the Greatest Radio Talk Host ever and is always "Mysterious and Reassuring".
Last edited by racehorse on 12-02-2008 07:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Return to “Art Bell/The New Frontier”