Dems Reach Delegate Agreement

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 05-31-2008 09:55 PM

I love all these people who are now commenting they are switching parties because Obama got an extra four delegates that he probably doesn't even need.

Okay, so you are a 20 year loyal liberal democrat, now all of a sudden you are going to be a socially conservative republican sitting at the same table, with Pat Roberston, and Hagee?

These Clinton supporters are idiots.
"I don't like the Hussein thing. I have had enough of Hussein." -female Clinton supporter.

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 05-31-2008 10:00 PM

Now these deranged idiots are plotting riots at DNC.

And he warns that Clinton supporters will not go away quietly: "There will be some type of citizen-oriented action to try and affect change within the convention. From our perspective calls to get out of the race are unfounded and absolutely undemocratic. Abraham Lincoln was nominated after the third ballot, and FDR after the fifth ballot."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/139571

Last edited by Bluespark on 05-31-2008 10:03 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't like the Hussein thing. I have had enough of Hussein." -female Clinton supporter.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 10:01 PM

Well, you know, they created and encouraged the system of identity politics now dominating the Democratic Party -- they thought to their own benefit. So of course they're outraged.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 10:05 PM

So I guess the VP slot's out, huh....

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-31-2008 10:10 PM

tiffany wrote: Well listen to this Hillary supporter it's all over the media...

"a inadequate black male"
"G*d Damn the Democrats"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACQuZVAE3s

Blah, I've changed my mind, I wont even say it.
Last edited by Kaztronic on 05-31-2008 10:18 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 10:18 PM

Yeah, no kidding. Get ready for a lot more of this...

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 05-31-2008 10:35 PM

Kaztronic wrote: Blah, I've changed my mind, I wont even say it.

You already did Kaz, and people already saw it.

You are sick and twisted person, attacking Tiffany like that.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-01-2008 10:40 AM

tiffany wrote: HB I posted a new thread while you were posting this here...I can't delete mine.

showthread.php?s=&threadid=34211
Tiff, yours was posted after HB3's so I am deleting it.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 06-01-2008 11:50 AM

It will be a continued fight -- which is sad to see as it is not just tearing apart the DEM party, but all the people who are watching this.

Sad to say whether its racial or gender, there will be more to come. Then we throw in the religious angles and it gets worse.

Sam.I'm.Not
Pirate

Post by Sam.I'm.Not » 06-01-2008 12:53 PM

As people clame that they are going to McCain now what did the Republicans do with there delagets form FL and MI for braking party ruless. They cut the delagets seated in half. In FL no mater what you are getting 50% repersantaion now MI is a whole difrent matter. I realy wish Hillary had not thought early on that small states votes did not matter and only the votes of big states count we could have avoied this mess. I am braking my pledge beouse Hillary saportes are saying somthing was taken form her she miss managed the first half of her campain not one took it from her she gave it away.
Life is short drink good coffee.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 06-01-2008 03:37 PM

Cherry Kelly wrote: It will be a continued fight -- which is sad to see as it is not just tearing apart the DEM party, but all the people who are watching this.

CK, I think you are 100% correct in this regard. The emotional level of this primary campaign is echoing that of the protracted fight over Florida in 2000.

It is fairly obvious that many of us strongly support and believe in our candidates. While we may not understand why others do not see what we see, we can at least relate to the passion each of us feel. I look at Obama, and I just don't see it the same way that others do. Many here look at Hillary and they see plenty, and they don't necessarily like what they see (and I understand that). This has naturally drawn us in to many "spirited" (that is a diplomatic way of putting it ;) ) discussions about the merits of each candidate. These "discussions" have been protracted, and fairly repetitive, mirroring the nomination process. And as the nomination process has moved inexorably towards the boiling point, our "discussions" have likewise become increasingly heated - and it has, at least temporarily caused rifts between otherwise respectful relationships. Hopefully those rifts will heal after this nomination process is wrapped up.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 06-01-2008 04:13 PM

Bluespark wrote: You already did Kaz, and people already saw it.

You are sick and twisted person, attacking Tiffany like that.

Actually, my "attack" was split between you and Tiff.

See, it was pointed out by another member that Obama's supporters were unlikely to have been sitting on their hands throughout this process while the Clinton supporters have been full of hate, trying to tear apart the party. Once again Tiffany, who claims to be so offended by people throwing out claims of racism, made the not so subtle connection between racists and Hillary Clinton's supporters.

I pointed out (in no uncertain terms, as the claim was absurd) that it is ridiculous to say that there is "no comparison". Just read the threads in this forum, and just read the posts in this very thread.

See, the problem for her with this argument is that you are standing right behind her. And quite predictably, suddenly your mouth opens and out spews forth a never ending stream of vile, hateful rhetoric and garbage.

Bluespark, you are probably the last person on this ship that Tiff wants defending her, as I imagine is the case with all Obama supporters here who speak of "change", "hope" and most importantly as we head towards the general election, "UNITY".

You represent the polar OPPOSITE of all that Barack Obama and his supporters claim to stand for. You detract from their argument that their's is not a campaign of anger and hostility towards Clinton's equally passionate supporters. You detract from their claims that Hillary Clinton and her supporters are not "bashed" on this forum. You ultimately represent an ugly reality of what Hillary Clinton and her supporters have had to listen to during this primary season. Outside of the Fantastic Forum, yours is not an isolated voice. That said, with the exception of you, I do believe that many Obama supporters here such as Setislady do indeed hold to the stated values of "Hope", "Change", and "UNITY".

Almost by yourself, you make it exceedingly difficult for the Clinton supporters here at the FF to want to switch over to Barack Obama if he indeed wins the nomination. I know that I never want to find myself standing in concert with some one like you. When this is all over with finally, the easy decision is based upon emotion when it comes to deciding what to do in a general election. That is reality. It is far more difficult to sit back, and get the emotion out of the system, to check one's anger, and to make a decision to support someone you have stood opposed to for months. Listening to you only makes it harder.

Bluespark, you claim to support Obama yet stand starkly opposed to everything that he and his supporters believe in, stand for, and genuinely wish to achieve.

What is that old saying, "with friends like these....."?

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-01-2008 04:17 PM

SETIsLady wrote: Tiff, yours was posted after HB3's so I am deleting it.

Thanks Linda as I could not delete it.

When I was posting I was not aware that it had been posted here. I think it should have had it's own thread that's why I posted it there but that's fine just so it's posted.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 06-01-2008 04:22 PM

Kaztronic wrote: Actually, my "attack" was split between you and Tiff.

Once again Tiffany, who claims to be so offended by people throwing out claims of racism, made the not so subtle connection between racists and Hillary Clinton's supporters.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU ACCUSING ME OF TERRIBLE THINGS THAT ARE LIES. YOU ROTTEN LITTLE CREEP!

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 06-01-2008 04:28 PM

tiffany wrote: I AM SICK AND TIRED OF YOU ACCUSING ME OF TERRIBLE THINGS THAT ARE LIES. YOU ROTTEN LITTLE CREEP!

Unfortunately for you, all of your posts are in the archives and readily available for anyone to read them.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”