Dems Reach Delegate Agreement

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 05-31-2008 09:19 PM

More lunacy from these bizarre Hildebeast supporters:

"What Howard Dean Is Doing Now At the DNC is Worse Than Slavery"

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2008/ ... 789/526019
"I don't like the Hussein thing. I have had enough of Hussein." -female Clinton supporter.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2008 09:19 PM

HB3 wrote: And the Obama supporters were models of behavior.

No comparison.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 09:20 PM

tiffany wrote: No comparison.

I find that exceedingly hard to believe.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2008 09:21 PM

HB3 wrote: I find that exceedingly hard to believe.

Did you watch it all day?

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 09:22 PM

Now why would I do such a crazy thing?

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 09:24 PM

I'm sure all the Obama supporters sat patiently with their hands in their laps and didn't say a thing.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2008 09:29 PM

HB3 wrote: Now why would I do such a crazy thing?

cuse me but are you implying that I am ________............

I've been ill today so watched it all day........

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 09:31 PM

Hillary Clinton to be offered dignified exit
By Tim Shipman in Washington

Last Updated: 2:07AM BST 01/06/2008

Hillary Clinton will be offered a dignified exit from the presidential race and the prospect of a place in Barack Obama's cabinet under plans for a "negotiated surrender" of her White House ambitions being drawn up by Senator Obama's aides.

Hillary, with husband Bill and daughter Chelsea, once looked a winner. Now with defeat looming, there are talks over a dignified endgame
The former First Lady would get the chance to pilot Mr Obama’s reforms of the American healthcare system if she agrees to clear the path to his nomination as Democratic presidential candidate.

Senior figures in the Obama camp have told Democrat colleagues that the offer to Mrs Clinton of a cabinet post as health secretary or to steer new legislation through the Senate will be a central element of their peace overtures to the New York senator.

Mr Obama said on Thursday that he believed he would have secured the support of enough delegates to make him the standard bearer of his party in November’s presidential election by the end of this week.

After today’s primary election in Puerto Rico and Tuesday’s final contests in Montana and South Dakota, the remaining super-delegates will come under huge pressure from fellow party grandees to declare their hands.

The Obama camp, however, remains nervous about Mrs Clinton’s intentions and ambitions, and is preparing a face-saving package that will allow her to continue to play a role in health care reform, which has been her signature issue for more than a decade. Despite pressure from some Clinton allies, Mr Obama and his advisers do not wish to ask her to be his vice-presidential running mate. “They will talk to her,” one Democrat strategist close to senior figures in the Obama camp told The Sunday Telegraph. “They will give her the respect she deserves. She will get something to do with health care, a cabinet post or the chance to lead the legislation through the Senate.”

Another Democrat who has discussed strategy with friends in the Obama inner circle said that Mr Obama was openly considering asking Mrs Clinton to join his cabinet, alongside two other former presidential rivals: John Edwards, who is seen as a likely attorney general; and Joe Biden, who is a leading contender to become Secretary of State.

Mr Obama hinted at the plan last week. “One of my heroes is Abraham Lincoln,” he said. “Lincoln basically pulled in all the people who had been running against him into his cabinet because whatever personal feelings there were, the issue was 'how can we get this country through this time of crisis?’ And I think that has to be the approach that one takes.”

Informal talks have already begun between Obama and Clinton fundraisers to discuss a merger, enabling Mr Obama to pay off Mrs Clinton’s campaign debts of $11?million (£5.6?million). The third element of a peace deal was being worked out last night as Mr Obama’s allies tried to arrange a compromise over the delegates from Florida and Michigan — states which Mrs Clinton won but which were stripped of their voting rights after moving election dates in breach of party rules.

Hundreds of Clinton supporters, mostly women, gathered in Washington yesterday to protest at what they saw as an injustice, as the Democratic Party’s “rules and bylaws committee” worked on a way of ending the controversy.

Delegates are likely to be awarded in proportion with the votes cast, but in only half the numbers originally intended, a move that would help Mrs Clinton save face but would not challenge Mr Obama’s delegate lead. “Hillary will get a win, but a small win,” said the first Democrat strategist.

Tentative contacts have already taken place between Obama and Clinton aides over the endgame, but there have been no formal talks. Mrs Clinton’s aides, while acknowledging that she will have to abandon her White House dream, do not feel they are in a position to negotiate on her behalf. “She has not surrendered in her own mind yet and until she does it’s very difficult to have these conversations,” the second strategist said.

Dee Dee Myers, the former press secretary to President Clinton, said: “It seems clear to me from watching her, and talking to people, that she doesn’t really know what she wants.” But after 17 months of campaigning, and $150? million (£76?million) spent, the question that haunts the Clinton camp is: how did someone who a year ago had unrivalled name recognition, a legendary campaign organisation and more money than her opponent contrive to throw it all away?

The answers come down to wrong message, wrong tactics, complacency, character – and, ultimately, the opponent. Even Clinton aides agree that she wrongly sold herself as a candidate of experience, when voters yearned for Barack Obama’s message of change. Her campaign machine then failed to win January’s crucial opening Iowa caucuses, handing lethal momentum to Mr Obama.

Her staff mistakenly believed they could knock her rival out by “Super Tuesday” on February 5, when 22 states voted. When that did not happen, she had neither the resources nor the organisation to compete in the succession of caucuses that followed, allowing Mr Obama to build the delegate lead he maintains to this day.

Mark Mellman, a Democratic pollster not affiliated to either camp, told The Sunday Telegraph: “We have known for two years that Democrats and voters in general are much more interested in change. Yet for reasons that are inexplicable, the Clinton campaign chose to be on the short end of that message stick.”

Backed into a corner, Mrs Clinton responded with increasingly outlandish claims about her qualifications, including a ludicrous statement that she had braved sniper fire on a trip to Bosnia.

That, plus her subsequent insistence that she had merely “mis-spoken” rather than admitting she had got her facts wrong, raised new issues about her character.

In any case, Mr Mellman believes the decisive factor in her defeat was the one she couldn’t control. “The most important thing was that she
was up against Barack Obama. He is enormously talented.”

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2008 09:36 PM

HB I posted a new thread while you were posting this here...I can't delete mine.

showthread.php?s=&threadid=34211

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 09:36 PM

tiffany wrote: cuse me but are you implying that I am ________............

No, but you're ellipses are even longer than mine....

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-31-2008 09:37 PM

"McCain will be the next president":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KACQuZVA ... president/

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 05-31-2008 09:37 PM

Jesus these crazed Hildebeast supporters are fanatical......

Security officers forcibly removed several hecklers, including 62-year-old school teacher Debra Foster of Long Island, N.Y., who showed off bruises on her arm that she said were left from the officer’s grip.

“I was chanting, ‘Denver!’ because that is the next place,” she said. “We’ll be chanting: ‘Madam President, or else!’”

“I’ve been voting Democratic for 40 years, and I end up with a bruise and a really sad heart, that I don’t recognize my party anymore,” Foster said, crying.
"I don't like the Hussein thing. I have had enough of Hussein." -female Clinton supporter.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2008 09:37 PM

HB3 wrote: No, but you're ellipses are even longer than mine....

I like elipses...................................:p

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-31-2008 09:39 PM

Bluespark wrote: Jesus these crazed Hildebeast supporters are fanatical......

Security officers forcibly removed several hecklers, including 62-year-old school teacher Debra Foster of Long Island, N.Y., who showed off bruises on her arm that she said were left from the officer’s grip.

“I was chanting, ‘Denver!’ because that is the next place,” she said. “We’ll be chanting: ‘Madam President, or else!’”

“I’ve been voting Democratic for 40 years, and I end up with a bruise and a really sad heart, that I don’t recognize my party anymore,” Foster said, crying.

Pretty loud today.

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 05-31-2008 09:44 PM

Wow, they keep getting more hysterical......

She was also mad at House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the San Francisco Democrat whom she suspects is an Obama supporter, for not speaking out against the misogyny she thinks Clinton suffered. It felt as though women were letting down women.

"What will I tell my daughter?" she asked, beads of sweat from the Washington humidity trickling down her face, colliding with a couple of tears.

"I'm about ready to kick you guys down the street," one woman from Minnesota said when approached by a reporter.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”