Passed Extra Class!

Ham Radio/SW DXing. Get involved! Let's take back America's Radio Waves! What's going on in ham radio in America...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Boomer Geezer
ORR Co-Mod and Google Champ

Passed Extra Class!

Post by Boomer Geezer » 06-07-2003 02:22 PM

As of 0913HRS on 07JUN03 at DeVry in Phoenix, AZ, I passed the Amateur Extra exam!! :D Whew!

OK, gloating over. :rolleyes:

Linnea, I have to publicly thank you for that e-mail last night wishing me luck and sending those good vibes my way. I really appreciated that -- I believe it made a lot of difference in keeping me calm, as I am not one who takes exams easily.

Now, I have to come up with a good stealth antenna, or two, and get out on HF to do some serious CW work.

I'll also have the free time to get out here on FF more often, as I won't have to sit here with my nose in the license manual, or taking those computerized tests ... although I've been thinking of taking the professional Radiotelephone tests (GROL) ... why, I don't know. For the hell of it I guess LOL. Geezers do crazy things, I suppose.

vy 73, everyone, and catch y'all in the ORR.

John
Diagnosed 11/2005 Stage IV Adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophogeal junction: Now in partial remission. Thank you all for your prayers and wishes.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
BUD: "Hippy, you think everything's a conspiracy!"
HIPPY: "Everything is!!"
"I didn't lie: I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation." -- Fox Mulder

Linnea

Congratulations John!!!

Post by Linnea » 06-07-2003 02:41 PM

:D:D:D

FANTASTIC!!! I knew you could do it! {{now...just forget about that radiotelephone test for a bit!!! Relax! and Bask! :rolleyes:}}

We're 2 for 2 for Fantastic Forum Hams today! Gwen is now a Ham. Passed her Tech today... at DeVry :) !!!

I'm working on some callsign logos ... here's a sample for you, Boomer Geezer...

Gwen
Pirate

Post by Gwen » 06-07-2003 04:14 PM

Wow, congratulations, John:cool: I took my Tech test at DeVry this morning..I was done and out of there at 8:15. I was there waiting for the door to open. The hardest part of the morning was finding the library there. I am going to start on the general written before I try CW..I love to keep active and show the youngsters I still can work the brain cells, though I doubt I will ever get to Extra status. Mega Kudos to you!!!

~73~

Boomer Geezer
ORR Co-Mod and Google Champ

Post by Boomer Geezer » 06-07-2003 06:23 PM

Holy Smokes, Gwen, CONGRATS! And you were there too? Shoot, by 8:15 I was still sitting there waiting for David (N7TWT) to call me up there so I could get started -- I was one of the last ones to sign in. It took them longer to grade the exam that it took for me to take it. On QRZ.com, when I was taking the online tests, I usually finished them in about 15 minutes or so (when I would do HamExamster or Ham Academy on the computer offline here, it took about as long) -- didn't take much longer today.

That settles it! -- we gotta wear t-shirts, caps, or something with our calls on 'em and a "secret FF/Midnight Hams logo" on 'em, so we can spot each other. Maybe some kind of cryptic "Things that go Pahrump in Phoenix" saying, or something like "KNYE - Area 51's Official Radio Station". LOL

Of course you left too soon for the obligatory visit next door to HRO. I had to go there and lust after what I couldn't have, and what I could do with it if I had it LOL!!

Well, sorry I didn't know who you were. Are you planning to go to any of the club meetings out here (WVARC, ARA, Thunderbird, etc?). You'll have to get on some of the repeaters out here. I usually check into the West Valley morning net (147.300) as Mobile/Short Time as I'm usually on my way to work and/or sitting in the parking lot killing time before I have to go in. There's also a morning "Coffee Clatch Net" at 7AM -- I'll have to check the frequency though. Know any other local Hams who are FF-ians?

Chat with you later and catch you on the air. Again, Congratulations! Keep going to EXTRA :)

John
Gwen wrote: Wow, congratulations, John:cool: I took my Tech test at DeVry this morning..I was done and out of there at 8:15. I was there waiting for the door to open. The hardest part of the morning was finding the library there. I am going to start on the general written before I try CW..I love to keep active and show the youngsters I still can work the brain cells, though I doubt I will ever get to Extra status. Mega Kudos to you!!!

~73~
Last edited by Boomer Geezer on 06-07-2003 06:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Diagnosed 11/2005 Stage IV Adenocarcinoma of the gastroesophogeal junction: Now in partial remission. Thank you all for your prayers and wishes.
BUD: "Hippy, you think everything's a conspiracy!"
HIPPY: "Everything is!!"
"I didn't lie: I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation." -- Fox Mulder

Return to “Ham Radio/DXing”