you rock ian

Saturday Host on Coast to Coast AM!

Moderator: Super Moderators

teresius
Pirate

both parents?

Post by teresius » 09-26-2006 01:46 PM

jeez, man! were you always on verbal tip-toe? concerning english, were they very strict? my mother and father are both from the south, so i had to learn english on my own ;)

teresius
Pirate

Post by teresius » 09-26-2006 02:16 PM

i know you think it's a dead horse. please keep in mind that where i live, i have absolutely no one to discuss this show with so i've been storing this up for quite a while. maybe when i'm done venting, i won't be quite as acerbic. we'll see.

Neamhain
Pirate

Post by Neamhain » 09-27-2006 06:51 AM

Nah teresius, I'm not always on verbal tip toe but I promise I will keep the virtual red pen in check. ;) You are obviously well versed in C2C topics and the hosts and we actually agree on quite a bit in spite of some Noory opinions. Sure, I do chuckle at a lot of his goofball comments. However, I've been a bit disheartened by the scope of the George bashing on these forums. Ok, so I've dished out some Art smack myself. :D

Ah, an acerbic autioneer! Cool! :D What types of auctions do you call? I used to love going to cattle auctions way back when. (Don't ask, LOL) My parents were not strict but they are a great influence in the area of grammar and such.

Feel free to vent. My closest C2C compatriot is way out in CA. We can only bitch on the phone. :D
Cuimhnich air na daoine o

Nemo me impune lacesset

teresius
Pirate

acerbic auctioneer

Post by teresius » 09-27-2006 04:54 PM

alliteration are awesome :D
i call bids on just about anything (legal). i don't do cattle because i don't have a vet on staff. i've sold some pretty strange stuff; egyptian bongs, cooling tables from morgues, nazi bullets and other memorabilia, just all kinds of stuff. right now we're stuck in a rut and it seems all of our sellers have the same polystone crap (eagles, indians, bears, wolves, etx), but i'm working on it. really great job. i get paid for yelling and, often, making fun of people. plus, it keeps me out of corporate america, which is a big plus. i've had all kinds of jobs (some stranger than others), but have finally found my niche. it's a nice feeling. hey, if you get the chance, you should listen to dixie butcher's interview with noory. there's a thread started about "pirate dixie butcher scoops radio interview with noory." there's two links in there, and you'll need the later link. it'll look like a pay site, but go to the bottom and click free, then wait for 60 seconds (you'll see a timer), and then you'll have to decipher a picture to prove you're human, then you do the hokey pokey and turn yourself around and you're there! (it's worth it). i'm sure that there's tons of c2c stuff that we agree on, noory's competence doesn't have to be one of them. i have noticed that it's become kind of trendy to dump on him. i assure you, however, i'm not doing it to fit in, as i've never had any need for that type of crap. i can't stand him, you like him, we'll agree to disagree. no problem. thanks for getting back to me!

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 09-27-2006 06:17 PM

Shew! Neamhain, I'm so glad you're here. Hate to sidetrack Ian's thread a little morer, but I hope you plan on reading George Noory's book, and you have your red pencil out -- I am truly looking forward to the review from an editor who is a fan of the author's, so we can get a more balanced picture in the end.

Neamhain
Pirate

Post by Neamhain » 09-27-2006 06:33 PM

After reading some of the early returns on George's book, I'm scared! (I'm also afraid to plunk down good cabbage for a piece of poop--If it is a piece of poop). :D

If I listen to DB's interview with GN, will I change my mind? LMAO..... Yikes. :p
Cuimhnich air na daoine o

Nemo me impune lacesset

Dixie Butcher
Pirate

Post by Dixie Butcher » 09-27-2006 07:14 PM

L! The interview doesn't give away much re: the book. Neamhain, I cannot in good conscience (sp? & :) ) advise you to pay for that book. You may like it, but if you don't, I don't want to be held responsible for you losing $$. :) Give it a spin from your local library for free before you purchase it, would be my advice. :)

teresius
Pirate

Post by teresius » 09-28-2006 07:01 AM

neamhain, i don't want to bias you, but i'm still not fully recovered. bust a gut, doubled-up, writhing on the floor, hours of fun for the whole family extravaganza (no bias, really)!

Return to “Ian Punnett/Saturday Host”