Vampires

Discussion of unexplained phenomena, Crop Circles, OBEs, NDEs, ESP, remote viewing, ghosts, unusual coincidence, pre-cognition, group consciousness...

Moderator: Super Moderators

Vampires

Post by Guest » 07-16-2002 05:57 PM

Since last night while listening to Noory and his guest Right Reverend Sean Manchester; O.S.G., I thought it best to expound on what I know about Vampires. I have read several books regarding these creatures, some of which include "Dracula" by Bram Stoker, "'Salem's Lot" by Stephen King and The Vampire Chronicles by Ann Rice.

Here are the facts as I know them:

1. A Vampire is a humanoid entity which rises from the grave at night to seek out the living and suck their blood to sustain their unholy existance.
2. A Vampire casts no reflection in a mirror or in water and casts no shadow.
3. A Vampire must return to its coffin before sunrise or the rays of the Sun will destroy it.
3(a). If the Vampire is not in it's native country, it must bring with it some soil from it's native country to spread on the inside of the coffin.
4. A Vampire has the power to change itself into a bat, a wolf or appear as dust motes in the moonlight.
5. A Vampire has limited powers over animals. It can control wolves, bats and rats.
6. Holy Water has the effect of Sulfuric Acid on Vampires.
7. Vampires can not stand against holy symbols and can be driven away by them. However, it also helps to have a strong faith. Image Garlic also has the power to keep Vampires at bay.
8. The victim of a Vampire will waste away as he or she is slowly drained of blood until the victim dies and then rises as a Vampire itself.
8(a). In certain works of Literature, the victim of a vampire can rise as a vampire themselves only if the vampire bestows what is commonly referred to as "The Dark Gift": partaking of the blood of the Vampire to become a vampire.
9. A Vampire can be destroyed through a number of methods, however, the most common method employed is to:
(a) seek out the Vampire's Lair during the hours of daylight when the Vampire and it's powers are dormant.
(b) bring with you a good, stout hammer, a sharp, thick, wodden stake, a scalpal, surgeon's gloves, a holy symbol for each member of the hunting party, The Bible, holy water or a holy wafer and a small saw.
(c). Have one member of the party read from the bible from the Prayer for the Dead.
(d). A member of the party must hammer the stake directly into the Vampire's heart, never faultering in doing so. After the deed is done, the undead will once again be at peace. Remove the exposed part of the stake by use of the saw.
(e). Open the Vampire's mouth and put in a holy wafer or garlic.
(f). Sever the vampire's head and turn it to where it is facing the bootom of the coffin.
(g). Seal the coffin with holy water or holy wafers, purify or consecrate the grave or crypt.
(h). Leave the area and go have a few stiff drinks after cleaning up.

------------------
Peace,

Captain Kundalini

[This message has been edited by Captain Kundalini (edited 16 July 2002).]

Post by Guest » 07-16-2002 11:47 PM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by maryals:
Thank you CK!
See the movie "The Lost Boys"? Is it me, or was that a take off of Peter Pan? The Father of the young Vampire-Boys looking for a mother for them.
Anyway, because they were "invited" into the house (for dinner) none of the anti-vampire stuff worked.
So, in other words, if one invites a Vampire, even if tricked into making the invitation, does that make null and void any power of the anti-Vampire stuff, like Holy Water and Sacred Symbols?

</font>
Well done, Maryals! You've done your Homework! Image
I forgot to mention that a Vampire must be invited into a house or dwelling to pray upon the victim therein. However, this does not nullify "anti Vampire stuff like holy water or sacred symbols" as Maryals put it.

Case in point: In the novel "'Salem's Lot", the teacher (I can't remember his name at the moment) has invited a cemetery custodian (can't remember his name, either) into his house who had been attacked by a Vampire (Danny Glick). The custodian died from massive blood loss in the teacher's house and was taken away later to the morgue. The next night, as the teacher was reading in his study, he heard a noise upstairs which he went to investigate. To his shock and horror, it was the cemetery custodian who told the teacher to look at him in an effort to hypnotize him. The teacher pulled out a cross and said, "NO! Get out of here! I revoke my invitation!" or words to that effect. The combination of the cross and the revoking of the invitation drove the vampire from the house, but as it leaped from the second story window and into the night, it turned towards the teacher and said, "I'll see you sleep like the dead, teacher."
You might also remember that when Lawyer Jonathon Harker met Count Dracula for the first time, the Count said, "Welcome to my house. Enter freely and of your own will."

turtle101
Ship's Bartender

Post by turtle101 » 07-17-2002 01:39 AM

How many people have read the Novel Dracula?
How was he killed, buy whom and by what?
turtle
Due to current economic conditions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Post by Guest » 07-17-2002 02:08 AM

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by turtle101:
How many people have read the Novel Dracula?
How was he killed, buy whom and by what?
turtle
</font>
I first read the novel in High School. Read the novel. Image I'm not going to spoil it for folks who haven't read it yet and I ask that no one else spoils it, either.

If you don't want to go out and buy the book, here is the complete, unabridged text:

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-17-2002 09:58 AM

ahh yes good ole Count Dracula ... and "inviting" into one's chamber (home) unwittingly.

and I will not spoil the story either - one needs to read!

Some time ago they repeated the story of the original count (that the book was written for or after) on PBS channel. Its worthy of a review.

Riddick
Pirate

Did Elvis Have A Secret Fetish For Vampires?

Post by Riddick » 10-25-2019 02:33 AM

The dark hair, the popped collars, the fact he "put aluminum foil over his hotel windows to keep out the sunlight," the Elvis-Vampire association has been touched on over the years. So, is there something to it, or is it a mere coincidence that two famous women the "King of Rock & Roll" took a shine to were the polar opposite of Ann Margret-esque sex appeal, both Dames of Darkness who each played a spooky character in black who hosted horror movies on TV? Messy Nessy Chic has the story.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Vampires

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 10-25-2019 10:34 AM

Whoa mule! 17 years later what a worthy entry you've presented us about Elvis taking kindly to the darkside.

That pic of Marilyn and The King of Rock together was a first to see. ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡

The videos and the read will open some eyes wide Riddick! Mainly above the eyes will be the white, grey and or balding.๐Ÿ˜Š Thanks!

MK II
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

๐ŸŒŽ ๐Ÿ” ๐ŸŒ ๐Ÿ—ป ๐ŸŒ ๐ŸŒ‹
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Return to โ€œParanormalโ€