DeLay INDICTED!!!!!!

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-28-2005 08:25 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Interestingly enough Texas has only one Campaign Finance Law on the books which was passed around 1900 which says you cannot use corporate funds to finance a campaign and this law was used to indict DeLay.
Pretty freaking bad when they have only ONE rule and they can't even obey that..
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 09-28-2005 08:47 PM

Positive Waves Folks... Positive Waves...

Last edited by Rombaldi on 09-28-2005 09:55 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-28-2005 09:31 PM

I wrote a letter to Boxer....
told her I was happy with few democrats right now. Want to know why others are silent on the most important issues......
one being we need our country back. NOW!

moonchild2
Pirate

Post by moonchild2 » 09-29-2005 01:12 AM

Looks to me like the republicans are just hanging themselves day after day. If the Dems jump in right now they will just be accused of opportunism. That would be just what the Republicans would be hoping for - something that would take the focus off of their fearless leader. Sometimes silence is golden and is quite often a good strategy.

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 09-29-2005 10:53 AM

""" "Ronnie Earle, the Texas prosecutor who has indicted associates of House Majority Leader Tom DeLay in an ongoing campaign-finance investigation, dropped felony charges against several corporations indicted in the probe in return for the corporations' agreement to make five- and six-figure contributions to one of Earle's pet causes."

(Dollars for Dismissals, National Review, June 20, 2005)

According to the indictment, the conspiracy was to unlawfully make a political contribution of corporate funds to a political party within 60 days of an election.
The Texas Election Code clearly states that "A corporation or labor organization may not knowingly make a contribution [to a political party] during a period beginning on the 60th day before the date of a general election for state and county officers and continuing through the day of the election." Title 15, Texas Election Code, 253.104. Texas law also states in part that "A person commits criminal conspiracy if, with intent that a felony be committed: (1) he agrees with one or more persons that they or one or more of them engage in conduct that would constitute the offense; and (2) he or one or more of them performs an overt act in pursuance of the agreement."
-
In an effort to contrive jurisdiction over DeLay, Earle charges that because Congressman DeLay may have known about the transaction before it occurred, he was then part of a conspiracy.
However, Earle's office has sworn testimony and other exculpatory evidence showing that Congressman DeLay did not have knowledge of the transaction.
-
No corporation or labor organization was indicted in this conspiracy. Neither Jim Ellis nor John Colyandro is a corporation or labor organization.
No corporation or labor organization made a contribution during 60 days of an election.
What constitutes a contribution under the Texas Election Code is not strictly defined.
Neither the RNC nor RNSEC constitute a political party under Texas election law. They are considered PACs, just as the DNC is.
Corporations in Texas could have legally made contributions to the RNC or RNSEC during the period in question under Texas election law.
There was no violation of the Texas Election Code. There was no conspiracy. The underlying transaction was legal. Had corporations sent money directly to the RNC or RNSEC, the transaction would be legal. How could anyone conspire to do indirectly what could legally have been done directly? """

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-29-2005 10:57 AM

:confused: :rolleyes: :D :D :D

drnewel
Pirate

Complete Lack of Control

Post by drnewel » 09-29-2005 11:13 AM

It is obvious that there is a complete lack of control of what can be considered The Government.

It is a long way from the times when the Constitution was written on Hemp Parer.

Coca Cola no longer contains Cocain as imported by the father of all Psychiatry Sigmund Freud whom was hired by The Department On The Navy.

Mother's Little Helper will get you ten years now.

Felatio in the White House is cataloged and monitored.

The one constant - campaign fraud.
Dr. Newel

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-29-2005 11:19 AM

Rombaldi wrote: Positive Waves Folks... Positive Waves...

Rombi, why wait a minute! Isn't that Osama hiding behind those front men, ah, men in front of him?! Could it be, did he really have internal workings to provide him training on how to dump things on others, trained by the CIA in subversions? Oh, no, I cannot stand to hear these things! It must all be high wing-nuttery, just as ART BELL tells it now.

Ninerism

Ninerism
Pirate

Re: Complete Lack of Control

Post by Ninerism » 09-29-2005 11:21 AM

drnewel wrote: It is obvious that there is a complete lack of control of what can be considered The Government.

It is a long way from the times when the Constitution was written on Hemp Parer.

Coca Cola no longer contains Cocain as imported by the father of all Psychiatry Sigmund Freud whom was hired by The Department On The Navy.

Mother's Little Helper will get you ten years now.

Felatio in the White House is cataloged and monitored.

The one constant - campaign fraud.

Dr. Newel, well, if ever those high-monied PAC's are thoroughly investigated and challenged, we might see glimmers of hope that our Constitution and supposed tripartite form of government will once again be respected, and fulfilled. Right now, we do have a SHADOW GOVERNMENT in control, and it's the types such as OLLIE NORTH who give truth-telling a bad name!

Ninerism

spiritme
Pirate

Post by spiritme » 09-29-2005 03:36 PM

I was watching an interview on TV about Delay and Frist and all the other messes that seem to be rearing thier heads now and the interesting thing that got my attention is even the people who were being asked questions about whether they trusted their administration said "no"..........they asked 200 people....even up 100 dems and 100 repugs...............guess what..........even the repugs could not say that they even trusted this administration to make a decision about money being spent on ads for thier own party!
I found that interesting!

and oh by the way......they even made the comment that this will go much deeper then what is currently being bought out!
One described it as a cancer that becomes bigger and deeper!

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 09-29-2005 07:17 PM

hehehehehe---please do your research-----he wrote a cover letter.
another red herring------a bargain chip to drop charges against Reid for all the federal land deals made for family in nevada. C'mon peoples, enough mud---I wanna see a president impeached------oh---never mind----already been done.
Haven't I said all politics are dirty-----democans and republicrats---two sides of the same coin.

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-29-2005 10:57 PM

I do not share your cynicism.

But there will be blood shed.

Good will triumph over evil.

I hope.

Gotrox
Pirate

Post by Gotrox » 09-30-2005 04:16 AM

Good will triumph over evil.

Carefull, now. The word "evil" may be hate speech, and forbidden under the new hate speech law.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 09-30-2005 08:08 PM

Gotrox wrote: Carefull, now. The word "evil" may be hate speech, and forbidden under the new hate speech law.

Gotrox, you caught me chuckles! LOL

Anyway, what's been the delay, anyway? Time that many heads rolled! Maybe that's the idea, go after the head of the snake, cut it off, decapitate it, and all there is left is an empty suit hanging on the doorway.

I sure hope that is the GOOD that Corvid is describing; and yes, I'd like to see impeachments going hard and furious, too. I really do hate to be cynical.

There's so much crapola on both sides of the aisles, and if CORPORATISM can be stopped, impeded, slowed down, we may have a chance to restore our erstwhile Democratic Republic, but as it stands, there is no real balance of power existing, the Supreme Court was bought out by those fools who made certain that Gore lost, and that BUSH TWO was sElected.

Ninerism

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 09-30-2005 09:08 PM

"There's so much crapola on both sides of the aisles, and if CORPORATISM can be stopped, impeded, slowed down, we may have a chance to restore our erstwhile Democratic Republic....."

Absolutely!

It will be a very tough fight..... and we MIGHT win.

The unknown is ..... will we win before most of the world is destroyed?

They have the technology to destroy in so many ways..... and, in some areas, they can do severe damage by NOT doing anything at all (global warming).

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”