Moderator: Super Moderators

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-18-2005 04:09 PM

And just the visor..

johnlear
Pirate

Post by johnlear » 08-18-2005 04:19 PM

This is a corner of my den where I have the pictureof me and Buzz and his alleged signed celebrity mask.
The lie is different at every level. (RCH)
Including his. (JOL)

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-18-2005 04:25 PM

John, what are those irregular artifacts going out from the sun's reflection in that last visor pic just above your last post?

johnlear
Pirate

Post by johnlear » 08-18-2005 04:35 PM

Dale OSea wrote: John, what are those irregular artifacts going out from the sun's reflection in that last visor pic just above your last post?

Those are lunar fractionally reflective irregular anomalies (similar to sunspots, but squarish in shape).
Including his. (JOL)

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 08-18-2005 05:26 PM

Wow, I made it back online but not through the last 150 posts
after my pc landed in the other limits of cyberspace. I haven't a clue what's being discussed althought its never prevented me
from posting.

You all need to see it from my screen I can't make out the funny
looking lettering on that visor. What the heck is it?

John that's a nice wall!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 08-18-2005 06:53 PM

The spacesuit visor has two layers; there is a transparent bubble, and a retractable, second layer that is covered with very dark, mirror tint. The reflections are these two bubbles bouncing the bright sunlight off each other, resulting in the square shapes of that reflection.

Also keep in mind that the reflective (and transparent) bubbles are extremely convexed, giving a fish-eye appearance. In fact, you can even see Al Bean's chest-mounted camera in his bubble's relfection.

johnlear
Pirate

Post by johnlear » 08-18-2005 07:48 PM

Cpt Spike Mike wrote: The spacesuit visor has two layers; there is a transparent bubble, and a retractable, second layer that is covered with very dark, mirror tint. The reflections are these two bubbles bouncing the bright sunlight off each other, resulting in the square shapes of that reflection.

Also keep in mind that the reflective (and transparent) bubbles are extremely convexed, giving a fish-eye appearance. In fact, you can even see Al Bean's chest-mounted camera in his bubble's relfection.

Thanks Spike and apologies to Dale for my smartass answer.
Including his. (JOL)

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 08-18-2005 09:58 PM

johnlear wrote: Thanks Spike and apologies to Dale for my smartass answer.
I rather enjoyed your smartass answer John. It made me laugh.

Thanks for the explanation Spike Mike. Makes sense I guess.

palosheights
Pirate

Post by palosheights » 08-18-2005 10:47 PM

ever since keith laney was on with rch on the art bell a few years ago i have been visiting site and all the great moon photos and explanations he has, very very interesting.

i did not know that they could take such photos from the keck telescope. with better terrestial telescopes they must have some real outstanding photos of the moon now. with photos like these they must have known what was on the moon before they ever went there.

thanks again john for bringing this up because there have been so many unanswered questions regarding the moon.

oh yes, don't forget airbrushing of photos at nasa is a way of life.

andy

Cpt Spike Mike
Joint Chief

Post by Cpt Spike Mike » 08-19-2005 02:14 AM

You're quite welcome, John. I also posted that photo becasue I think some were confused by the image posted earlier, a painting by Al Bean of himself. People were commenting on the fingerprint-like texture in that image.

That texture is just that; shadows created by the stretched canvas on which the artwork was painted. This wasn't a planned thing, and is simply a visual artifact of enlarging a painted image. ;) :cool:

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 08-19-2005 04:42 AM

Cpt Spike Mike wrote: You're quite welcome, John. I also posted that photo becasue I think some were confused by the image posted earlier, a painting by Al Bean of himself. People were commenting on the fingerprint-like texture in that image.

That texture is just that; shadows created by the stretched canvas on which the artwork was painted. This wasn't a planned thing, and is simply a visual artifact of enlarging a painted image. ;) :cool:

Thanx Cap, I was thinking that maybe that fingerprint effect had something to do with why the sun doesnt reflect like a pin point, the way it does in JL's visor..(or could that have to do with the curvature or lack of, of the visor maybe?) ..or why not all the shadows "seem" to fall correctly. I was wondering if it was something in the visor.........(not knowing anything about visors) That clears that up for me........thanx :)

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 08-19-2005 08:47 AM

Spike Mike Originally posted by Cpt Spike Mike
The spacesuit visor has two layers; there is a transparent bubble, and a retractable, second layer that is covered with very dark, mirror tint. The reflections are these two bubbles bouncing the bright sunlight off each other, resulting in the square shapes of that reflection.

Well then spike all he had to do is open his darn fancy visor then he would have seen the stars.:D

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 08-19-2005 08:50 AM

sayntbrigid wrote: Thanx Cap, I was thinking that maybe that fingerprint effect had something to do with why the sun doesnt reflect like a pin point, the way it does in JL's visor..(or could that have to do with the curvature or lack of, of the visor maybe?) ..or why not all the shadows "seem" to fall correctly. I was wondering if it was something in the visor.........(not knowing anything about visors) That clears that up for me........thanx :)

I think sayntbrigid that the camera that took the picture has a curvature too.;)

Alien_UK
Pirate

Post by Alien_UK » 08-19-2005 08:58 AM

Originally posted by vigo
The shadowing seems wrong in the reflected image. The sun is beside him casting a normal shadow to his left and yet there is a unusual shadow being cast in front of him. Kinda like the sun is behind him as well. Maybe reflected off something washed out of the photo?

I would say the sun cast the shadow his side. And the lamp cast the shadow in his front .
You forgot vigo to take into account the lighting from the module directly in front of him that is washing out the shadow at his feet!!

The light must stretch out far enough from the module to get slightly behind him to cast the shadow in the first place. Unless NASA has a fancy lighting rig :D
Last edited by Alien_UK on 08-19-2005 09:09 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Blarrgon7
Pirate

Post by Blarrgon7 » 08-19-2005 10:57 AM

Hello all, very interesting stuff indeed. I'm new here but have been following this board from the start. In regards to Beans' painting of himself, it's curious that I have only seen 1 mention of the being in his visor. Did Bean paint this image or has someone inserted the being after the fact? Thanks.
"It may be that our role on this planet is not to worship God, but to create him." - Arthur C. Clarke

Return to “Conspiracies/Black Ops”