Gasoline prices soar in California: Speculator's doing it al

Archive - Caveat Emptor!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Ninerism
Pirate

Gasoline prices soar in California: Speculator's doing it al

Post by Ninerism » 08-18-2005 01:05 PM

Readers: Several times in the past week the Major Media has been stating that the cause of soaring gasoline prices is directly related to speculator's seeking to make a killing.

Couldn't the government simply step-in and require that there be some price-control mechanisms, so that the billionaire's investing in oil stocks would not kill all of us while making their killings in speculation?

Meanwhile, the Major Media never stated one word that perhaps our war in Iraq is doing a big trick on all of us, too.

Gasoline prices in most of California are now way above $three bucks a gallon, and some hot spots show $3.80/gallon+++!!!

So, are war profiteers also making a killing, while the "volunteers" for neo-cons Bush wars are literally being sacrificed.

Wait until we have another very cold winter. Will Americans be so eager to keep supporting the neo-cons drives for EMPIRE BUILDING, while they cannot afford to fill the 15-year old Honda's gasoline tank?

Already, signs of distressing INLFATION are being seen around the nation. People at bars, and restaurants, for instance, leave paltry tips, and order the cheapest thing on the menu. Already, many signs that families are being hit hard with monthly gasoline bills that rival the payments for a NEW CAR. Smaller restaurants are compelled to raise their prices to cover delivery costs which are soaring, all related gasoline prices soaring ever higher.

Tighten your seatbelts folks, this may be a long and very bumpy ride we endure as the spOILers take us all down some twisted and very dirty dirty roads.

Ninerism

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Re: Gasoline prices soar in California: Speculator's doing i

Post by Rombaldi » 08-18-2005 01:16 PM

Ninerism wrote: Couldn't the government simply step-in and require that there be some price-control mechanisms, so that the billionaire's investing in oil stocks would not kill all of us while making their killings in speculation?
That would require honesty, intregity and a desire to care for the common folk from the Bush Junta... so you know the answer to that... who do you think is doing the 'speculating'?? Chimpy's buddies.. gotta fatten that portfolio...
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 08-18-2005 01:34 PM

Corporate Americas, friend of ALL political types and persuasions.

10 years ago nobody in China could even imagine owning a vehicle let alone being able to have the funds to purchase fuel.

Welcome to the global economic circus of wars and failing ideologies.

It's harvest time.

:D
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 08-18-2005 01:42 PM

FAB. oh, yes, and support globalism, shop at WAL MART.

Ninerism

Ninerism
Pirate

Re: Re: Gasoline prices soar in California: Speculator's doi

Post by Ninerism » 08-18-2005 01:44 PM

Rombaldi wrote: That would require honesty, intregity and a desire to care for the common folk from the Bush Junta... so you know the answer to that... who do you think is doing the 'speculating'?? Chimpy's buddies.. gotta fatten that portfolio...

Rombi, makes me sick to think what those bastards did to Martha Stewart. Millions are suffering from the staged oil crises stuff, and the manipulated markets where MILLIONS are suffering, but our Justice Department goes after Martha. COWARDS!!!

Ninerism

Corvid
Anchors Aweigh

Post by Corvid » 08-18-2005 01:52 PM

What did ahnee and kennyboy lay talk about in that LA hotel room..... BEFORE his 'ocnvenient' run for governor?

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 08-18-2005 02:17 PM

Corvid, why, ah sheet, nothing at all of course! The Major Media had a field day destroying Gov. Gray Davis, whose grey days were limited with his inabilities to properly articulate ENRON, and notable corruptions here and allied with Texas and oil industries. Well, all of that is neatly swept under the rug.

Meanwhile, after ENRON damaged hundreds of small business here which could not afford $5k +++ monthly electricity bills and such, many businesses went bankrupt, while millions of citizens could barely afford to heat their homes. Few were actually indicted. Kenneth Lay has powerful allies in Republican Party, too.

Ahnold is such a big movie star, yah, too. The public just loves to see an image, especially a film star. Well, the teachers here don't exactly cotton to his political manners; and he's managed to make many people quite upset in 'Cally'forn'ya', all by his lonesome self.

Years ago I had read where Ahnold, to make big in the pump iron industry, secretly used stimulants. He was not even the best specimen, but WEIDER enterprises saw to it that he won competition after competition, enamored with that hunk of old German-Austrian stock. In fact, there were far better physical specimens with better symmetry and proportions, but Ahnold had some DNA that Weider likely felt enamored about.

Some have him pegged for P-residency, y'know? Well, it will make Clinton's sex feasts and conquests look mighty small-plate in comparision, that's fer sure, once those things come to light. But for now, he is comfortably, or not, ensconced as Cally'forn'ya's Guv.

Personally, seems to me he is not a man for the White House.

Ninerism

fabzilla
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Gasoline prices soar in California: Speculator's

Post by fabzilla » 08-18-2005 02:26 PM

Ninerism wrote: Rombi, makes me sick to think what those bastards did to Martha Stewart. Millions are suffering from the staged oil crises stuff, and the manipulated markets where MILLIONS are suffering, but our Justice Department goes after Martha. COWARDS!!!

Ninerism

It is "funny" you bring in Martha and Walmart into the equation, very related and the story may be told before 08.

But then again, "Kmart Shoppers for Truth" may be a derailed 527 before it is incarnated by the "Shim Sham Oil Boogie Man Brigade"

:cool:
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 08-18-2005 02:33 PM

Ok FAB, what you saying?! LOL Are you implying that Martha was singled out, so that Wal Mart could take advantage of K-Marts defeated stocks via the defaming of Martha Stewart? Well,that was the exact thing I was saying to my friend some time ago, too.
Are you also saying she was subject to a CONSPIRACY to get her?! Oh, my.......

Gosh, this is so weird, I even question my own questions!

Please elaborate.

Ninerism

fabzilla
Pirate

Post by fabzilla » 08-18-2005 03:10 PM

This was a hint...

showthread.php?s=&threadid=12552

Look at the judges involved, the contributions, the "agents"...

Your suspicions are all warranted and noted.

We are witnessing the biggest duck and cover rerouting I have seen within the elite power structure.

The merger was in play long before the mailicious assault on Martha needless to say, it failed.

Now if the consumer would see it...

With the rising fuel expenditures (also a component of the same "theory") outweighing the "great promise of saving $$$$" combined with the moves in the bankruptcy restructuring and the housing bubble the evidence of the tampering and the script is plain as day to see it, if you choose to remove the blinders and look.

fab
Ah drrr drrr drrr

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 08-18-2005 05:41 PM

I noticed the priced has climbed as of yesterday to match and pace dairy queen's regular zied mocha moolattees $2.74 here in Texas.
Last edited by Laird on 08-18-2005 05:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Laird
Pirate

Post by Laird » 08-18-2005 06:00 PM

what I'm seeing is the move back towards public mass transit
which isn't good once your compare that to what happened last month in England.

Moped is the last bastion to economic freedom
"Speak softly and carry a big stick" Teddy Roosevelt

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 08-19-2005 12:42 PM

Gasoline prices are high - yes and its disgusting. Now shall we go back in time - take a look at the 70s and long gas lines - take a look at the COL to gas price indexes? Or perhaps we should look at the laws of supply and demand and how China and India both have tremendous growth in personal automobiles in just past 5 yrs. (google the information on any of these) Then we can add the loss of gasoline refineries, add to that some 110 blends of gasoline that are being required...add it all up. AND while we are looking into all the aspects, add the MTBE crap - you know environmentalists and look at the damage it has caused to water throughout the USA.

There is no doubt that many factors are added up to this over inflated gas pricing that is going on. Taxes by federal and states can be thrown into the mix.

Now add in winter fuel which the refineries are now gearing up to produce. AND an often overlooked factor of OIL use -- plastics! Its a mess and its NOT political party affiliated, in spite of the hints being proferred.

Ninerism
Pirate

Post by Ninerism » 08-19-2005 02:47 PM

Laird wrote: I noticed the priced has climbed as of yesterday to match and pace dairy queen's regular zied mocha moolattees .74 here in Texas.

Laird, I've been a customer and fan of Dairy Queen's for many years, great food and icecream! Now, that mocha moolatees sound's much yummier than a gallon of premium!

Ninerism

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-19-2005 10:50 PM

Paid $2.63 at Costco today, the average in the area is $2.78.

Return to “Politics and Government Pre-2007”