Shep Smith Calls Out "More and More Frightening" F

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-13-2009 04:45 PM

I watched the video with O'Riely and Joan Walsh....

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-13-2009 05:52 PM

A brief response to the comments here about Rombaldi. I'll say this: Rombaldi is not about hate. His signature style is more about bombast and rhetoric.

His relationship to the FF is much like that of the planet Jupiter to Earth. Sort of a counterweight to the more svelte style of Racehorse who is to the FF more as the planet Saturn to Earth.

Now, Joe Quinn! His style is to the FF as the Kuiper Belt to the Solar System.

;)

Mysterious and reassuring

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-13-2009 05:59 PM

You never know what will come out of the Kuiper Belt, Linnea! You really don't know, 'cause our astronomers can't see it well enough until it's all-too-close...

:D :D :D
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

USSGoblin
Pirate

Post by USSGoblin » 06-13-2009 07:55 PM

Linnea wrote: A brief response to the comments here about Rombaldi. I'll say this: Rombaldi is not about hate. His signature style is more about bombast and rhetoric.

His relationship to the FF is much like that of the planet Jupiter to Earth. Sort of a counterweight to the more svelte style of Racehorse who is to the FF more as the planet Saturn to Earth.

Now, Joe Quinn! His style is to the FF as the Kuiper Belt to the Solar System.

;)

Mysterious and reassuring

Yep Democrats just a pig, thats it. Liberal pigs, oink oink, it does not bother me, it just again proves my point.

That video was poorly edited.

The claim is this P&G is open, but it really is not. Also no, Rom's signature tag is political in nature, and should not appear outside of the P&G section. My tag was in no way political in nature, I also did seek permission, not only that, it was suggested that I did include a link so new members could easily find out who I was, because it had identity reasons since I was the topic of a few segments on Coast to Coast AM. But my sig tag was only now attacked because of my view on politics. I freely admitted being in tolerant to certain views liberals have. But I hold it to the issue only, attack what people say, and the issue and view point they have, don't attack the person. Limbaugh clearly explained why he wanted Obama to fail, it was due to his policies he wants to enact. But in response, liberal Sykes, attacked Limbaugh directly, and wished he would have renal failure. That is the nature of it. If liberals want to get that personal and hate, then fine, but they don't admit it, that is the big deal I point out. Look at Savage, he is over the top, that is his style, many times it is sarcastic, the mean kind of sarcasm. Say what you say, I say what i say, on what ever issue, no big, but some have resulted to attempts of intimidation, insulting emails. This is nothing new, heck, on the old NASCAR board, a few liberals went nuts, simply because they were out gunned. I delt with that crap, in fact I was told clearly by my Poppy, back when I was six, and i asked if I could join the Internet forums. Often he would have to send in a letter via snail mail to explain who I was, my appearance on talk radio, and in news stories. I was also told, don't go crying, or get steamed. If I got emotional at all, then I would lose my privilege. If you want to point out hate, from the right in the media, fine. But here is the mistake many make. They start to for a connection with the person posting, and what they are posting about. Now i could go simply copy and paste, but that is boring. I was allowed on the Internet, simply because i was confined to a hospital bed. My Parents told me, no way would I have been allowed to participate in such topics if my situation was normal. I don't care if you bash righties, but your reactions were exactly what i expected. Liberals never follow their own rules. If I injected politics in my sig tag, that was from the right side, oh, I know I would have been asked to remove it. my sig tag was attacked only because of my politics. Just be consistent. Also, do not grant an exception to the rule, then yank it because you do not like my politics. because, that is another form of "modding" my speech. The attack on my tag was only to hurt. It had nothing to do with the discussions. Not at all. Again, compared to Roms, my sig tag had nothing to do with Politics. Roms sig tag, it should not be used outside the P& G section, if your going to be consistent. If I posted outside the P& G section this: In the 2010 election, I want to see an electoral battlefield littered with defeated Democrats, their ranks demoralized, their treasury in heavy debt, and no real liberal democrat support structure for President Obama. I want a Congress in total opposition to Whitehouse leadership that no Democrat will even be close to getting in the whitehouse for at least 12 to 16 years after Obama leaves the whitehouse. You would deem it inappropriate.

So Rom is not about hate, but I am? Is that what you mean by that, cause Rush is not posting here, I am.

Also, you see, it is not, i don't agree with that person's right wing view on that TV show. No, it is ray, why are you doing this, and doing that, rather than addressing the issue, some turn and address me, as if I was the one who was the originater of the Right wing view. but that is OK, so i will respond in such a manner. No big deal. I will blast away, and paint with a shot gun then.
Last edited by USSGoblin on 06-13-2009 08:06 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Raymond, Cancer Survivor
Founder of The Kids Cancer Tree
and The USS GOBLIN. :)

USSGoblin
Pirate

Post by USSGoblin » 06-13-2009 08:08 PM

joequinn wrote: You never know what will come out of the Kuiper Belt, Linnea! You really don't know, 'cause our astronomers can't see it well enough until it's all-too-close...

:D :D :D

Are you kidding, you know the Illuminati have a country club there. They mast have great frequent flyer benefits.
Raymond, Cancer Survivor
Founder of The Kids Cancer Tree
and The USS GOBLIN. :)

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-13-2009 09:08 PM

USSGoblin wrote: Rush is not posting here, I am.
No. But he might as well be. You're just repeating his talking points over and over and over again. There's nothing original here. No critical thinking.

If you don't like this forum, why post here? We've seen this sort of forum-bashing before. It's nothing new, either.

When you post at a forum on the internet, you're making use of someone's private property. This is a privately owned forum. It's open to the public, just like a bar or a restaurant, but the rules are different than those in a truly public place, like the courthouse lawn. The rules are up to the owner. They have the right to make whatever rules they like, as long as they are law abiding. If you don't like the rules or don't like the way the forum is run, there are plenty of other places to go.
"The right to free speech doesn't give one the right to say anything anywhere; it is circumscribed by property rights." - John Hospers (Libertarian candidate for President of the United States, 1972), "What Libertarianism Is," 1974
The P&G section of the Fantastic Forum may be "unmoderated," but it's my understanding that this doesn't mean that other general forum rules do not apply here. Here's something to consider from The Mission Statement of the Fantastic Forum:
The key concept here is community. While others are invited to join us from time to time, as registered guests, to see if they might become part of this community, and are accepted by the Fantastic Forum Community - we reserve the right to deny continued participation to those who are disruptive to the community. Some new registrants are easily recognized as sharing and enjoying common values, general philosophy, and a positive experience with the members here. Others might find this is not the place for them. In those cases, these folks generally move on, or are asked to move on if they are disruptive to the Fantastic Forum.

The Fantastic Forum is a private community - and we will protect our community here - to keep this a place where we find value, support and a place to share thoughts with others.

So, do you want to be a part of the community here, or do you just want to disrupt it?

I will say this to you as well, Ray: This community welcomed you here with open arms when you first came here. We cared about you, worried about you, prayed for you, and some probably even donated money from their own pockets to try to help you. We have been very supportive of you.

You don't owe any of us anything for that. It was freely given. But by the same token, we also don't owe you anything. We have been respectful of you, but it's obvious you have no intention of returning respect to us.
USSGoblin wrote: I will blast away, and paint with a shot gun then.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-13-2009 09:42 PM

You make a good point, Joolz. USSGoblin is being very disruptive to the community here. 'Blasting away and painting with a shotgun' is a clear statement he intends to continue with disruption.

Also, do not appreciate the suggestive violence of the metaphor. This is also very much against posted policy here.

Guess that's it then. Enough.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 06-13-2009 10:30 PM

I hope this is posted in time. I am begging you not to shut down USSGoblin!! Was it not a week ago that Linnea was suggesting "adopt-a-post"? Two weeks ago? Whatever?

He has brought more life to the Ship than anyone in recent history. Even Joe Quinn expressed jealousy. See associated thread.

Yes. We have watched this young man grow. Yes. He has now grown into what he is. An impressively intelligent contributor. You don't like what he says. So shutting him out is the answer??

Sorry if this post seems written in haste. It was! Don't want to see Raymond get planked. And in your heart if hearts, IMO, neither do you.

K. Hope I posted this in time.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-13-2009 10:31 PM

Did not need the parting salvo there, either. It is true, extremists - from either end of the spectrum - do not fare well here.

Very strange experience in this thread, as the topic actually played out here in 'almost live' time.

Good Grief!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-13-2009 10:41 PM

Read all the posts in this thread, Live365. And what is the point of rushing in to post this here.

It's okay if the forum is not as active at times, but this is a form of 'entertainment' we can do without.

It has been all our experience with these kinds of incidents. Rudeness and disruption are equated with 'political views' for convenience and effect - not for the truth of the matter.

It happens time and time again.

Every effort was made to try to get this point across, to no avail. As has happened time and time again.

There is nothing new here. Very disappointing, but nothing new.

Live365
Ship's Bos'n

Post by Live365 » 06-13-2009 11:14 PM

Well. I'm sorry to see it. Race, CK and I are moderates by comparison. But even one reference to the right is considered nasty! Ray brought a fresh, and impressively articulate, view to the Ship. That he yanked chains is on you, not him.

I'm suprised the "cut-the-mike" MSNBC reporterette didn't get complete coverage in the video above. It would have fit, how the right-wing ReThug insulted her. Cooler minds prevailed, apparently.
Last edited by Live365 on 06-13-2009 11:16 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Did you ever stop to think, and then forget to start again?

eagle
Pirate

Post by eagle » 06-13-2009 11:35 PM

Looking at the history of racism and the KKK the Democratic Party is the one with so much hate and the Republicans are more of a greedy and corrupt Party.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-13-2009 11:37 PM

eagle wrote: Looking at the history of racism and the KKK the Democratic Party is the one with so much hate and the Republicans are more of a greedy and corrupt Party.

Doesn't look much like that now eagle..it isn't the Dems who are spreading all the hate and fear mongering.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-14-2009 12:05 AM

Originally posted by Live365
...Ray brought a fresh, and impressively articulate, view to the Ship.

Hardly that. The view was simply rehashed Limbaugh, Beck, _____fill in the blank* yada yada diatribe. Nothing original there. And, it's minority fringe hatespeak - and dangerous. What this topic here is about.

What's all this talk about guns? Haven't there been enough hate killings this week?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-14-2009 12:58 AM

USSGoblin wrote: I will blast away, and paint with a shot gun then.
Laura you find this exciting ????? Can't remember the last time any one here talked about blasting those that disagree with a shot gun. You think this brings life to the ship ??? We may not agree but Jesus Christ NO ONE here ever said this, and you defend it ???

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”