Shep Smith Calls Out "More and More Frightening" F

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Joolz
Pirate

Shep Smith Calls Out "More and More Frightening" F

Post by Joolz » 06-11-2009 01:07 AM

For our Shep Smith fans...

In light of today's tragedy, he calls out those who send what he calls "more and more frightening" emails to Fox News every day - by the thousands, he says, and that it's getting worse.

I'd love to see this man working for a different network, but then, when I really think about it, maybe it's better that he's where he is. At least he provides one bright point of light in a sea of mud over there, and maybe he makes more of a difference that way.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxvunbIWNyI&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bxvunbIWNyI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-11-2009 01:13 AM

I love Shep, he is the only reason to watch that network. I agree Joolz, painful and as frightening as some of their viewers must be to this man, he is like the canary in the coal mine on days like today.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 06-11-2009 01:17 AM

Thanks Joolz, I like Shep its hard to believe he is on the same station that Beck is on.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-11-2009 01:26 AM

Wow... here's another from today where he's talking with Heidi Beirich of the Southern Poverty Law Center about the recent rise in right-wing extremist violence. Go Shep!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hh6DiYA0TOg&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hh6DiYA0TOg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-11-2009 01:27 AM

I like him, too. I never watch him live because I just can't bear the rest of the network, but I love watching these video clips of him.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-11-2009 01:30 AM

Oh, he addresses the birth certificate nonsense again in this clip, too.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-11-2009 01:41 AM

I like Shep Smith as well, though this thought just crossed my mind in a frisson of paranoia - it is possible he is ginning this up, this incipient domestic terrorism issue? As a prelude to ...what? Crack down and martial law? When he was discussing the earlier video, he did remark it was not too far a distance from the hateful rhetoric, to picking up a gun. That stood out as irresponsible to me.

Wish I were not this paranoid, but the thought did cross my mind.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 06-11-2009 01:57 AM

No, I really don't think so, Linnea. Shep Smith has been pretty consistent ever since his coverage of Katrina. I think he's genuine, and is trying to speak the truth as best he can.

We were watching Chris Matthews' coverage of this event on MSNBC this afternoon, and he had some Republican politician on who was saying he thinks this happened because the guy was "economically stressed." The difference between THAT, which was total BS, and this, is like night and day. Shep was talking with a representative of the SPLC who was speaking truth and Chris was talking with some right-wing politician trying to spin it in a totally wrong direction.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 06-11-2009 03:02 AM

Yah, well, not Shep Smith ;) - of course, but maybe just a paranoia related to an intuition about some other energy out there which is vaguely threatening. A premonition of some trouble to come. Can't quite figure it out. In addition to his alarm and assessment of the situation.

USSGoblin
Pirate

Post by USSGoblin » 06-11-2009 04:25 AM

Oh, emails, I used to get some wacky and strange emails from the Coast to Coast listeners during the show, they ended up in my email box by user error instead of Art, George's, or Barbra's email. They would click on my email address because it was at the top of the list. Most were inquires about the Artbell.com website, or advertising inquires, but some got out right strange, others were down right hateful, and insulting, some even worse. Sometimes I would get thousands of emails in one night. I would have to sort through them, then send them on to Keith, Art, or George. Hmmm, maybe I should have demanded a bigger Paycheck.

but I think he is right, some just get nutty cause it is an email, as if they do not take emails seriously. Maybe because of the spam factor, and the urban legend emails. Some actually think it is OK if you make a threat via email, they think it is not a big deal.
Last edited by USSGoblin on 06-11-2009 04:28 AM, edited 1 time in total.
Raymond, Cancer Survivor
Founder of The Kids Cancer Tree
and The USS GOBLIN. :)

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-11-2009 11:09 AM

Ole Shep has never forgotten how Faux News abandoned him in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina to die, if necessary, so that it could get its news scoop on the action! And I will never forget the look on his face as he did his job at that time, freely admitting that he was in great personal danger while he reported on what was happening around him. The look was one of withering contempt.
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Linnea

Right Rips Smith for Warning on Right-Wing Violence

Post by Linnea » 06-12-2009 05:02 AM

(Newser) – Conservatives are calling for the head of Shepard Smith after the Fox anchor suggested that the Holocaust Museum shooting backs up a Homeland Security report warning of a rise in right-wing extremism, Gawker reports. Right-wing bloggers labeled Smith a "pompous elitist" and said he should be fired, while Rush Limbaugh tore into the anchor in his radio show yesterday.

"For liberals to now claim that the atmosphere is somehow more violently anti-Obama is simply preposterous," Limbaugh spewed. Smith also drew the wrath of conservatives for saying he had received "more and more frightening" emails from "out-there" right-wing extremists in recent months, including comments on conspiracy theories and questions about President Obama's citizenship status.
Source: Gawker

http://www.newser.com/story/61667/right ... lence.html

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-12-2009 08:55 AM

Poor Shep, he must have come close to the truth for Limburger to be after him.;) Take it as a compliment.

No good deed goes unpunished!
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 06-12-2009 10:55 AM

Obermann showed a clip with Limbargh ranting that the liberals caused the attack on the Holocuast not the right wing.....ok for him to say anything he wants but can't take it when its said about him/them. Guess it's okay that he wants Obama to fail and still spouts out that Obama isn't an American citizen, if anyone should be fired its Limbargh, Hannity, O'Riely. Beck and the likes of them, they are a cancer on this country and incite this kind of behavior.

USSGoblin
Pirate

Post by USSGoblin » 06-12-2009 01:31 PM

Shirleypal wrote: Obermann showed a clip with Limbargh ranting that the liberals caused the attack on the Holocuast not the right wing.....ok for him to say anything he wants but can't take it when its said about him/them. Guess it's okay that he wants Obama to fail and still spouts out that Obama isn't an American citizen, if anyone should be fired its Limbargh, Hannity, O'Riely. Beck and the likes of them, they are a cancer on this country and incite this kind of behavior.

Talk about you being totally wrong (About the Right wing radio peeps), They all stand strong with Israel. None of them ever said take up arms against the Jews, or anyone. Or attack security guards. None of them said Kill Tiller.

Rush also never said Obama was not an American citizen. It originated from some other guy.
Last edited by USSGoblin on 06-12-2009 01:35 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Raymond, Cancer Survivor
Founder of The Kids Cancer Tree
and The USS GOBLIN. :)

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”