Lawsuit Filed Against Obama Claims He's Not Eligible for the

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

whskyfan
Pirate

Lawsuit Filed Against Obama Claims He's Not Eligible for the

Post by whskyfan » 08-23-2008 03:43 PM

Lawsuit Filed Against Obama Claims He's Not Eligible for the Presidency

Philip J. Berg, Esquire, of Pennsylvania filed a lawsuit on Thursday seeking a Declaratory Judgement and Injunction that Barack Obama does not meet the qualifications to become President of the United States. In the lawsuit Berg alleges that Obama is not eligible for the presidency because he is not a naturalized citizen, and/or lost his citizenship when he was adopted in Indonesia, and/or has duel citizenship with Kenya and Indonesia.

Berg said that he has filed the suit on behalf of the Democratic Party and citizens of the United States for their best interests. Berg, an attorney with offices in Montgomery County, PA and an active practice in Philadelphia, filed the lawsuit, Berg vs. Obama, Civil Action No. 08-cv-4083, in Federal Court.

In the filing Berg says:

There have been numerous questions raised about Obama’s background with no satisfactory answers. The questions that I have addressed include, but are not limited to:

1. Where was Obama born? Hawaii; an island off of Hawaii; Kenya; Canada; or ?

2. Was he a citizen of Kenya, Indonesia and/or Canada?

3. What was the early childhood of Obama in Hawaii; in Kenya; in Indonesia when he was adopted; and later, back to Hawaii?

4. An explanation as to the various names utilized by Obama that include: Barack Hussein Obama; Barry Soetoro; Barry Obama; Barack Dunham; and Barry Dunham.

5. Illinois Bar Application – Obama fails to acknowledge use of names other than Barack Hussein Obama, a blatant lie.

If Obama can prove U.S. citizenship, we still have the issue of muti-citizenship with responsibilities owed to and allegance to other countries.

Berg goes on to make very direct accusations against Obama, stating that he "lied and cheated his way into a fraudulent candidacy and cheated legitimately eligible natural born citizens from competing in a fair process."

Interestingly, Obama isn't the only one who's citizenship has been questioned in this election. John McCain's citizenship was also questioned because he was born on a military base in the Panama Canal Zone, which is not a US territory.

The full court filings and claims can be found at ObamaCrimes.com, Berg's website. Philip J. Berg is the former Deputy Attorney General of Pennsylvania, former candidate for Govenor and US Senate in Democratic Primaries, former Chair of the Democratic Party in Montgomery County, and former member of the Democratic State Commitee.

This filing comes less than two weeks after an AP photo was revealed of the school register of a child then known as Barry Soetoro, now known as Barack Hussein Obama, whose citizenship was listed as "Indonesian" and whose religion was listed as "Islam." the photo strongly contradicts the Obama camp's claim that he was not a Muslim, and is said to confirm he is a national of at least one other country. The AP has confirmed the authenticity of the photograph.

Link
1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 704D4P7 70 CH4NG3.
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 08-23-2008 04:10 PM

He attended a Catholic school and then a public school in Indonesia when he was young. His mother was married to an Indonesian by the name of Lolo Soetero. In a country like Indonesia, when you attend a public school, it would be life threatening to not claim to be Muslim. I am sure that's why his mother registered him as a Muslim. A supporter on DKos did a scrapbook of his life and there is info there (she had originally made an error on his HS graduation putting it at 1990 instead of 1980) about his early years.
http://obamascrapbook.com/obama12.htm
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 08-23-2008 04:11 PM

Horse****. Stupid, ignorant republican dip-sticks.

http://www.factcheck.org/mobile/article ... 712&page=1

Born in the U.S.A.

August 21, 2008
The truth about Obama's birth certificate.

Summary

In June, the Obama campaign released a digitally scanned image of his birth certificate to quell speculative charges that he might not be a natural-born citizen. But the image prompted more blog-based skepticism about the document's authenticity. And recently, author Jerome Corsi, whose book attacks Obama, said in a TV interview that the birth certificate the campaign has is "fake."

We beg to differ. FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said.

Analysis
Since we first wrote about Obama's birth certificate on June 16, speculation on his citizenship has continued apace. Some claim that Obama posted a fake birth certificate to his Web page. That charge leaped from the blogosphere to the mainstream media earlier this week when Jerome Corsi, author of a book attacking Obama, repeated the claim in an Aug. 15 interview with Steve Doocy on Fox News.

Corsi: Well, what would be really helpful is if Senator Obama would release primary documents like his birth certificate. The campaign has a false, fake birth certificate posted on their website. How is anybody supposed to really piece together his life?

Doocy: What do you mean they have a "false birth certificate" on their Web site?

Corsi: The original birth certificate of Obama has never been released, and the campaign refuses to release it.

Doocy: Well, couldn't it just be a State of Hawaii-produced duplicate?

Corsi: No, it's a -- there's been good analysis of it on the Internet, and it's been shown to have watermarks from Photoshop. It's a fake document that's on the Web site right now, and the original birth certificate the campaign refuses to produce.

Corsi isn't the only skeptic claiming that the document is a forgery. Among the most frequent objections we saw on forums, blogs and e-mails are:

* The birth certificate doesn't have a raised seal.
* It isn't signed.
* No creases from folding are evident in the scanned version.
* In the zoomed-in view, there's a strange halo around the letters.
* The certificate number is blacked out.
* The date bleeding through from the back seems to say "2007," but the document wasn't released until 2008.
* The document is a "certification of birth," not a "certificate of birth."

Recently FactCheck representatives got a chance to spend some time with the birth certificate, and we can attest to the fact that it is real and three-dimensional and resides at the Obama headquarters in Chicago. We can assure readers that the certificate does bear a raised seal, and that it's stamped on the back by Hawaii state registrar Alvin T. Onaka (who uses a signature stamp rather than signing individual birth certificates). We even brought home a few photographs.

(( please go to above link to see pictures))

You can click on the photos to get full-size versions, which haven't been edited in any way, except that some have been rotated 90 degrees for viewing purposes.

The certificate has all the elements the State Department requires for proving citizenship to obtain a U.S. passport: "your full name, the full name of your parent(s), date and place of birth, sex, date the birth record was filed, and the seal or other certification of the official custodian of such records." The names, date and place of birth, and filing date are all evident on the scanned version, and you can see the seal above.

The document is a "certification of birth," also known as a short-form birth certificate. The long form is drawn up by the hospital and includes additional information such as birth weight and parents' hometowns. The short form is printed by the state and draws from a database with fewer details. The Hawaii Department of Health's birth record request form does not give the option to request a photocopy of your long-form birth certificate, but their short form has enough information to be acceptable to the State Department. We tried to ask the Hawaii DOH why they only offer the short form, among other questions, but they have not given a response.

The scan released by the campaign shows halos around the black text, making it look (to some) as though the text might have been pasted on top of an image of security paper. But the document itself has no such halos, nor do the close-up photos we took of it. We conclude that the halo seen in the image produced by the campaign is a digital artifact from the scanning process.

We asked the Obama campaign about the date stamp and the blacked-out certificate number. The certificate is stamped June 2007, because that's when Hawaii officials produced it for the campaign, which requested that document and "all the records we could get our hands on" according to spokesperson Shauna Daly. The campaign didn't release its copy until 2008, after speculation began to appear on the Internet questioning Obama's citizenship. The campaign then rushed to release the document, and the rush is responsible for the blacked-out certificate number. Says Shauna: "[We] couldn't get someone on the phone in Hawaii to tell us whether the number represented some secret information, and we erred on the side of blacking it out. Since then we've found out it's pretty irrelevant for the outside world." The document we looked at did have a certificate number; it is 151 1961 - 010641.

Some of the conspiracy theories that have circulated about Obama are quite imaginative. One conservative blogger suggested that the campaign might have obtained a valid Hawaii birth certificate, soaked it in solvent, then reprinted it with Obama's information. Of course, this anonymous blogger didn't have access to the actual document and presents this as just one possible "scenario" without any evidence that such a thing actually happened or is even feasible.

We also note that so far none of those questioning the authenticity of the document have produced a shred of evidence that the information on it is incorrect. Instead, some speculate that somehow, maybe, he was born in another country and doesn't meet the Constitution's requirement that the president be a "natural-born citizen."

We think our colleagues at PolitiFact.com, who also dug into some of these loopy theories put it pretty well: "It is possible that Obama conspired his way to the precipice of the world’s biggest job, involving a vast network of people and government agencies over decades of lies. Anything’s possible. But step back and look at the overwhelming evidence to the contrary and your sense of what’s reasonable has to take over."

In fact, the conspiracy would need to be even deeper than our colleagues realized. In late July, a researcher looking to dig up dirt on Obama instead found a birth announcement that had been published in the Honolulu Advertiser on Sunday, Aug. 13, 1961:

The announcement was posted by a pro-Hillary Clinton blogger who grudgingly concluded that Obama "likely" was born Aug. 4, 1961 in Honolulu.
Of course, it's distantly possible that Obama's grandparents may have planted the announcement just in case their grandson needed to prove his U.S. citizenship in order to run for president someday. We suggest that those who choose to go down that path should first equip themselves with a high-quality tinfoil hat. The evidence is clear: Barack Obama was born in the U.S.A.

–by Jess Henig, with Joe Miller
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 08-23-2008 04:16 PM

I listened to about the last half hour, last night, of this jerk (Berg) an he kept saying none of his lawsuit is politically based... He also said that Obama's mother being 18 when she gave birth to Obama in Hawaii made him illegal, insofar as being a legitimate American goes.

Well, if he's not politically motivated, then he's racially challenged.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

whskyfan
Pirate

Post by whskyfan » 08-23-2008 04:57 PM

Berg is a Democrat.
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 08-23-2008 05:21 PM

whskyfan wrote: Berg is a Democrat.
And a Hillary supporter.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

MAD
Pirate

Post by MAD » 08-23-2008 06:01 PM

Rombaldi wrote: Horse****. Stupid, ignorant republican dip-sticks.

and then posted

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Berg is a Democrat.

Let's change that to:

Horse****. Stupid, ignorant democrat dip-sticks. :D
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

whskyfan
Pirate

Post by whskyfan » 08-23-2008 06:15 PM

:D :D :D
-573PH3N H4WK1NG

rumike
Pirate

Post by rumike » 08-23-2008 06:55 PM

whskyfan wrote: Berg is a Democrat.

So is Lieberman. They are both morons if they think these actions will benefit the Dem party or the country by electing McCain.
Anchors Aweigh!

Rombaldi
Call Me "Hussein"

Post by Rombaldi » 08-23-2008 08:55 PM

rumike wrote: So is Lieberman. They are both morons if they think these actions will benefit the Dem party or the country by electing McCain.

Liarberman is about as much a democrate as this moran that is filing the suit. Same for the 'so-called' Hillary PUMA's...

See: Operation Chaos.
Republican - re·pub·li·can (r-pbl-kn) - political party, which will control part of Congress 2011-2012, undermining the strength of the country - on purpose, in public, without apology or shame - simply for a campaign advantage in 2012.

Riddick
Pirate

Think Hanging Chads Were Bad? You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet

Post by Riddick » 08-23-2008 09:23 PM

So far's eligibility for taking office, I wonder now if the issue of McCain having been born in the Panama Canal zone will be revived... and, if so, could it be we'll see the 2008 Presidential race hinging on who is or isn't a REAL American -!? IF IT DOES indeed boil down to THAT - Oh, happy happy joy joy. Just what we need, the prospect of having another election decided by the SCOTUS

I say hey, why take ANY chances... let's all head 'em off & go with who's clearly the Real deal... ;)

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 08-26-2008 02:55 AM

Psychicwolf wrote: And a Hillary supporter.

It always comes back to this huh?

Well, I'm a Hillary supporter as well - and I think these questions about Obama being eligible to serve as President are absolute garbage.

This type of comment simply underscores the sad reality that their will be no "unity" amongst Dems (especially now that the VP lot has been cast), and does absolutely nothing to help Senator Obama.

Still, I expect that we will see Hillary make a truly strong appeal on behalf of Barack Obama, and further, keep a close eye on her during the floor vote. I think she is going to do her best to steer things Obama's way right around the time the NY delegation votes.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 08-26-2008 03:11 AM

Kaz, he WAS a very verbal HRC supporter and steered alot of donations her way. I am sorry, but having been pretty deep into the Party during the 90's, I saw alot of the Clinton machine. I am glad that you found things that you liked about her, and that you supported her. I like to see people involved in the election process in this country instead of mindlessly listening to so called pundits and 8 second sound bites to make their presidential choice, but I calls 'em as I sees 'em and I think HRC could have been more "forceful" in her derision of some of the "dirt" that has been spewed since the nomination was decided.

I understand there have been negotiations about the floor vote and it is sounding like she's going to allow it to go part way and then shut it down so that there will be unanimous vote for BHO. That's good thing. But I am pretty "steely-eyed" when it come to the Clintons.

I am anxiously awaiting her speech tonight and look forward to Bill's speech on Thursday. I am not as rabid a BHO supporter as I once was, please do not think that is why I threw that info out there. But I WILL throw money at the candidate, make phone calls, host cocktail parties, and do whatever is necessary because the alternative is so frightening to me that I simply cannot imagine a McCain victory. I even would have voted for HRC!:D
Last edited by Psychicwolf on 08-26-2008 03:23 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 08-26-2008 03:21 AM

You are more reasonable than many PW.

I think you know what I meant though, that so much of this comes back to accusations about Hillary Clinton. Honestly, there is nothing she could do right now that would satisfy those people. I just don't see how the continued negativity towards Hillary, and her supporters helps Barack Obama in November.

I am just glad I've been able to come to a decision about supporting one of the remaining candidates, albeit tentatively and without much enthusiasm at this point.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 08-26-2008 03:33 AM

If it is McCain, Kaz, I urge you to read this thread:

showthread.php?s=&threadid=35173
and this one:

showthread.php?s=&threadid=35277

and while it's not good to advertise another forum, this one is an economic forum I am fairly active with called "Calculated Risk". Read the comments there and read some of the other Econ blogs that are linked there.

There are things happening in the economic world right now that are truly alarming. We really are on a precipice. McCain's primary economic advisors are Phil Gramm (do the research), Carly Fiorini (she didn't do HP any favors) and other unsavories. McCain understands so little about the economy that these people will ride roughshod over him as far as economic policies go.

Just do some deep research on where we REALLY are as far as the economy, and why this may be the most important election in at least a generation, maybe two. And I am saying this as friend.:)

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”