First Housegate, Now Cargate

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Psychicwolf
Pirate

First Housegate, Now Cargate

Post by Psychicwolf » 08-22-2008 10:24 PM

Poor John McCain (not). First he can't remember how many house he (Cindy) owns and now he doesn't know what he drives. LOL

Flashback: McCain didn’t know what kind of car he drove.»

snip:
"In our News interview, he was asked what kind of car he drove. As with Politico’s question about home ownership, he didn’t know and had to ask a nearby aide. “A Cadillac CTS,” she told him. But then the senator was quick to point out that he had bought his daughter a Prius — the prefect (sic) halo symbol for his green pretensions. […]"

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/22/nro ... -he-drove/
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Bobbi Snow
Pirate

Post by Bobbi Snow » 08-23-2008 12:42 AM

I doubt that he remembers what he ate for breakfast, unless he's written it down, or a campaign colleague remembers.
ImageIf you're still breathing, it's not too late!

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 08-24-2008 09:45 AM

Speaking of Housegate, did you all happen to catch his reply to Katy Courick when she asked him how he could possibly not remember how many homes he owns?

He immediately turned it into a platform to once again praise himself for his military background, and, even went so far as to use his wife's father's military background to justify their good fortune. One of the comments "I spent a number of years without a kitchen table and chair..."

Cheeze.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 08-24-2008 10:01 AM

Shades of Reagan.......sounds like Dementia to me.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-24-2008 11:04 AM

Did you read that Robin Leach, better know for the series "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous", came out to defend McCain....LOL Not so sure that is going to help McCain much :rolleyes:

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-24-2008 11:16 AM

Chickadee wrote: He immediately turned it into a platform to once again praise himself for his military background, and, even went so far as to use his wife's father's military background to justify their good fortune. One of the comments "I spent a number of years without a kitchen table and chair..."

He uses that for everything it’s a great way to shut down the conversation. I have a news flash for McCain, he is not the only POW that this Country has, he is not the only POW that was tortured. Some of our POW’s never came home.

There are too many HOMELESS vets in this Country.
About one-third of the adult homeless population have served their country in the Armed Services. Current population estimates suggest that about 154,000 veterans (male and female) are homeless on any given night and perhaps twice as many experience homelessness at some point during the course of a year. Many other veterans are considered near homeless or at risk because of their poverty, lack of support from family and friends, and dismal living conditions in cheap hotels or in overcrowded or substandard housing.
Right now, the number of homeless male and female Vietnam era veterans is greater than the number of service persons who died during that war -- and a small number of Desert Storm veterans are also appearing in the homeless population. Atlthough many homeless veterans served in combat in Vietnam and suffer from PTSD, at this time, epidemiologic studies do not suggest that there is a causal connection between military service, service in Vietnam, or exposure to combat and homelessness among veterans. Family background, access to support from family and friends, and various personal characteristics (rather than military service) seem to be the stronger indicators of risk of homelessness.
Almost all homeless veterans are male (about three percent are women), the vast majority are single, and most come from poor, disadvantaged backgrounds. Homeless veterans tend to be older and more educated than homeless non-veterans. But similar to the general population of homeless adult males, about 45% of homeless veterans suffer from mental illness and (with considerable overlap) slightly more than 70% suffer from alcohol or other drug abuse problems. Roughly 56% are African American or Hispanic.
http://www1.va.gov/homeless/page.cfm?pg=1

While I respect McCain for his service to his Country I absolutely resent his use of his POW status in this manner.

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 08-24-2008 11:49 AM

While I respect McCain for his service to his Country I absolutely resent his use of his POW status in this manner.

I feel exactly the same. Enough already. What else has he done?

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-25-2008 01:35 AM

Whoops.

John McCain's home count up: Eight

DENVER - Here in the Big Tent of the Democratic Party, they're having no end of fun counting the homes of Republican Sen. John McCain.

The morning news brings word that the count is up: Eight.

Politico.com, which is where this conversation started - when McCain was asked how many homes he owns and he couldn't say - reports that initially it found seven when it made its own count. But now it has found a third condominium owned by the McCains in Phoenix, so that makes eight.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/polit ... p_eig.html

MAD
Pirate

Is that 48 er 50 oh I know I know 57 er no?

Post by MAD » 08-25-2008 12:12 PM

PASS THE KETCHUP

I seem to recall, not too long ago, Obama couldn't remember how many States in the Union........:eek:

Oh, he may have meant to say 57 primaries, but he said "57 States", but you just have to dwell on this.
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-25-2008 12:48 PM

MAD, I think the fact that McCain has no clue, how much it costs to fill a gas tank, how many houses he has shows just how he is out of touch with the rest of us. And yes I will dwell on it and continue to dwell on it. ;)

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 08-25-2008 01:03 PM

I couldn't care less how many houses a Presidential candidate owns. I do care that a candidate knows how many states there are. Actually, I think Obama simply misspoke but it is just as or more relevant as the non-issue of candidate house ownership.
Last edited by racehorse on 08-25-2008 01:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

MAD
Pirate

Post by MAD » 08-25-2008 01:10 PM

I know how much a gallon of gas cost, it's too much.

However, a candidate for President should be able to articulate clearly to Americans,how many States are in our Union.....

I will dwell on that, in fact, consider it pertinate!:eek:
“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle.

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 08-25-2008 02:10 PM

racehorse wrote: I couldn't care less how many houses a Presidential candidate owns.
Those who are loosing their homes will and do care RH. Its very relevent to what is going on in this Country. So we can agree to disagree :)

Edit...one more thing the fact that he continues to lie about it, isn't helpful either. Heard them just this morning say it was only 4 houses again.

lazarus long
Pirate

Post by lazarus long » 08-25-2008 02:41 PM

guys, lets get real.
do you honestly believe that bo DOES NOT KNOW HOW MANY STATES ARE IN THE US? i know, i know, he had the moment during the campaign. i've heard it ad nauseum. do you really believe it more likely that he doesn't know or that he simply misspoke?

if you can't see that there's a huge difference in misspeaking and actually admitting that you don't even know how many houses you own nor what type of new cadillac you're being driven around in, then i don't know what else to say.

MAD
Pirate

BUSH ONCE SAID ABOUT THE CONSTITUTION "IT'S JUST A PIEC

Post by MAD » 08-25-2008 05:07 PM

Let's get real.

We got one candidate that may not be able to remember recent history

and another who may not be able to convey a knowledge American history.:D

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”