Dems Reach Delegate Agreement

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Waverider
Pirate

Post by Waverider » 06-02-2008 11:45 AM

Wow...
This is one reason I rarely read P & G threads...

But this one did catch my eye, so I read it, and sorry that I did.

Too bad.

Are you really ready to retire the FF, Linnea?

I think what is fair for one, should be fair for all...

But we all know this world isn't fair...

jmo

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-02-2008 11:59 AM

IronsGold wrote: To argue that Kaz insulted a post and not the person is a distinction worthy of Bill Clinton.

No, it really isn't. What's with you guys?

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 06-02-2008 12:02 PM

HB3 wrote: No, it really isn't. What's with you guys?

Yes HB, it really is.

Your question is vague. Clarify?

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-02-2008 12:08 PM

It's not vague at all. You're wrong and for some reason you can't see it. I'm not sure what you're so pissed off about.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 06-02-2008 12:16 PM

As perhaps the only Fantastic Forum member who openly and proudly supports John McCain and thinks he will be a truly great President, it should be apparent that I rarely agree with Tiffany politically. In fact, we have always disagreed on almost everything politically. Having said that, I feel she is one of the fairest and most honorable Pirates on this Forum. She has always presented her positions passionately but I feel respectfully and back when I was posting my political thoughts on the ship I always knew Tiffany would not agree with me but would respect my views unlike many other Pirates. She is a good friend and I feel a great Pirate and her suspension is a tragedy.
Last edited by racehorse on 06-02-2008 12:23 PM, edited 1 time in total.
racehorse

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 06-02-2008 12:17 PM

I can see clearly what's happening here, and who is right or wrong is subjective, yes?

I'm not necessarily pissed - this is teh intraweb after all - but I am gonna call a spade a spade.

There is some blatant favoritism on display here. It has been pointed out and futile attempts have been made to justify this practice.

I ain't buying it.

You're a helluvalot smarter than that, HB.

Biker

Ian Anderson

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-02-2008 12:22 PM

Nah, I don't buy into the "right and wrong is subjective" thing. If you reasonably defend an opinion, you're approaching being "right."

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-02-2008 12:22 PM

I can't even believe I am posting in this thread:rolleyes: but here goes...

Every morning I come on the board to see what's hopping here with my favorite people and every morning we have thread like this.:( Not quite this heated but really threads that don't accomplish a whole lot. To me this is an issues driven election if ever there were one. Soooo...the post SL made about the floating prisons???? Down 8 spots. Vigos issues thread???? Down 12.
Really, all the posts about Dem rules and regs and the nominating process really only matter to people like me. A card carrying, check writing, elected delegate Dem like me. Do we appreciate when Independants vote for a Dem candidate? You betcha! But outsider opinion on the arcane (I'll give ya that) nomination process that we have are moot. It is the way we nominate and if you don't like it, register, get active and help make the changes.
The arguments here are not going to change the process but the acrimony here is not healthy. And not going to make one whit of difference in the nom process.
But there are so many issues that are going to determine the direction this country takes, not just for the next 4 years, but for possibly a generation. So I, for one, am more than happy to argue my candidate and my party's case with anyone. We need to do that. And while I hope that BHO gets the nom and I think he will, I will still support Hillary, albeit grudgingly. Bacause even she has to follow the rules of the Democratic Party.
Heading out now to bump the issues back to the top of the P&G.
:D
Last edited by Psychicwolf on 06-02-2008 12:36 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 06-02-2008 12:36 PM

HB3 wrote: Nah, I don't buy into the "right and wrong is subjective" thing. If you reasonably defend an opinion, you're approaching being "right."

I successfully defended my opinion so I guess that makes me "right" by your definition, not that I need your approval.

The evidence is there in plain sight. All of the Johnny Cochran "if it doan fit you mus' acquit" BS in the world can't change that.

Biker

Ian Anderson

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 06-02-2008 12:44 PM

racehorse wrote: As perhaps the only Fantastic Forum member who openly and proudly supports John McCain and thinks he will be a truly great President, it should be apparent that I rarely agree with Tiffany politically. In fact, we have always disagreed on almost everything politically. Having said that, I feel she is one of the fairest and most honorable Pirates on this Forum. She has always presented her positions passionately but I feel respectfully and back when I was posting my political thoughts on the ship I always knew Tiffany would not agree with me but would respect my views unlike many other Pirates. She is a good friend and I feel a great Pirate and her suspension is a tragedy.

By the way, HI RACEHORSE!:D
Hope you'll post more often, after the dust settles. I have to have someone else to argue about McCain with beside's CK. It'll feel like I'm picking on her. But CK and I are Garden buddies, so it will never get personal. I'll just show you guys the error of your ways.;)
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 06-02-2008 12:48 PM

Biker wrote: I successfully defended my opinion so I guess that makes me "right" by your definition, not that I need your approval.

The evidence is there in plain sight. All of the Johnny Cochran "if it doan fit you mus' acquit" BS in the world can't change that.

Biker

Lol!!! Ok, I'm backing out....

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 06-02-2008 12:58 PM

HB3 wrote: Lol!!! Ok, I'm backing out....

Good. I knew that the Johnny Cochran reference would get ya.

Biker:D

Ian Anderson

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 06-02-2008 02:46 PM

Psychicwolf wrote: I can't even believe I am posting in this thread:rolleyes: but here goes...

Really, all the posts about Dem rules and regs and the nominating process really only matter to people like me. A card carrying, check writing, elected delegate Dem like me.

PW, I like ya. I really do - sister of the north. But for many reasons, which I will not expound on here, in this sad thread, on this sad day for the Fantastic Forum, I do not like what you've posted.

Quite frankly, I find your comments to be demeaning, arrogant and... embarrassing. I'm embarrassed for you, dear PW.

Yes, PW, you've made it abundantly clear -many times over now- that you are a delegate.

Congratulations? :confused:
Last edited by Shimmering Auro on 06-02-2008 02:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

joequinn
Magister Ludi

Post by joequinn » 06-02-2008 02:56 PM

Agreement? What agreement? I finally got a chance to hear the remarks of that old white feminist racist in Manhattan. She made it quite clear that Obama was (1) a man, a dirty, filthy, stinking man, (2) an inadequate man, one who couldn't even satisfy a woman, and (3) an inadequate black man, which caps the trifecta. And I will never forget her last screeching words: "John McCain will be the next President of the United States."

Need I say more? Agreement? What agreement?

Get ready for Cap'n Jack in five months!
"Fuggedah about it, Jake --- it's Chinatown!"

Shimmering Auro
Pirate

Post by Shimmering Auro » 06-02-2008 03:35 PM

whskyfan wrote: I have to say I agree with IronsGold. The rules are a necessity everyone has to live with and they should be applied straight across the board.

I also agree with majda.

:(

As do I

:(
shimmeringaurora(at)yahoo(dot)com

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”