Why We Need A Pres. Tough On Immigration

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

SETIsLady
Pirate

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why We Need A Pres. Tough On Immigration

Post by SETIsLady » 05-26-2008 05:03 PM

Biker wrote: Cooooold, Miss Lady - downright frosty!

Biker:D
Just trying to have a little fun today :D

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 05-26-2008 05:18 PM

vrpodpilot wrote: I think it's topical to remind all, that Mexico is controlled by a few, while the many live in extreme poverty. Mexico's elite accomplished this take over and control, by making firearms illegal. The Mexican people will not fight against armed injustice, when they can easily cross the border to provide for their families.

I believe this also. We have, in fact, become an enabler of corruption, injustice, and crime in Mexico, and we are paying dire consequences for so doing.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 05-26-2008 05:33 PM

vrpodpilot wrote: How many billions of times do I have to tell you people: in the eyes of the people who truly run this country, you are nothing more than a filthy, dirty, sweaty, ugly --- and totally disposable --- wetback. And you always have been...

Spoken Like a True American Aristocrat!

More like an intellectual anarchist. ;)

Read Joe with an eye for sarcasm, lots of it. My intellectual hide has been rubbed raw over the years and I'm only just getting to the tip of the ice berg. :D

Biker, I am of two minds here. Kind of like queen Elizabeth. (Don't read too much into that ;)). On one hand I am very compassionate about the plight of others and feel we need to do what we can for those in need. Yet I feel that we need to take care of our problems and limiting access to our country may help us do this.

Tough love. Limiting access may cause those that would take the easy way out to face their oppressors and maybe change may occur to the south.

Ron Paul in 2012, right Biker. ;)
Last edited by vigo on 05-26-2008 05:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 05-26-2008 05:39 PM

vigo wrote: On one hand I am very compassionate about the plight of others and feel we need to do what we can for those in need. Yet I feel that we need to take of our problems and limiting access to our country may help us do this.

Tough love. Limiting access may cause those that would take the easy way out to face their oppressors and maybe change may occur to the south.

Ron Paul in 2012, right Biker. ;)

Yes, yes, and yes!!! :)
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-26-2008 08:14 PM

majda wrote: I believe this also. We have, in fact, become an enabler of corruption, injustice, and crime in Mexico, and we are paying dire consequences for so doing.

And on top of that we are financing Mexico's economy both by the billons that are sent there by illegals and our Administration handing them another few billion a year. The Cartels are putting the money that our Admin gives the government in their pockets so the money the illegals make is what's feeding the Mexicans in Mexico. All to the glee of the ptb in Mexico.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 05-27-2008 02:20 AM

tiffany wrote: And on top of that we are financing Mexico's economy both by the billons that are sent there by illegals and our Administration handing them another few billion a year. The Cartels are putting the money that our Admin gives the government in their pockets so the money the illegals make is what's feeding the Mexicans in Mexico. All to the glee of the ptb in Mexico.

Yup! I'd forgotten about that! Thank you. :)

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-27-2008 02:37 AM

Mexico is a failed state. The only thing that's keeping it going is the safety valve to the north. The most amusing proposal I've read to deal with this suggested the invasion and occupation of Mexico. That's a beautifully offensive concept in so many ways.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 05-27-2008 03:40 AM

HB3 wrote: Mexico is a failed state. The only thing that's keeping it going is the safety valve to the north.

I may be loosing my mind, but once again, I have to agree with you... :D

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 05-27-2008 06:50 AM

... I am of two minds here. Kind of like queen Elizabeth. (Don't read too much into that ). On one hand I am very compassionate about the plight of others and feel we need to do what we can for those in need. Yet I feel that we need to take care of our problems and limiting access to our country may help us do this. ...

Sums up how I feel about this issue as well. I find it difficult to think rationally about the problems without feeling like it smacks of prejudice against illegal immigrants.

Ever the cockeyed-optimist, dreamer, I wish there was enough money to take care of everyone. And yet, I would still want to see my own country men and women cared for first and foremost, even at the expense of others.

See? I am an emotional thinker.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-27-2008 09:44 AM

Chickadee wrote: without feeling like it smacks of prejudice against illegal immigrants.

First welcome:)

It's not that people are prejudice. It's that people do not want people illegally entering our Country. There is nothing prejudice about that. We cannot illegally enter Mexico or any other country without severe repercussions. Why is it that our country must carry the expensive load of another country's citizens to our citizens detriment. Prejudiced is a separate issue from the issue of illegal entry. If you are purple in color and you enter our country illegally, it is not because you are purple that people are upset but it is because you have entered illegally. This issue that you must be racist or prejudice because you do not want people to enter illegally and take advantage of our resources is just amazing to me.

Biker
Pirate

Post by Biker » 05-27-2008 09:56 AM

Chickadee wrote: Sums up how I feel about this issue as well. I find it difficult to think rationally about the problems without feeling like it smacks of prejudice against illegal immigrants.

I am prejudiced against illegals of all colors and for good reason - they're illegal.

Biker
"Bring me my broadsword and clear understanding".

Ian Anderson

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 05-27-2008 10:25 AM

ILLEGAL is just that -- not legal.

I have nothing against LEGAL immigrants.

Should we increase legal green card worker totals - yes, but those legal green cards should be done in such a manner they cannot be duplicated and are limited to specific jobs where such work is required.

There is nothing racist about being against ILLEGALS. Illegals come from numerous countries, granted most are Mexicans who have the place-card holder babies who are now grown adults who come to the USA and then bring in all their ILLEGAL family groups. That too should be addressed.

Chickadee
Pirate

Post by Chickadee » 05-27-2008 04:31 PM

Please understand, I wasn't saying any of you are prejudiced. I was talking about my own feelings.

It smacks of prejudisim for me, my own personal feeling. And yet, I agree that enough is enough.

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 05-27-2008 06:02 PM

Chickadee wrote: Please understand, I wasn't saying any of you are prejudiced. I was talking about my own feelings.

It smacks of prejudisim for me, my own personal feeling. And yet, I agree that enough is enough.

:) I feel your pain my new pirate friend. It is not an easy situation we are confronted with.
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-27-2008 06:07 PM

Chickadee wrote: Please understand, I wasn't saying any of you are prejudiced. I was talking about my own feelings.

Agreed Chickadee, it also smacks of prejudsim to me.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”