A co-chair of Clinton's Hispanic council endorses Obama

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

tiffany
Pirate

A co-chair of Clinton's Hispanic council endorses Obama

Post by tiffany » 05-24-2008 11:23 PM

WASHINGTON — A California congressman who is co-chair of Hillary Clinton's National Hispanic Leadership Council has defected and pledged his support to Barack Obama, Clinton's rival for the Democratic presidential nomination.

The defection came as a new poll showed that Obama would handily defeat John McCain in California in November_ and do so by a larger margin than Clinton would.

U.S. Rep. Dennis Cardoza, whom Clinton named to his Hispanic leadership post in December, shortly after Cardoza announced he would support her for the nomination, announced he was switching sides on Friday.

"I believe that Senator Obama will inevitably be our party's nominee for president," Cardoza, a Democrat from Merced, in the San Joaquin Valley, said.

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/38429.html

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 05-24-2008 11:51 PM

Cardoza will bring another thirty-nine with him. This is the Hispanic power group in CA.
His statement:
"This is the most important election of my lifetime. While I continue to greatly respect and admire Senator Clinton and feel she has made history with her campaign, I believe that Senator Obama will inevitably be our party’s nominee for President. He has proven himself to be a thoughtful, knowledgeable, and inspirational leader and will take America in a new direction, which we desperately need.

"The Bush Administration has been a huge disappointment. Mr. McCain, while certainly an American hero, represents more of the same failed Bush policies.

"I am deeply concerned about the contentious primary campaign and controversy surrounding the seating of delegates from Florida and Michigan – two states Democrats need to win in November. I will not support changing the rules in the fourth quarter of this contest through some convoluted DNC rules committee process. Yet, we must find a resolution to seat the Michigan and Florida delegates so these states’ voters are represented at the Convention. I believe we need to avoid this potentially divisive situation by uniting behind one nominee and bringing the party together immediately. Therefore, I have made the decision to support Senator Obama at the Democratic Convention in my role as a super delegate."
http://ruralvotes.com/thefield/?p=1258
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”