Obama Abandons 'Presumption of Good Faith'

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-24-2008 10:45 PM

SETIsLady wrote: Tiff, he was in Sunrise, FL at the Bank Atlantic center just outside of Ft Lauderdale. I wasn't a typo on my part.

I know lol.......I know I saw his gaffe..just throwing out a lil humor...well trying to...:D

SETIsLady
Pirate

Post by SETIsLady » 05-24-2008 10:47 PM

tiffany wrote: I know lol.......I know I saw his gaffe..just throwing out a lil humor...well trying to...:D
k, my bad !

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-24-2008 10:48 PM

SETIsLady wrote: k, my bad !

No I should have said I was referring to HB's comment you quoted..my bad...he was in the Sunshine state that's what Obama meant.....:D

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-24-2008 10:52 PM

"It's good to be in Sunshine"...the campaign is getting long for both of them....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oS5T4W0XZRE

vigo
Chief Swabbie

Post by vigo » 05-24-2008 10:58 PM

Okay Tiff, I opened the thread. We shall see. :)
Well, better late than never, I suppose... Joe Quinn. ;)

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-24-2008 11:05 PM

tiffany wrote: I have not bashed her. I have state my feelings on what I have seen of her not what the media has said. You certainly have a right to your opinion as do I.

Right........... :rolleyes:
Originally posted by tiffany
He could have related to this situation the way Hillary would have with attacks, insults and the like but he does not operate the way she does. That is the difference. The way each carries themselves gives the people an opportunity to feel a certain way about either one of them. Obama had done a much better job coming acrossed with more class then both Clintons IMO.
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-24-2008 11:07 PM

Linnea wrote: Obama was never slammed regarding Reverend Wright. Especially by Keith Olbermann and his ilk in the MSM. There is a glaring difference in coverage of the candidates. Advantage Obama.

Advantage Obama indeed.

Last week I listened to the media go on and on about how the Kennedy's were "passing the Kennedy torch" to Barack Obama. They spoke glowingly about the support of Ted Kennedy, as well as Patrick Kennedy.

Now, we have this new issue about Hillary Clinton's remarks about RFK, and we have heard nothing but outrage.

Well, has the mainstream media been heavily reporting the statement of Robert Kennedy Jr. on this topic - I would imagine his, more than most would be a voice we would want to hear on this topic......... no?

Robert Kennedy Jr, said it was “clear from the context that Hillary was invoking a familiar political circumstance in order to support her decision to stay in the race through June. I have heard her make this reference before, also citing her husband’s 1992 race, both of which were hard fought through June. I understand how highly charged the atmosphere is, but I think it is a mistake for people to take offense.”

Wall Street Journal - Wire Report
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-24-2008 11:53 PM

Jr is a Clinton supporter:rolleyes: back atcha

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-25-2008 12:07 AM

tiffany wrote: Jr is a Clinton supporter:rolleyes: back atcha

You say in other posts that this issue is deadly serious, yet, as your post clearly indicates, in reality, this is a big game to you, isn't it?

I think the term "hypocrite" applies.

You claim to care so much about this horrible comment, yet diminish the words of Robert Kennedy Jr. because he happens to support Hillary Clinton??? Did you see what his name was Tiffany?

You don't care one bit about how this comment might have been received by the Kennedy family - that much is obvious.

Further, my point about the statement of Robert Kennedy Jr. was with regards to how the media is playing this whole issue in a very calculated way. I notice you have no response to that....... Perhaps that's because Keith Olbermann hasn't touched on the point of media treatment yet...........
Last edited by Kaztronic on 05-25-2008 12:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.

HB3

Post by HB3 » 05-25-2008 12:21 AM

You know what else it is? There's no "truth" any more -- only spin.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 05-25-2008 12:24 AM

HB3 wrote: You know what else it is? There's no "truth" any more -- only spin.

You said a mouth full HB3.:(

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 05-25-2008 01:00 AM

Kaztronic wrote: You say in other posts that this issue is deadly serious, yet, as your post clearly indicates, in reality, this is a big game to you, isn't it?

I think the term "hypocrite" applies.

You claim to care so much about this horrible comment, yet diminish the words of Robert Kennedy Jr. because he happens to support Hillary Clinton??? Did you see what his name was Tiffany?

You don't care one bit about how this comment might have been received by the Kennedy family - that much is obvious.

Further, my point about the statement of Robert Kennedy Jr. was with regards to how the media is playing this whole issue in a very calculated way. I notice you have no response to that....... Perhaps that's because Keith Olbermann hasn't touched on the point of media treatment yet...........

I have already stated why I thought the media was the way they were re: Clinton.

The fact that he is a Kennedy is not why he stated what he stated. He stated it because that is what he thought and he is a Clinton supporter.

You called me dishonest in another thread. I have not called you any names. You are a a baiter and an attacker.

majda
Pirate

Post by majda » 05-25-2008 01:12 AM

Kaztronic wrote:

It amazes me that all three of these candidates continue to get a free pass from the media on the issues that are truly the most important issues facing our nation.

In my opinion, this election has been an exercise for the media to determine just how powerful they can be in determining the outcome of an election. The coverage has indeed been distracting, and it is leaving the mass majority of the American public unaware of where the candidates actually stand on any real issues that may be important to them.

You and I may disagree on which candidate we support Majda, but at least we are both well informed about our candidates, and making our decisions based upon that information. The people here, and elsewhere who are aware of the issues, and are doing their own research are sadly a tiny minority of the overall electorate. I have been more and more sickened watching the likes of Keith Olbermann (whom I used to enjoy), Chris Matthews, and Tim Russert. They are just about openly campaigning for a candidate, and it's frankly disgusting to see on a major news network. Something is very wrong when Pat Buchanan of all people comes across as the most reasonable, balanced, and open-minded person on MSNBC. Rush Limbaugh coined the term "ditto-head", and he had it right. That is the type of impact a broadcast "journalist" can have on the American public. The media has a responsibility to report the news, not to become emotionally involved in creating and molding it to meet their own needs and pre-determined message.

Sadly Kaz, yes... The media is electing this president. :( God, I wish people could see what's going on!

Oh, and my 'candidate' was pushed out long before these three were served up for our perusal. ;)
Last edited by majda on 05-25-2008 01:15 AM, edited 1 time in total.
"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government -- lest it come to dominate our lives and interests." ~ Patrick Henry

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-25-2008 01:37 AM

majda wrote: Sadly Kaz, yes... The media is electing this president. :( God, I wish people could see what's going on!

Oh, and my 'candidate' was pushed out long before these three were served up for our perusal. ;)

Out of curiosity, who was your candidate? Mine was Chris Dodd, he really impressed me, and during debates, he spoke to issues, and didn't aim for the "popular" answer. It is so incredibly unfortunate, and ultimately damaging to our country that the media decides in advance who to eliminate from contention.

As far as people "seeing what is going on" is concerned, sometimes I envy their ignorance. They don't want to know what is going on, they are too busy texting in votes to reality TV shows, and reading up on celebrity "news" at TMZ.

Kaztronic

Post by Kaztronic » 05-25-2008 02:23 AM

tiffany wrote:

You called me dishonest in another thread. I have not called you any names. You are a a baiter and an attacker.

Hypocrite is not a "name" Tiffany. A hypocrite is a person who acts in contradiction to their stated beliefs and feelings.

It happens to fit your post as regards the eye rolling "Back atcha" bit in comparison to your other posts about how serious an issue this is, how "none of this is funny".

Oh, and finally, regarding name-calling, and my suggesting you were dishonest, remember this? :eek:
tiffany wrote: You are stalking again. You need medication for that obessive complusive problem of yours.

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”