Obama Backers Urge Clinton to Exit if She Loses (March 4th)

Archive. Enter at your own risk. Unmoderated thread.

Moderator: Super Moderators

drnewel
Pirate

re: drop out of the election

Post by drnewel » 03-05-2008 08:46 AM

It looks like Obama has to drop out of the election. Although FF is highly influencial, it does not make for somehow controlling the election or delegates. Likely our opionions are simply a good measure of datum in the body electorium.
Dr. Newel

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 03-05-2008 03:51 PM

Kaztronic wrote: On this point about whether or not Hillary Clinton should withdraw from the Democratic primary, I personally do not think that she should for one solitary moment. Not until Hillary cannot win the nomination. Tonight Senator Clinton spoke on stage and pointed out that the nation has not finished speaking yet, millions have yet to have their voices heard, and I think she is right.

Let the voters finish speaking.
For a trailing candidate to stick with it provided there's still a chance of winning the nomination, I'll say IS an effort certainly not without its merits... especially to the extent that those people that have yet to vote (or have their votes count!) should have a say

That all said, had Obama roundingly & royally stuck it to Hillary big time across-the-board in yesterday's contests, it's within my ken that beyond any calls for closure from the Obama camp, we'd start hearing some up-to-now neutral senior Democratic party officials making noises about how a certain someone might want to consider, for the sake of the party's fall prospects, the merits of falling on their sword at an appropriate time and juncture (...that is, sooner rather than later...)

While it's true that regardless of any & all twists and turns ahead, Valhalla DOES await one of the campaigns, the fact remains in the (s)election process, it AIN'T over 'til the Fat Lady sings... that being when someone cinches the nomination...

In the meanwhile for voters it's pretty clear to me that, while some HAVE spoken, some DO have to FINISH speaking; BUT beyond that whereas some folks have NOT yet BEGUN to speak, some have absolutely NO intention to speak up OR out, so to speak;

And last but not least, there's some people that have already heard MORE than enough all-around & are filled to their ears, electorally speaking... as to that, personally, in the eight months before it's all said & done? I'm hoping I don't go thru TOO many barf bags!

Bluespark
Pirate

Re: re: drop out of the election

Post by Bluespark » 03-05-2008 08:12 PM

drnewel wrote: It looks like Obama has to drop out of the election. Although FF is highly influencial, it does not make for somehow controlling the election or delegates. Likely our opionions are simply a good measure of datum in the body electorium.

Obama leads in Delegates, popular vote, and Superdelegate count.

Why would he drop out of the election????

drnewel
Pirate

Re: superdelegates

Post by drnewel » 03-06-2008 02:26 AM

Hillary Clinton has more superdelegates, while Obama has more popular delegates.

This process will tear apart the Democratic Party to FUBAR proportions.

I don't like the way people use the terms like Narcissism to group all behavior of show business together in to a somehow psychological dissorder. Narcissism has very strict guidelines to diagnose by a licensed Psychologist. There is a cure for the discomfort, and it does not involve inflicting pain on the victims.

In the back room dealing of who can bring what to the bargaining table: who can bring what assest to what?

Obama is about ready to be indicted.
Dr. Newel

Bluespark
Pirate

Re: Re: superdelegates

Post by Bluespark » 03-06-2008 12:01 PM

drnewel wrote:
Obama is about ready to be indicted.

Wow, you Clinton Collaborators are true gems of enjoyment.

Please provide proof of this................

Bluespark
Pirate

Post by Bluespark » 03-06-2008 12:05 PM

Oh, and speaking of fraud and trials.......

Clintons to face fraud trial.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php? ... geId=56868

tiffany
Pirate

Oh my! Wonder if this is true....wow..from above link..

Post by tiffany » 03-06-2008 12:29 PM

"Paul points out the Rosen trial established his contention that he personally gave more than $1.2 million to Clinton's campaign and that his contributions intentionally were hidden from the public and the Federal Election Commission.

Rosen, accused of concealing Paul's in-kind contribution of more than $1 million, was acquitted, but Paul contends the Clinton staffer was a scapegoat. Paul points out chief Clinton spokesman Howard Wolfson told the Washington Post he was aware of the donation, yet he never was called as a witness in the Rosen trial.

Paul contends his case will expose "the institutional culture of corruption embraced by the Clinton leadership of the Democratic Party," which seeks to attain "unaccountable power for the Clintons at the expense of the rule of law and respect "

This would be terrible to the Clintons if this was true.

tiffany
Pirate

Found these sites Not sure of their validity

Post by tiffany » 03-06-2008 12:47 PM

Last edited by tiffany on 03-06-2008 12:52 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Kaztronic

Re: Re: re: drop out of the election

Post by Kaztronic » 03-06-2008 01:17 PM

Bluespark wrote: Obama leads in Delegates, popular vote, and Superdelegate count.

To use your own words: "Please provide proof of this".

Delegates, popular vote, and specifically superdelegates. Please provide a source for your information as it contradicts the major news networks...........

According to CNN.com, as of today Hillary Clinton has 238 pledged superdelegates and Barack Obama has 199 pledged superdelegates. Senator Obama has closed the gap in this category, but has not yet overtaken Senator Clinton's lead in pledged superdelegates. CBS has it at 232 to 198 in favor of Hillary Clinton and the Associated Press has it at 242 to 207, again in favor of Hillary Clinton.................. How can this be???

In the interest of accuracy Senator Obama does however hold a commanding lead in elected delegates which Senator Clinton will have enormous difficulty catching up with (Senator Obama should stretch that lead if he wins as expected in Wyoming and Mississippi), and Senator Obama still holds the lead in the popular vote, although that is supposedly the easier hurdle for Senator Clinton to overcome mathematically - and absolutely critical to any argument she may make to bring additional superdelegates over to her side.

According to CNN.com as of today Senator Obama leads with 1,520 total delegates. Hillary Clinton trails by 96 delegates with 1,424 total delegates.

The Associated Press has it as Obama 1,567 total delegates to Hillary Clinton's 1,462 total delegates.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/
Image "You'll get used to my babbling, all the others have." - Anna Madrigal from "Tales Of The City" by Armistead Maupin

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 03-06-2008 02:14 PM

I noticed that everyone's totals are different...here's an email I got from the Obama campaign. Excerpts of the email below:

Our projections show the most likely outcome of yesterday's elections will be that Hillary Clinton gained 187 delegates, and we gained 183.

That's a net gain of 4 delegates out of more than 370 delegates available from all the states that voted.

For comparison, that's less than half our net gain of 9 delegates from the District of Columbia alone. It's also less than our net gain of 8 from Nebraska, or 12 from Washington State. And it's considerably less than our net gain of 33 delegates from Georgia.

The task for the Clinton campaign yesterday was clear. In order to have a plausible path to the nomination, they needed to score huge delegate victories and cut into our lead.

excerpt:

The chatter among pundits may have gotten better for the Clinton campaign after last night, but by failing to cut into our lead, the math -- and their chances of winning -- got considerably worse.

Today, we still have a lead of more than 150 delegates, and there are only 611 pledged delegates left to win in the upcoming contests.

By a week from today, we will have competed in Wyoming and Mississippi. Two more states and 45 more delegates will be off the table.

Thank you,

David

David Plouffe
Campaign Manager
Obama for America

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 03-06-2008 07:50 PM

I just looked at this video and at the end of it Hillary is thanking him for the fundraiser. Wonder if this will come out that the courts are going to hear this in the fall.

http://www.hillcap.org/

drnewel
Pirate

Told You So

Post by drnewel » 03-06-2008 11:01 PM

They should have never undertaken this. Now it is split exactly right down the center.

Blacks will achieve racial equality in 2025, that is when they will have their justice. Perhaps the dream of waging justice won't be as they have dreamed when it is discovered that The Whites are not the enemy. Now may not be the time for this.

Instead it is the Dems worst nightmare. A Naval Commander will take charge of the Government of the United States of America.

He is at least a good Naval Commander.

There were some Naval Officers whom were selling slaves of the enlisted women, in the gulf in the 1990's. The Saudis enjoyed the slightly obese women.

Unless something happens the election is a mute point.
Dr. Newel

Return to “Politics and Government 2004-2009”