Yet Another Update!

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-08-2006 11:42 PM

Wow Cherry what a great idea, I am still trying to imagine Art living in a high rise after being in the Desert that he loves so much. Yeah Art Hawaii would be great.

Linnea

Post by Linnea » 07-09-2006 12:23 AM

Hmmmmm. Don't know if Art would want to leave the Philippines - if he could not get the broadcasting to work. Probably Airyn would not want Art to be unable to be involved in the other love of his life - radio. Maybe Airyn would have something to say about that.

You never know, but I doubt very much Art's broadcast career is over.

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-09-2006 12:26 AM

I agree Linnea, he more than likely flustrated right now like the rest of us.

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 07-09-2006 12:35 AM

Art listen to Linnea..........wait til the 28th 29th.........and what about Hawaii you would still be close enough to visit Airyn's family and have the show............also I think she may have never been in the U.S. A trip for her to find out what it's really like might change her mind. You are capable financially to let her see her family many times a year.

I know you love Pahrump, but if Airyn will come here you might settle some of the time in a more tropical scene. Maybe Santa Barabara and Pahrump...........and then there is Hawaii.........There is a way..............Airyn needs to know what she is missing too by those trips you talked about taking.

Don't you give up on radio..........no.......no......nada!!!

Airyn must know ...............and understand......you love radio.....and hamming...........she would be very happy I'm sure if you shared places to live...you certainly could go and come from the Phillipines. It takes a little time to get used to a move but when you do.........it gives you so much more perspective on the world. Airyn should have that opportunity.

Go Art...........go!!!
Last edited by tiffany on 07-09-2006 12:46 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Fish
Pirate

Post by Fish » 07-09-2006 01:22 AM

hi all, isn't there a 6 months guarantine period for cats going into Hawaii?? Cheerio!!

Ken 24-7
Pirate

Post by Ken 24-7 » 07-09-2006 01:45 AM

If it turns out that Art is unable to broadcast from his dwelling in Manila, and he calls it a career as a result, he will have finally given up everything -- everything -- for his new wife.

He'd better love her that much to make that kind of decision. And she'd better understand that implicitly.
"You never had a camera in my head."
-- Jim Carrey, 'The Truman Show' (1998)

Shirleypal
Pirate

Post by Shirleypal » 07-09-2006 01:46 AM

Tinkerbell
Pirate

Post by Tinkerbell » 07-09-2006 02:27 AM

SETIsLady wrote:
Your post almost sounded like a farewell, I hope that is not the case, you have many devoted fans that have been craving the real original C2C, the one and only Art Bell !!!

Hi Art & Airyn,
I got the same feeling that SETIsLady did, when I read your post. I got the feeling that the things you wrote were things you wanted us all to know, in case you aren't able to do the show anymore. It seems to me like that's what you feel could very well happen and you're dealing with the possibility of it.

I pray that you are wrong and along with the other pirates, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. IT WILL ALL WORK OUT FINE and you'll be on the air again soon, try not to lose faith in that, ok?

We are all here waiting patiently (ok, sometimes a little IMpatiently;) ) for your return. I know it will happen soon.

'Bye for now,
Wendie
Tinkerbell ^..^

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious
- Albert Einstein

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 07-09-2006 02:47 AM

Art, you don't have a profession, you have a calling, my friend. It's what you were meant to do. A true calling tugs on our souls, and we can't rest until we answer it. Art Bell without radio? Unthinkable! Not good for you, not good for your marriage, and not good for us. Your job is far from done, and we need you now and in the days to come, just as you need us.

We're sending you mind blasts to get this to work out for you where you are, but if it doesn't, go to plan B, plan C, and so on. You need it, we need it, and Airyn may not know it, but she needs it too. Doing what you love will give you extra years and extra happiness to share with your lovely bride. Hang in there, and know that we're hanging in there with you. We're not giving up, so don't you either.

Calling Art Bell... look at those lovely radio towers, that dish, that super studio setup -- it's in your blood, Art. Do what you need to do. Let us know how we can help and we're right here for you.

We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

turtle03
Pirate

Post by turtle03 » 07-09-2006 02:55 AM

Art,

I feel encouraged that you will get a good ISDN line working. If for whatever reason it doesn't work out, please also look into some good broadcast quality audio over IP hardware. I'm not in broadcasting, but I did some searching around and found this:

AudioTX STL-IP "Professional Audio over IP for STL, Program Distribution and Live Studio connectivity over IP networks and the Internet..."

http://www.stl-ip.com/

And also a good review of the hardware here:

http://beradio.com/codecs/radio_audio_tx_stlip/

I'm sure there's probably other broadcast quality solutions out there too, that would work with your broadband connection in your condo.

Please check into it!

I believe things will work out for you, Art. Take care, and stay positive. I believe thoughts create things in our lives.

Art, I'll send this to your email address, also, along with some additional words of encouragement. I hope you'll be able to read it, though I know you must get so many emails.

Iris
Pirate

Post by Iris » 07-09-2006 03:15 AM

We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. B. Franklin

Conspiracy Theorist
Pirate

Post by Conspiracy Theorist » 07-09-2006 04:25 AM

Keep in mind that if Art did decide to return to the states, he couldn't do it quickly unless he came alone. Immigration works very slow these days, and it could take up to a couple of years to get Airyn approved.

He could have had a satellite uplink had he not chosen to live in a highrise, but he probably felt it to be a more secure environment.

cherry
Pirate

Hawaii

Post by cherry » 07-09-2006 07:32 AM

Linnea wrote: Cherry...that is an amazing idea. ;)

Thanks, Linnea. Art is a pretty special guy! :o

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 07-09-2006 11:18 AM

Art & Airyn

Hang tight things will work out. Patience is one of those virtues we all have to deal with - in spite of the time involved and the frustrations - and oh have there been a number of those.

Have you considered SKYPE? Talk (might still be rumor stages) says that they have a way of eliminating some of that white noise problem -- will see. Got a friend in Indonesia using it - very clear but yes she still has a few problems when weahter is bad, but for most part its not a lot of problem, so maybe?

Can't begin to express how much we ALL miss you being on airways.
All the best from the middle of lower 48 - fly over country...
CK

tiffany
Pirate

Post by tiffany » 07-09-2006 12:21 PM

Conspiracy Theorist wrote: Keep in mind that if Art did decide to return to the states, he couldn't do it quickly unless he came alone. Immigration works very slow these days, and it could take up to a couple of years to get Airyn approved.

If that was the case, maybe he could buy a home in Hawaii, where he could fly to on the weekends to broadcast. Then stay in Manila during the week. Airyn could go with him to Hawaii as a visitor on weekends, until immigration is settled. That way the immigration process could take it's course plus any other delays. They could be in two paradise's....And isn't Airyn's sister in the U.S. or will be as Carl lives here?...........just some ideas, that's all.........but there has to be a way.

Art we as Pirates will stand together with you,

When the tough get going there is nothing stopping us. We are all the same as far as getting things done........Art we are creatures of the night, as you are.........we can together make it happen. Many options are afoot. CHEER UP ART!!! That's better! Now let's get to work on all that there is to do!

Kathy/Sonora
Last edited by tiffany on 07-09-2006 02:32 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Art Bell Archive”