Big Foot.........Human?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Big Foot.........Human?

Post by Doka » 11-27-2012 10:33 AM

This was on C2C the other night. Dr Melba Ketchum has been working 5 years on DNA of Bigfoot and has concluded that Bigfoot has the DNA of a human mother and a who knows what father. The Sequence has not been released , yet. With a human mother, it would make Bigfoot a human. This is just the DNA, it brings to mind, lots and lots of questions!

I find this fascinating and probably true. But I also understand that people in general are more comfortable believing they are related to monkeys than probably a Bigfoot, IMO. Here is some reading material if you feel so inclined.

http://www.dnadiagnostics.com/staff.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2012/11/prweb10166775.htm

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/home.html

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-27-2012 12:04 PM

George Knapp is great, isn't he? I love when he's hosting - reminds me of Art's subject matter........ but that;s anoter issue.

I loved this show - fascinating and the ramifications if borne out are staggering. I read the releases George posted and it makes you wonder.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-28-2012 01:45 PM

hrm... don't you need to catch or find a dead bigfoot in order to do DNA sequencing?

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-28-2012 04:14 PM

Hi Fan, Hair follicles will do. I don't think you have to be dead for DNA sequencing or we wouldn't be doing so much DNA testing as in paternity testing and etc. "Sequencing", is simply put, the steps and findings that lead to a conclusion.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 11-28-2012 04:38 PM

Doka wrote: Hi Fan, Hair follicles will do. I don't think you have to be dead for DNA sequencing or we wouldn't be doing so much DNA testing as in paternity testing and etc. "Sequencing", is simply put, the steps and findings that lead to a conclusion.

OK but with just hair how would you possibly know it was from bigfoot? You find a tuft of hair in the woods and assume it must be bigfoot? :) Just sayin. I saw a blood patch in the winter woods one year, I did not take a sample assuming it was from BF. Could be, but doing DNA on a sample of unknown origin is kind of futile unless you have DNA from a known bigfoot against which to compare it.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 11-28-2012 08:21 PM

Fan wrote: OK but with just hair how would you possibly know it was from bigfoot? You find a tuft of hair in the woods and assume it must be bigfoot? :) Just sayin. I saw a blood patch in the winter woods one year, I did not take a sample assuming it was from BF. Could be, but doing DNA on a sample of unknown origin is kind of futile unless you have DNA from a known bigfoot against which to compare it.

Whatever it was, it's half human (mother's side) and half something else (father's side)...........

That in and of itself is fairly bizarre......

In any event, the official report will be an interesting read, especially if the research has been peer reviewed and vetted as discussed in the show.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-29-2012 12:44 PM

Re:Post #5

Hi Fan, I am sure that they went through a good share known animal hair, through the process of elimination. Not being a geneticist, I don't know the particulars, but I would think that areas where bf was sighted, would have been gone over thoroughly to obtain a sample. In this case only half of the DNA is futile, it did contain the human female DNA, the unknown father's DNA is not in the system. I'm sure that is one of the reasons it takes so long, they run the DNA against every Known DNA they have in the system, must be millions of known stuff. I saw somewhere how mothers DNA would make it a species of human, if I can find it again I will post it.

Doka

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 11-29-2012 10:24 PM

I listened to that show and enjoyed it as well - if I remember correctly the BF was seen running in the pasture and jumped over the fencing and the tuft of hair was collected from the top of the fence where he jumped.

Doka _ Kbot,

Do you remember that part?
A man's character is his fate

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 11-29-2012 10:42 PM

Possibly related?

For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 11-30-2012 01:05 AM

Hi Dio, I can't say that I remember that part. I have such a hard time keeping awake, but seem to "come to" on the good parts and then fade out again.:)

The story has come in a Yakima, Wa. newspaper. Sightings in that area are not unusual. Heck, I have had a couple of bf encounters, no sightings, but the smell was really rank both times and my senses where on fire.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/yhr/tu ... -its-human

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-09-2012 07:13 PM

George Knapp: I’m dreaming of a Bigfoot Christmas

It seems George has known about this for quite sometime.

http://lasvegascitylife.com/sections/op ... stmas.html

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 12-10-2012 06:48 PM

Doka wrote: George Knapp: I’m dreaming of a Bigfoot Christmas

It seems George has known about this for quite sometime.

http://lasvegascitylife.com/sections/op ... stmas.html

Very interesting article. You know I can remember this woman on with C2C discussing the fact she was having hair samples DNA tested.

I don't discount any of this.
A man's character is his fate

Return to “All Creatures Great and Small”