POST YOUR BEST FREE DOWNLOADS FOR PC

Internet, computing and anything electronic and tech related discussed here

Moderator: Super Moderators

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-29-2005 04:06 PM

palosheights wrote: i go to snapfiles dot com whenever i need a program. can't remember but i do think i got this from ff which i get most of my links from.

andy

I like SnapFiles too Andy. Some other good and trustworthy free/shareware download sites that I use are: BitTorrent is another great way to download. It's all but taken over peer-to-peer downloading. That's a whole other thread tho, heh.

Methos
Pirate

Re:

Post by Methos » 10-30-2005 08:00 PM

Anybody know of a good free program
for burning protected cd`s?

Thank you

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 10-31-2005 03:33 AM

I think that's illegal methos. I usually just rip a CD to mp3s and then you can do whatever you want with them. There's a lot of free rippers out there - maybe someone can recommend a good one.

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 10-31-2005 12:16 PM

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

SeaMonkey 1.0 Alpha

The SeaMonkey Council is pleased to announce its first release, SeaMonkey 1.0 Alpha. Developed from the codebase of the previously successful Mozilla Application Suite, SeaMonkey 1.0 Alpha contains lots of new features, and numerous enhancements and bugfixes compared to the last Mozilla suite versions. Internally, much of the core code is shared with the current Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 browser, but from the outside, it represents the look and feel that long-time Mozilla and Netscape users have learned to love.

SeaMonkey 1.0 Alpha features more than just a state-of-the-art web browser, though: the application comes with a powerful email client as well as a WYSIWYG web page composer and a feature-rich IRC chat application. For web developers, mozilla.org's DOM inspector and JavaScript debugger tools are included as well. SeaMonkey 1.0 Alpha is one of the most powerful and secure internet software packages currently available, even though this release is only for testing.

Note that SeaMonkey 1.0 Alpha does not presently include official SeaMonkey artwork, as the SeaMonkey project is still open to logo submissions from its community. The new logo will be selected from these submissions and integrated into the upcoming SeaMonkey 1.0 Beta, which will be the last version before SeaMonkey 1.0 ships later this year.

The SeaMonkey project is a community-based project at mozilla.org that emerged around Mozilla's suite codebase when the Mozilla Foundation announced it would discontinue further development of its suite product. The new project is dedicated to keeping this suite alive under the name "SeaMonkey" and developing it into an even more modern and complete internet software package.
racehorse

sayntbrigid
Pirate

Post by sayntbrigid » 10-31-2005 01:51 PM

That sounds good racehorse, I think I'll try that and pass the info on.....Thank You :)

Methos
Pirate

Re:

Post by Methos » 11-01-2005 01:42 AM

Hello DaleOSea,

Illegal :confused: Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.:) :) :)

Just kidding, actually i was given advice
to use a ripper program to hopefully straighten out a burning issue i am having with trying to burn a legit sectioned file to a cd-r but when burned it plays back in a
slow and deep voice(possessed):D.

I have never come up against this before
and was told a ripper program may cure this because it plays fine on my computer.

Thank you for the last reply,
Methos

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 11-01-2005 02:48 PM

Sin? I'm a big-time sinner so I'll keep my stones in check, heh. ;) I should have said that copying most cds directly violates the copy protection which, I believe is a federal offense. Pretty neat how the RIAA makes us criminals just to listen to the songs we bought the way we want or back them up so when a rugrat uses it for a hammer or the dog chews it up you have a copy. All the while the real criminals that are actually pirating the music have no problem getting to the tunes.

Glad you figured it out. The speed malfunction is very weird. Sounds to me like it was re-encoded at the wrong bitrate to frequency ratio.
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Return to “FF IT Tech”