COVID-19 Will Spur New Robot 'Friends' and Helpers

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 08-09-2020 01:27 PM

Since there are ways to keep the "Fearful Sheep" at home, just about forever, get ready for the Robots. Actualy , Humans , each day, are proving themselves,, inept and not capable of running their own lives, or the world without killing and destroying themselves and others . They do in, reality need ALL the help they can get, just to keep them from going "Irrelevant" and "Extinct".

"Socially assistive robots interact with people and can perform household chores, accomplish health care tasks, and offer emotional support. "
Socially assistive robots seem especially promising during the pandemic, says a cognitive scientist.

“In general, I don’t think the public is very aware of what these robots can do to improve our lives,” says Jeffrey Krichmar, professor at the University of California, Irvine. “There’s more education that needs to be done. I hope COVID-19 will be a wakeup call to our robotics community to spur new ideas.”

Socially assistive robots interact with people and can perform household chores, accomplish health care tasks, and offer emotional support. Mobile devices with multiple sensors and manipulators, they communicate through wireless internet connectivity and can function either autonomously or via remote control. The robots work in education, health care, and business, as well as in disaster relief operations.

Telepresence robots, for instance, allow children or adults homebound with a chronic illness or other medical condition to engage in school or workplace activities. The units are physically located in the classroom or office, which gives their users mobility and a sense of being on-site.
“As we begin to reopen [society], I anticipate a hybrid situation where some people can attend school or go to work, but others must stay home,” Krichmar says. “Being able to participate remotely through a moving robot could make that transition smoother. I can also see this technology expanding to a wider population. For example, people could visit their relatives in nursing homes or hospitals this way.”
Full Article

https://www.nextgov.com/emerging-tech/2 ... rs/167531/
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Return to “American Survival”