BREXIT / GOOD-BAD ?

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Re: BREXIT / GOOD-BAD ?

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 07:46 AM

Several things I found interesting about this vote.

News reports indicated that almost 71.9% voted. Compare that to your typical U.S. or Canadian vote.

Votes in Liverpool, Northern Ireland, and Scotland were for staying in, and an RTE reporter said that votes followed "a party line", and hearing that another reporter commented "perhaps we can't live together, and need to divide our county."

Even with the high "stay" votes in regions, the vote was for leaving, therefore one would say the larger majority of the UK, excluding Scotland and Ireland, were poised for a change.

This vote has ignited some thoughts in other countries. Sweden, and Germany are now looking for change. Of the two, Germany will be the most impact on world economy.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-25-2016 08:39 AM

Looks like there was an emergency meeting called this morning with representatives of various EU countires. Also heard the UN was involved......

Top E.U. diplomats hold crisis talks on British exit

BERLIN — Following the landmark vote in Britain to withdraw from the European Union, foreign ministers from the bloc’s six founding nations urged London on Saturday to move toward the exit door as “quickly as possible."

Meeting in Berlin, the top diplomats of Germany, France, Italy, Holland, Belgium and Luxembourg collectively called for fast follow-through on the stunning British decision, putting pressure on Prime Minister David Cameron, who has sought a slower pace of extraction.

On Friday, Cameron said he would step down after several months but has not immediately sought to trigger the European Union’s Article 50, which would set up a two-year negotiating period ending with withdrawal. Cameron indicated that he would leave the exit decisions to his successor.

But the top diplomats meeting Saturday suggested the European Union was not prepared to wait for domestic politics to play out in Britain, suggesting that Cameron would face intense pressure on Tuesday during a summit in Brussels of 28 national leaders and European officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/to ... story.html
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 08:43 AM

Could a Brexit Mean a Texit?
By Alain Stephens • Jun 21, 2016 • KUT.ORG

From Texas Standard:

This Thursday citizens of the United Kingdom will be deciding in a referendum whether the nation stay as a member of European Union. Many say that opinions have shifted since the UK first joined the EU back in 1973.

Those who want the change cite a need to distance itself from an organization that is now seen as an ineffective central bureaucracy – one that’s costing a pretty penny.

Listen to the audio here

But this idea of secession - a "Brexit" from what some are saying is an overblown bureaucracy that costs taxpayers too much – sounds familiar.

Tom Dart, who wrote a piece in the Guardian about some of the parallels at play, says there’s long been "Euroskeptics" among the UK’s population.

Britain never joined the single currency euro, and instead kept the pound.

"It's always had a tense relationship with mainland Europe, which has now come to a head with the anti-Europe crowd,” Dart says. “All indications are that it will be a very close vote.”

Recent polls suggest the group looking to leave the EU will win out, which Dart says would be quite a dramatic result. But, he says, it is entirely possible.

"There's not going to be a way the European Union can stop Britain doing it,” he says. “It is a sovereign country, and the EU is more of a club than a really tight, insoluble coalition of states like the U.S. is."

Dart says there are important differences between Texas' status in the U.S. and Britain’s status in the EU, although there are some similarities in the arguments.

For one, the idea of a Texas secession isn’t supported widely. The Texas Nationalist Movement, which supports secession, has about 250,000 supporters – out of a state with 27 million people.

"Even if this is a relatively small part of Texas' population, you could argue they've been making increasing amounts of noise in recent years,” Dart says. “They've been getting more organized, they've been having a bit more traction in the Republican Party of Texas – certainly among the Tea Party wing.”

So much of the rhetoric has been anti-federal government as of late, Dart says. It could be a consequence of Gov. Greg Abbott’s statement that he’s sued the federal government 40 times.

But there’s not this idea elsewhere in the world that Texas is on the verge of breaking away. It’s more a case of Texas looking to the UK vote for a PR boost, Dart says, like when Scotland was voting on leaving the EU in 2014.

"All this debate at least gives (Texan secessionists) attention and makes it into a talking point, regardless of whether it would actually happen or not,” Dart says. “Which, of course, is an extremely long shot."

LINK TO STORY
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 08:47 AM

And to keep Riddick happy, what will happen POST-Brexit?

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 08:57 AM

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-25-2016 08:17 PM

Lesson - Don't threaten people. Especially when you're not a citizen of their country. Keep your mouth shut unless you're a citizen.

British Politician Just Said Something That Has The WHOLE WORLD Laughing At Obama
25 Jun, 2016 by Terresa Monroe-Hamilton - Commentary with Citation

Obama traipsing over to Britain and trying to bully them into staying in the EU actually did the opposite. It helped to propel Brexit forward as he really pissed off the Brits with his threats and bullying. Nigel Farage points that out brilliantly. The arrogance of an American President telling the British how they should run their country is mind boggling. Obama is thoroughly despised over there, almost as much as he’s hated here. There’s a lesson to be learned there.
In his interview with Breitbart, Farage cited Obama’s threats as a critical factor in driving the vote in favor of Brexit…
“Threatening people too much actually insults their intelligence and the lesson from the Obama visit is even more fascinating”.
“Here’s the most powerful man in the world coming from a country that we’ve always had a huge high regard for … and a lot of people in Britain said, ‘How dare the American president come here and tell us what to do?’ And it backfired and I think we got an Obama Brexit bounce because people do not want foreign leaders telling them how to think and how to vote.”
Obama even had the nerve to meet with the Queen and push his agenda there after she told him not to. I’m sure the Brits are laughing at Obama uproariously right about now, while they are toasting their Independence Day. All politicians might want to take a memo here… threatening people, disparaging them and making fun of them always backfires in the end in one fashion or another. Obama is a fool internationally. He’s a cosmic joke to most people. He has done more damage in his eight years than any other president we have ever had. Let’s just hope the next one is not even worse.

Sound Clip

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 06-26-2016 06:44 PM

Obama, like Hillary, is seen for what he is - a gobalist intent on sending jobs overseas and doing the central banks bidding
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-27-2016 04:44 PM

I did have to chuckle at this meme...
Scotland.jpg
Scotland.jpg (32.24 KiB) Viewed 5086 times

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-27-2016 09:47 PM

I am just wondering , does any think this might be the time to end the Monarchy? They seem to be pretty "hi-maintenance" in this day and age?

One's taking lodgers! Queen lets out apartment in St James's Palace to boost coffers...while Charles' Duchy income now tops £20m

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... s-20m.html

Charles gets 20 million a year, for what?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-27-2016 11:29 PM

Doka wrote:Charles gets 20 million a year, for what?
For starters? Don't forget all the perks.

I should think Royal treatment's worth a lot just in and of itself.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-27-2016 11:50 PM

A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-28-2016 04:54 PM

Doka wrote:I am just wondering , does any think this might be the time to end the Monarchy? They seem to be pretty "hi-maintenance" in this day and age?
My guess is the queen is now, and will ever be, primarily a figurehead for the country. R.A. might know better. Personally, I don't see any reason to end it if it's working for the people.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-29-2016 04:23 AM

voguy wrote:
Doka wrote:I am just wondering , does any think this might be the time to end the Monarchy? They seem to be pretty "hi-maintenance" in this day and age?
My guess is the queen is now, and will ever be, primarily a figurehead for the country. R.A. might know better. Personally, I don't see any reason to end it if it's working for the people.
You would be right VO. The Queen has no reigning power in the commonwealth and she is nothing but a figure head and tourist attraction. She meets with the Prime Minister weekly for updates and discussion regarding current local and world events. A tradition only but probably useful for planning her travel itinerary. I have read that she occasionally does offer what has been described as valuable advice to the PM, but the PM is under no obligation to act on it.

As 80% of Brits support the monarchy, coupled with the fact that the tourism revenue they generate pretty much balances out the cost of supporting the monarchy and everything it entails, it is highly unlikely they will be given a Royal bump into oblivion any time soon. The involvement of their charitable work has become invaluable.

At one time I was anti royalist but after improvements were implemented regarding their uncommunicative and elitist attitude towards the British public post the death of Diana, I have changed my mind. Having toured the usual Royal haunts several times over the years, I would hate to see the tradition come to an end.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-29-2016 06:23 PM

RA: I don't know if you saw this. Still cracks me up. "Boom. Really? Please."

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 06-29-2016 07:02 PM

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Return to “American Survival”