The Think-Less Control System

Grassroots democracy. We need to secure our country from the global elites. Act now! Get informed.

Moderator: Super Moderators

Shirleypal
Pirate

The Think-Less Control System

Post by Shirleypal » 09-05-2008 11:42 AM

Resistance is futile!

1) The Power of Conformity

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/403.html

2) Detonating Hive Mentality: The Way Of The Outsider

"The hive seeks to associate normality with hive behaviour. Do what everyone else does and you’ll have no problems. Thus it swells the ranks of ‘the lowest common denominator’ who so obediently and diligently uphold the values of the mainstream."

http://thecleaver.blogspot.com/2008/08/ ... ay-of.html

3) Changing the way we think

" ... over the past few years I've had an uncomfortable sense that someone, or something, has been tinkering with my brain, remapping the neural circuitry, reprogramming the memory. My mind isn't going - so far as I can tell - but it's changing. I'm not thinking the way I used to think."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7459182.stm

Exactly what the Global Elite wants.

Riddick
Pirate

Re: The Think-Less Control System

Post by Riddick » 09-13-2016 01:29 AM

Shirleypal wrote:1) The Power of Conformity

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/403.html
Info Culled From Archive.org & Updated With Replacement Vid -

In Humor, Truth: "Everybody's Doing It" - The Power Of Conformity

Candid Camera was a popular television program in the US in the 1960s. The program used the classic methodology of naturalistic experiments in social psychology as the source of its humorous scenarios. The resulting programs were not only entertaining, but also potentially instructive.

Direct Link: https://youtu.be/BgRoiTWkBHU

For instance, how independent is the average person when confronted with the all-powerful "consensus of the group?" Not very. Creating a consensus quickly is the goal of every "shock and awe" propagandist. That's why it's often true that "a lie makes it half way around the world before the truth gets its pants on."

Professional liars have their stories worked out well in advance and then pump them out hard and fast long before thoughtful, honest analysts can even ask the first question. Once the consensus points in one direction, it becomes very difficult to take, hold and promote a contrary point of view, even if that point of view is accurate and the consensus is completely false.

It's prudent to assume that ANYTHING you "know" that is consensus-based and was produced and is continuously supported by the so called "mainstream" news media (news, PR and/or propaganda) is probably the product of a calculated attempt to mislead.

As a simple rule of thumb, the proper response to ANYTHING that makes its way to the network news or the front page of a major newspaper is to ask yourself two questions: "Whose propaganda is this?" and "What facts are they withholding and skewing in a calculated attempt to mislead me?"

One of the most important skills in the propagandist's bag of tricks is controlling where your audience places its attention. In magic, it's called "misdirection." In politics, it's called setting the agenda.

Once you realize that EVERYTHING that's featured by the news media is most likely someone else's propaganda and that the key to successful deception is misdirection, you are well on your way to liberating your mind from a ton of nonsense and misinformation and, in the process, perhaps saving your own life some day.
Shirleypal wrote:2) Detonating Hive Mentality: The Way Of The Outsider

"The hive seeks to associate normality with hive behaviour. Do what everyone else does and you’ll have no problems. Thus it swells the ranks of ‘the lowest common denominator’ who so obediently and diligently uphold the values of the mainstream."

http://thecleaver.blogspot.com/2008/08/ ... ay-of.html
Replacement Link! - https://web.archive.org/web/20101018163 ... ay-of.html

But WAIT! There's MORE -

Excerpted from Groupthink, a LIFEANDTIMES blog entry ...

"Groupthink is the notion of everyone doing the same thing because they are in the same group, organization or setting. It is a program where one just follows blindly for no reason other than association. As a child, I was always told to think for myself and to decipher the point of every word spoken to me, no matter who the author...

With Coretta Scott King's passing, I realized that we as people put emphasis on a few saviors to resurrect us, to think for us, and give them all the power for our lives, as opposed to taking the initiative to be the captain of our own souls... Groupthink has caused segregation amongst us, a gang mentality, people to develop a persona that is stereotypical and narrow-minded..."

...(followed by this comment)

"The problem with groupthink is that the individuals who choose not to conform to the thoughts and actions of their 'group' tend to be black-listed... And again, we as a people are our own worst enemy--never wanting to uplift each other; rather exploiting each other every opportunity we get....but that's another topic... we should just remember that it is better to be hated for who you are then loved for who you aren't."

http://lemonyschnikets.blogspot.com/200 ... think.html
-------------------
From 'Debate and Groupthink" :

"The following comes with the hopefully unnecessary caveat that the opinions stated here are my own, and may not be representative of any group or government body I may be affiliated with.

The nature of groups

It is the nature of groups to villainize some amorphous group or ideal and simultaneously deify their own position. Groups gain validity and cohesion by identifying enemies. It’s one of the central themes of Orwell’s 1984 that an irreconcilable conflict is essential to influencing group behavior.

In the Slashdot community, condemnation of Microsoft is almost expected, as is praise of Apple or Linux. At sporting events, fans form an unofficial group. At first the 'enemy' is the opposing team. This focus can shift quickly to a particular person such as a dirty player, or referee. At first, the shouts of disdain come from a single source, and left unchecked, spread to an increasing number of fans.

Whether it’s technologists’ rants against Microsoft, a sports fan blaming the referee, or the increasing partisianship in national politics, groupthink is a potent force if there is an identifiable enemy.

Validation

There is something personally validating about being part of a group. It’s encouraging to know others think as we do. We feel more important when we identify with a group.

As a result of self-indentifying with groups, defensive behavior is common. An attack on our group is somehow personal. Left unchecked, the group’s arguments stray from logic and principles and become overly broad, emotional, and fallacious as members rationalize and defend their association. (I think we can all point fingers at someone else who has skipped the first step and jumped straight to unfounded vitriol.)
What to do?

We live a country where reasonable people have disagreed since before its founding. Even our bicameral national congress is a form of compromise. If we recognize the dangers (and inherence) of group mentality, it is easier to keep discussion useful and productive."

http://alt-tag.com/blog/archives/2007/0 ... roupthink/
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 09-13-2016 04:05 AM

Those lines were extremely interesting Riddick and it was good of you to renew Shirleypal's find. :wink:

It reminds us of prewar Germany and all during it's hate filled, zombie-like pill popping, revenge inspired conflagration with a mafia-like leadership's mind control via Herr Goebbels via his hundreds of live on air radio broadcasts! :miked:

Not off topic!

REF: :messedup: Hive mentality or Herd mentality :!:

Last week we had a minor thunderstorm pass through. My first load North had me seeing the second stop light blinking "red" for a 4-way stop. No big deal. Once I left the Toyota plant on U.S. 41 North 7 - 8 cars and pick-ups passed my long slower Freightliner rig carrying only steel cassettes (racks) to be loaded up for more "crumple zone" Highlander steel from Vincennes back to Princeton, Indiana. :wink:

As I looked North at the blinking red lights I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me! The first vehicles leading the many way ahead of me were not showing brake lights! There were no vehicles waiting on the left or right side of the intersection. Not one of those 7-8 vehicle drivers touched a brake and they went through the red light in unison :!: :P With many headlights well behind them, any two of them might have been a county sheriff or state trooper. So they must have thought collectively, "You can't catch us all!" :lol:

A "hive mentality" was seen first hand that I'd never seen exactly like that in vehicular traffic! Afterwards I wanted to write a letter to the editor of the Princeton Daily Clarion and the Evansville Courier! :roll:

But nah! :mrgreen:

MK II :)
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-13-2016 09:22 AM

What a great thread! I struggle to understand the "The Hive Mentality " Spending more time , trying to understand, what has not one wit of logic, to it.So I will give up and preserve my own sanity. But ,there is one thing of note that I have noticed, is that "Hive" thinkers are not capable of taking on more than one line of thought at a time. They can't take in multiple facts at one time , to reach a conclusion, it only serves to confuse them. Therefore are, never bothered by the concept of right or wrong. They appear to not only have broken moral compass, they just don't have compass at all! The old "cliche' " "I lost My Bearings " , has been given new meaning.

MK11 , your stop light story is a perfect analogy!
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 09-13-2016 09:42 AM

Riddick, the video was a hoot! Seems harmless enough, but is it really? :confused:
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 09-13-2016 09:52 AM

Well thank you Doka! :mrgreen:

I did not need to add that the collective stop light runners went through it at 60 ? miles per hour :!: :confused:

Your explanation is perfect for an imperfect world! Together it's extremely interesting to the Mad Max scenario we hope to never see on this planet! :oops: Maybe I should not have added that last line to that GREAT effort discovered in your mind. Again a big credit goes to Riddick's spot on "thinker" video and GREAT addition to Shirley's original post and she's always with us pirates in spirit 24-7. The same as Linnea's spirit is always here with the long dedicated pirates every day and night! :hearteyes :wave:

:pirateboa

MK II :wink:
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 09-20-2016 04:24 PM

We are the In-Group.
Critical thinking is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile.

Caution: HIVE MIND AHEAD

From 'Hive Mind & Groupthink' -

"Hive mind, says Wikipedia, is 'a form of collective consciousness strongly exhibiting traits of conformity and groupthink.' Groupthink, according to psychologist Irving Janis, who coined the term, is 'a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members’ strivings for unanimity override their motivation to realistically appraise alternative courses of action.' Each term shares the common roots of conformity, unwillingness to dissent, and self-censorship. Combined, they form a noose around the neck... producing shallow thinking, flawed reasoning, and bad decision making.
Hive mind and groupthink are the antithesis of critical thinking... it’s really our responsibility to make sure that we recognize the risk and control for it. You all agree, right? Right?"

(compiled from various sources)
Eight Typical Symptoms Of Groupthink

The illusion of invulnerability | 'The group is incapable of doing wrong.' Janis summaries this attitude as "everything is going to be OK, because we are a special group." Examining few alternatives.
Belief in the inherent group morality | Members automatically assume the rightness of their target. The group feels what they are doing is best for everyone.
Rationalization of group views | A collective mindset of being rational. 'The group's ends justify the means.' Being highly selective in gathering information.
Stereotypical thinking | Employing preconceived notions in evaluating information. Defining outsiders prejudically and stereotypically, not as individuals. Negative stereotyping is particularly likely in political decision making, which is nearly always conducted in a conflictual intergroup context. A common consequence of intergroup conflict is derogation of the outgroup and glorification of the in-group.
Self-censorship | Pressure for conformity within the group; members withhold criticisms or only offer equivocal or tempered opinions. The group is not looking for outside opinions.
The illusion of unanimity | Group members look only to each other to confirm theories. Silence is taken as agreement.
Direct pressure on dissenters | Pressure to protect group from contrary views or information. Members aggressively "go after" those who disagree with the general sentiments of the group.
Self-appointed mindguards | 'Thought Police'. Members who take it on themselves to protect a group from dissenting ideas & information that might shatter their shared complacency.

Three key preventative strategies against Groupthink that can be deployed within groups:

Avoid 'closed' climates. Welcome diversity and innovation, and embrace the pedagogy of trust.
Avoid isolation of the group. Particularly from those groups which are critical of it.
Avoid excessive direction or prescription in terms of the development of the group.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

BUMP

Post by Riddick » 04-13-2019 12:18 AM

-Donald Trump Image

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 04-13-2019 02:38 AM

Thanks Riddick, for putting this thead, back to the top of the Pile. :D
KARMA RULES

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-13-2019 08:13 PM

Riddick wrote: 09-20-2016 04:24 PM We are the In-Group.
Critical thinking is irrelevant.
Resistance is futile.

Caution: HIVE MIND AHEAD

From 'Hive Mind & Groupthink' -

"Hive mind, says Wikipedia, is 'a form of collective consciousness strongly exhibiting traits of conformity and groupthink.' Groupthink, according to psychologist Irving Janis, who coined the term, is 'a mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members’ strivings for unanimity override their motivation to realistically appraise alternative courses of action.' Each term shares the common roots of conformity, unwillingness to dissent, and self-censorship. Combined, they form a noose around the neck... producing shallow thinking, flawed reasoning, and bad decision making.
Hive mind and groupthink are the antithesis of critical thinking... it’s really our responsibility to make sure that we recognize the risk and control for it. You all agree, right? Right?"

(compiled from various sources)
Eight Typical Symptoms Of Groupthink

The illusion of invulnerability | 'The group is incapable of doing wrong.' Janis summaries this attitude as "everything is going to be OK, because we are a special group." Examining few alternatives.
Belief in the inherent group morality | Members automatically assume the rightness of their target. The group feels what they are doing is best for everyone.
Rationalization of group views | A collective mindset of being rational. 'The group's ends justify the means.' Being highly selective in gathering information.
Stereotypical thinking | Employing preconceived notions in evaluating information. Defining outsiders prejudically and stereotypically, not as individuals. Negative stereotyping is particularly likely in political decision making, which is nearly always conducted in a conflictual intergroup context. A common consequence of intergroup conflict is derogation of the outgroup and glorification of the in-group.
Self-censorship | Pressure for conformity within the group; members withhold criticisms or only offer equivocal or tempered opinions. The group is not looking for outside opinions.
The illusion of unanimity | Group members look only to each other to confirm theories. Silence is taken as agreement.
Direct pressure on dissenters | Pressure to protect group from contrary views or information. Members aggressively "go after" those who disagree with the general sentiments of the group.
Self-appointed mindguards | 'Thought Police'. Members who take it on themselves to protect a group from dissenting ideas & information that might shatter their shared complacency.

Three key preventative strategies against Groupthink that can be deployed within groups:

Avoid 'closed' climates. Welcome diversity and innovation, and embrace the pedagogy of trust.
Avoid isolation of the group. Particularly from those groups which are critical of it.
Avoid excessive direction or prescription in terms of the development of the group.
Sounds like a lot of groups on both sides of the political aisle. Could apply equally to the far Left environmentalists as well as the far right white supremacists......
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-14-2019 12:15 AM

kbot wrote: 04-13-2019 08:13 PM Sounds like a lot of groups on both sides of the political aisle. Could apply equally to the far Left environmentalists as well as the far right white supremacists......
Great. SO WE AGREE. Right OR Left? Just say no to lunatic fringes. All the more folks grocked on that we'd be in great shape eh! -- Yet wouldn't THAT be groupthink, as well? The radical MIddle! How paradoxical is THAT!!

Well, nobody said hive mentality avoidance would be easy... :lol:

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “American Survival”