LOST ~ The Final Season ~ Destiny Found ~ EPISODE Discussion

Moderator: Super Moderators

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 05-06-2010 10:42 PM

I am not convinced that Jin did not survive! Frank may very well still be alive. Sawyer hopefully will recover. Kate not too badly injured I guess. Joolz....party your butt off! You deserve it! Have a wonderful time!
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-07-2010 03:07 AM

I've seen some speculation that maybe Frank found another oxygen tank, grabbed Jin, and they both got out. Poor Sun, though... :( I dunno about Jin, but I do think we'll see Frank again. General rule of thumb on LOST: If you don't SEE a dead body, then "dead is dead" doesn't necessarily apply. Besides, what was the purpose of stringing Frank along all season if he's gonna die and not even be acknowledged in his death? AND... with the sub blown up, the only way off that Island now is to somehow get the Ajira plane to fly. Frank's the only one who could possibly do that. But we'll see... ;)

Oh yeah, I'm definitely gonna party! LOL I've got 2 weeks to get this place ready. Tomorrow, I've gotta finish scrubbing my deck. bleagh :p
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-07-2010 09:21 PM

What do y'all make of this? (Screencaps, again!) I think Brian's post (and the caps) speaks for itself, so I won't go into great detail, but there is something odd going on in the scene where Jack tosses the LockeMonster off the dock into the water. Check it out: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showp ... count=3198
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 05-07-2010 11:01 PM

Joolz wrote: What do y'all make of this? (Screencaps, again!) I think Brian's post (and the caps) speaks for itself, so I won't go into great detail, but there is something odd going on in the scene where Jack tosses the LockeMonster off the dock into the water. Check it out: http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/showp ... count=3198

Well that is odd! not sure what I was looking at...not a reflection of anything in the water..hmmm..see this is the part I will really miss....the mystery.
Creature of the desert

"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing plaid with stripes comes easy."

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-07-2010 11:36 PM

Kinda looks like maybe he was trying to 'smokify,' but the water was shorting it out? Or something? It was very brief onscreen, so who knows what they intended us to get from that. But it was definitely odd.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 05-08-2010 12:08 AM

An island surrounded by water...what better way to keep a smoke monster at bay! No pun intended. Maybe that is his vulnerability and the reason why he cant leave the island. Well, Joolz we still have True Blood to look forward to. Big Love was kinda lame this time....too short.
Creature of the desert

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-08-2010 11:46 PM

Oh yeah, True Blood is coming back soon! :D June 13th, I think? Maybe we should have a True Blood thread, too. ;)

I agree about Big Love -- I felt cheated. The season was way too short.

I will still miss LOST tremendously, though. None of the characters in these other shows, nor the storylines, have touched me in quite the same way as LOST. But they will have to suffice.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 05-09-2010 12:32 AM

From smoke monsters to vamps!! Without LOST I am going to feel lost. I have been checking online for any tidbits about upcoming episodes of LOST and the rumors and spoilers are flying. Let em rip! I will not believe it until I see it! ;)
Creature of the desert

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-11-2010 04:20 AM

Episode 15

"Across the Sea"

Centric: Jacob / MIB

Written by: Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof

Directed by: Tucker Gates

Episode Description: The motives of John Locke are finally explained.

Promo: LOST 6x15 – Across the Sea
Image Anchors Aweigh!

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-11-2010 09:58 PM

Joolz wrote: Episode 15

"Across the Sea"

Centric: Jacob / MIB

Written by: Carlton Cuse & Damon Lindelof

Directed by: Tucker Gates

Episode Description: The motives of John Locke are finally explained.

Shocking, Revealing, Astonishing, and Still Mysterious! :) :cool: :D
racehorse

Saharaka
Pirate

Post by Saharaka » 05-11-2010 10:14 PM

Yeah! Still mysterious! I never heard the name of Jacob's brother...did anyone hear it?
Creature of the desert

racehorse
Pirate

Post by racehorse » 05-11-2010 10:23 PM

Saharaka wrote: Yeah! Still mysterious! I never heard the name of Jacob's brother...did anyone hear it?

No Saharaka, it was not revealed. I am sure there is a good reason for that and we will find it out. I kept waiting impatiently to learn the name, too.
racehorse

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-14-2010 11:48 PM

We've lost a few posts on this thread, I think, but not much. I think we lost Swerdloc's links to Doc Jensen, etc., and anything else anyone may have posted after that. I think all I'd posted was that I didn't get to see the final 15-20 minutes of the show until we could get it on OnDemand the next day, due to a DVR malfunction.

I'm still thinking on this episode. I liked it, but am not sure what to make of it just yet. I want to see how this info relates to what we are going to see in the next episode and in the finale. Some questions were answered, but as "Mother" said, answering questions just leads to more questions! So, what did we learn in this episode? Let's see...

Jacob and MIB were (are?) twin brothers.

MIB does not, and apparently never did, have a name.

Their real mother was a woman named Claudia who spoke Latin, so we can assume she was Roman, or at least a Roman citizen.

MIB could see ghosts like Hurley does.

The Roman dagger we've seen several times in the show came from MIB's people.

The Island's source of mysterious power is a golden light. OK. I wasn't expecting that, and although I love sci-fi and fantasy, am not sure YET what to make of it.

I didn't get what MIB wanted to do with (what we know of as) the frozen donkey wheel, either, nor how he knew it would do anything at all.

Was it just me, or did Jacob seem kinda dim-witted? MIB definitely seemed the brighter, more intellectually curious of the two. Strange.

I get it that when Jacob sent MIB into the light, what came out was Smokey. (Did the light go OUT when he did that?) But still, what IS Smokey? It didn't explain that. Is Smokey MIB's spirit after being exposed to the light/electromagetism? It's certainly not his physical self. Which bring me to the skeletons in the cave.

So, now we know who they were. But how does that affect the story? I'm just not sure yet.

Some questions answered. Not sure how they relate yet. And lots more questions raised -- like for instance: Who killed MIB's people and how?

I also want to know what "Mother" was chanting over the cup before she gave it to Jacob and made him drink it. (And what was the stuff she poured into it? Wine? Blood? Magical potion?) It sounded like she was chanting in Latin, but I couldn't make out a lot of it. I'd love to see a translation. And what was it supposed to do? Was this what gave Jacob such a long life and made him able to give that to others as well (like Richard)?

I dunno... I'm still confused! LOL
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-15-2010 12:31 AM

:D
"Knock, knock."
"Who's there?"
"Jacob's brother."
"Jacob's brother, who?"
"EXACTLY."
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 05-16-2010 04:17 AM

This is the best I've been able to come up with regarding what "Mother" says over the cup before passing it to Jacob at the light cave:

Latin: "Nam non accipimus hoc quasi vulgarem potionem, sed ut ille sit quasi unus mecum."

Translation: "For we do not accept this just as a common drink, but as if that (he?) should be one with me."

That's from Lostpedia's article about the episode (in the "Trivia" section).

I want to double-check the Latin against what I can hear when I re-watch this, but hopefully, this is at least somewhat accurate.
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”