LOST Season 6 Premiere Date Announced! (No Spoilers)

Moderator: Super Moderators

Joolz
Pirate

LOST Season 6 Premiere Date Announced! (No Spoilers)

Post by Joolz » 11-20-2009 09:39 PM

I decided to give this news its own thread, instead of posting in the "Lost Hiatus / Season 6 News" thread, so that those who aren't current on their viewing (that means YOU, racehorse ;) ) can click on this and read the news without fear of getting spoiled..

The Ausiello Files

This just in: And the 'Lost' premiere date is...

By Michael Ausiello
Nov 19 2009 05:10 PM ET

I’ve got a new numbers-related Lost mystery for ya. Anyone know what 02022010 means? I do — it’s the show’s return date!

ABC just confirmed that Lost will kick off its sixth and final season with a two-hour premiere on Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 9-11 pm. The requisite recap special will start things off at 8 pm. The following week, Lost will settle into its regular Tuesday-9 pm perch.

The ABC press release announcing Lost’s return date also revealed who among the show’s cast will receive full-time, series-regular billing in season 6. And the winners are… Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Nestor Carbonell (Richard), Emilie de Ravin (Claire), Michael Emerson (Ben), Jeff Fahey (Frank) Matthew Fox (Jack), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), Yunjin Kim (Sun), Ken Leung (Miles), Evangeline Lilly (Kate), Terry O’Quinn (Locke), and Zuleikha Robinson (Ilana).

Not mentioned in the press release, but confirmed to return on a guest-star and/or recurring basis, are Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliet), Ian Somerhalder (Boone), Rebecca Mader (Charlotte), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie), Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond), and Katey Sagal (Helen). That list will no doubt grow as the season progresses.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/11/19/ ... %E2%80%A6/

----

Actual press release from ABC:

Thursday, November 19, 2009
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT -
ABC ANNOUNCES THE PREMIERE OF THE SIXTH AND FINAL SEASON OF "LOST," WITH A SPECIAL ALL-NIGHT EVENT ON TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 2

ABC announces the premiere of the sixth and final season of "Lost," with a special all-night event on Tuesday, February 2. A recap special will kick off the night from 8:00-9:00 p.m., ET, followed by the much anticipated two-hour premiere from 9:00-11:00 p.m.

The series will then air in its regular time period - Tuesday nights from 9:00-10:00 p.m., ET - beginning the following week, on February 9.

"Lost" stars Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Michael Emerson as Ben, Jeff Fahey as Frank Lapidus, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Ken Leung as Miles, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Terry O'Quinn as Locke and Zuleikha Robinson as Ilana.

"Lost" was created by Jeffrey Lieber and J.J. Abrams & Damon Lindelof. Abrams, Lindelof, Bryan Burk, Jack Bender, Edward Kitsis, Adam Horowitz, Jean Higgins and Carlton Cuse serve as executive producers. "Lost," which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii and premiered on September 22, 2004, is from ABC Studios.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/web/dnr/disp ... =111909_04
Image Anchors Aweigh!

racehorse
Pirate

Re: LOST Season 6 Premiere Date Announced! (No Spoilers)

Post by racehorse » 11-20-2009 09:59 PM

Joolz wrote: I decided to give this news its own thread, instead of posting in the "Lost Hiatus / Season 6 News" thread, so that those who aren't current on their viewing (that means YOU, racehorse ;) ) can click on this and read the news without fear of getting spoiled..

Thanks, Joolz. :)

On February 2nd , "Groundhog Day", (need to also see the great Bill Murray film again soon :eek: ) I will be ready to watch "Lost" live and completely caught up (hopefully before then). ;) :D
racehorse

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 11-20-2009 10:28 PM

Thanks, Joolz!

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! (We need a bouncing for joy smilie):D
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Joolz
Pirate

Post by Joolz » 11-21-2009 01:38 AM

You're both very welcome! Happy to be the bearer of glad tidings! :D

Hey, I've read that Ian Somerhalder has said the script for the first episode was so detailed, it weighed three pounds. That's one hefty script! Are we ready to rock?
Image Anchors Aweigh!

Starry Night
Pirate

Post by Starry Night » 11-21-2009 10:57 AM

Excellent! Thanks Joolz for posting!

Psychicwolf
Pirate

Post by Psychicwolf » 11-21-2009 12:26 PM

Joolz wrote: You're both very welcome! Happy to be the bearer of glad tidings! :D

Hey, I've read that Ian Somerhalder has said the script for the first episode was so detailed, it weighed three pounds. That's one hefty script! Are we ready to rock?

That's going to be some episode! Absolutely ready to rock.:D
Dance to heal the earth. Not just when you're dancing, but always. Live the dance, whenever you move, in all you do, dance to heal the earth.

Return to “Books, Documentaries, Movies, TV Shows”