Internet Shills

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

Internet Shills

Post by Fan » 03-03-2014 06:25 PM

We all have met them, or at least suspected. This is of high importance to our sort of communities.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2014 ... ipulation/
Among the core self-identified purposes of JTRIG are two tactics: (1) to inject all sorts of false material onto the internet in order to destroy the reputation of its targets; and (2) to use social sciences and other techniques to manipulate online discourse and activism to generate outcomes it considers desirable.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 03-03-2014 08:03 PM

Dare I say many become unknowing accomplices by going to sites and reposting the content elsewhere?
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 03-04-2014 07:58 AM

voguy wrote: Dare I say many become unknowing accomplices by going to sites and reposting the content elsewhere?
Perhaps, but the real shills are much more insidious than simply posting articles on blogs or writing opinion pieces. They are like ballot-stuffers, they literally maintain hundreds of online personalities and use those to try to affect opinion sways. There is specialized software available simply for this purpose. Usually they use simple tactics like calling people liars or doing simple debunking like derailing conversations. Trolling essentially. The good ones you never even know about, the conversation shifts subtly and no one is the wiser.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 03-04-2014 09:32 AM

Not to mention the MSM that doesn't report stories AT ALL - as if certain stories don't even exist.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can. Face piles and piles of trials with smiles. It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. And keep on thinking free. (Moody Blues)

Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Post by Dude111 » 03-07-2014 05:36 AM

Oh yeah Fan!!!!

I have seen many of them buddy!!

Return to “Conspiracies/Black Ops”