The biggest financial conspiracy and it is all too real

Moderator: Super Moderators

Fan
Lady with a

The biggest financial conspiracy and it is all too real

Post by Fan » 04-26-2013 10:11 PM

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/ne ... t-20130425

It is a good article.
If true, that would leave us living in an era of undisguised, real-world conspiracy, in which the prices of currencies, commodities like gold and silver, even interest rates and the value of money itself, can be and may already have been dictated from above. And those who are doing it can get away with it. Forget the Illuminati – this is the real thing, and it's no secret. You can stare right at it, anytime you want.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 04-27-2013 12:48 AM

SWISS FRANC TRADER: can u put 6m swiss libor in low pls?...
PRIMARY SUBMITTER: Whats it worth
SWSISS FRANC TRADER: ive got some sushi rolls from yesterday?...
PRIMARY SUBMITTER: ok low 6m, just for u
SWISS FRANC TRADER: wooooooohooooooo. . . that'd be awesome
Yep. This is what everything is built on. If only we could upgrade to shifting sands.

Still reading the article. It's good.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 04-27-2013 01:03 AM

Matt Taibbi uses 'blue collar crime' comparisons to ridicule the justification of 'white collar crime'. It helps in trying to understand the magnitude of these crimes and how the financial world has become so complex that even our world leaders seem not to understand it.

These smug thugs will push us to the point where we will have no disposable income for them to manipulate. Then what? As Riddick posted recently... "Capitalism is a club and you and I ain't in it"...Carlin.
Last edited by Raggedyann on 04-27-2013 01:10 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-27-2013 11:55 AM

Capitalism without the corrupt cronies controlling it could be a far more benign system. But of course, without their manipulation it would be a far less lucrative operation, thus the wicked wheeling and dealing -

Yet as Carlin lamented no one seems to notice, no one seems to care. They have us by the balls, they don't give a f*ck about you or me, but people keep supporting the system by continuing to elect 'Big Club' ****suckers from both parties into office.

Just more proof that crime pays, that is provided you're a member of the cartel - As Carlin said, "The table is tilted folks, the game is rigged" --

Big Banks, Washington & Wall Street: Like The Mafia, But More Ambitious!
Last edited by Riddick on 01-20-2017 01:18 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 04-27-2013 10:00 PM

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-28-2013 10:41 AM

It is a good article.
I don't miss these Rolling Stone articles from Tiabbi but I find myself a couple articles behind. If you like this one, read thru the whole list when you get time. He doesn't just spout the line, he backs up what he says with research and data which is very hard to dismiss.

Thanks for this depressing read. :bored:

;)
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-29-2013 09:31 AM

Great article, and I was right - depressing. The western global economy is a house of cards and the deck is stacked. Taibbi's piece explains the whole 1% and the .001% concentrations of wealth. How could anyone, especially trying to survive on what trickles down to the bottom be expected to do so? How do normal people - investors - trust the markets these bankers manipulate? People who saved for retirement only to have that swept away by a handful of men at the top of the financial ladder gaming the system for bets, champagne, stale sushi - for kicks as after a million or five the money really doesn't matter in any normal way really have nothing left to lose.

They, these few bankers at the top doing this are of the same greedy mindset as this guy (video below) that sold bogus bomb detecting equipment to make millions. Prison is too good for them. Trying them in court is futile.. I see why they want the guns. Who are the real terrorists? :confused:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_eJyQ1dvsg
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 04-29-2013 09:38 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: I don't miss these Rolling Stone articles from Tiabbi but I find myself a couple articles behind. If you like this one, read thru the whole list when you get time. He doesn't just spout the line, he backs up what he says with research and data which is very hard to dismiss.

Thanks for this depressing read. :bored:

;)

yeah I end up reading a lot of his stuff... no one is perfect, but his articles are often readable.
The heartbreaking necessity of lying about reality and the heartbreaking impossibility of lying about it.

― Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-29-2013 10:12 AM

Fan wrote: yeah I end up reading a lot of his stuff... no one is perfect, but his articles are often readable.
The banking stuff is hard to understand but he really loses me with his nfl stuff. I try to read thru that as my middle son is a walking stat chart for baseball or football - but I lose interest fast.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-29-2013 11:29 AM

Two points I found interesting in the article:

1) Conspiracy theorists of the world, believers in the hidden hands of the Rothschilds and the Masons and the Illuminati, we skeptics owe you an apology. You were right. The players may be a little different, but your basic premise is correct: The world is a rigged game. .................................................................................

2) Translation: When prices are set by companies that can profit by manipulating them, we're ****ed.

And, this shows just how so far out of wack our "justice system" really is. Our government, who's senior members have sworn an oath to protect the country, (no matter which administration is in place) refuses to follow through on a suit. Even then, with the record of the federal prosecutors, do we really want them filing a suit because their ineptitude is so mind-boggling. Chances are, the top government officials are somehow in on this anyway just because of their connections.

This is truly, a scary world we live in. Thanks for the article Fan. I can forsee times when society is shot as people lose their investments, their homes and prices spiral out of control. Won't be a pretty picture.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

perspective refresher

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-29-2013 11:58 AM

Listening to Taibbi and Leo Lopate (no, not that Leo ::p )discussing the article now - from Lopate's podcast found here:
http://www.wnyc.org/shows/lopate/2013/apr/25/

I have to remind myself these banking entities that are manipulating interest rates are doing so on funds containing hundreds of Trillions - with a T. I've posted before what these big numbers look like in reality - not that most of the money is real, it's mostly just numbers in a computer - but I offer that perspective again from another source. His example uses tax funds, but dollars are dollars. And a trillion is still a thousand billions, a billion a thousand millions and a million is a thousand thousands:
The View from the Meadow

Observations of the Passing Scene

Political and Social Commentary by Dave Satre

How Much is a Billion Dollars?

It is difficult to visualize just how many dollars there are in
The View from the Meadow

It is difficult to visualize just how many dollars there are in $1 billion. The politicians who are spending fortunes in government money make it sound as though they are dealing in smaller numbers by removing quite a few digits. For example, Bush's budget deficit, which at the time of this writing is $422,000,000,000 is more simply stated as $422 billion.

To put it in a different perspective, a billion is a thousand million.

To place it in a better perspective, a billion seconds ago, it was the year1959.

Humans first learned to write 252 billion seconds ago.

A billion minutes ago, Jesus was alive.

A billion hours ago, our ancestors were living in the Stone Age.

A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate Washington spends it.

How Much is a Trillion Dollars?

A trillion dollars is even more incomprehensible. A trillion is a thousand billion.

One trillion seconds equals 1,688 years.

The oldest known human was alive 110 trillion seconds ago.

The US National Debt at the time of this writing is $8,538,579,172,593 or more simply stated: $8.5 trillion. The number is so large that the $1.75 billion this debt is increasing per day seems miniscule by comparison.

So, the next time you hear a politician casually use the words "billion" or "trillion" think about whether you really want that politician spending your tax money.
billion. The politicians who are spending fortunes in government money make it sound as though they are dealing in smaller numbers by removing quite a few digits. For example, Bush's budget deficit, which at the time of this writing is 2,000,000,000 is more simply stated as 2 billion.

To place it in a better perspective, a billion seconds ago, it was the year1959.

A billion dollars ago was only 8 hours and 20 minutes, at the rate Washington spends it.

A trillion dollars is even more incomprehensible. A trillion is a thousand billion.

The US National Debt at the time of this writing is ,538,579,172,593 or more simply stated: .5 trillion. The number is so large that the
The View from the Meadow

It is difficult to visualize just how many dollars there are in $1 billion. The politicians who are spending fortunes in government money make it sound as though they are dealing in smaller numbers by removing quite a few digits. For example, Bush's budget deficit, which at the time of this writing is $422,000,000,000 is more simply stated as $422 billion.

The US National Debt at the time of this writing is $8,538,579,172,593 or more simply stated: $8.5 trillion. The number is so large that the $1.75 billion this debt is increasing per day seems miniscule by comparison.

So, the next time you hear a politician casually use the words "billion" or "trillion" think about whether you really want that politician spending your tax money.
.75 billion this debt is increasing per day seems miniscule by comparison.

So, the next time you hear a politician casually use the words "billion" or "trillion" think about whether you really want that politician spending your tax money. [/size]
That one is good but I like this visual best -- One Trillion dollars in $100 bills, in summary below::

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-29-2013 12:25 PM

Nice graphic representation.

But, this is the one that really scares me......

"So, the next time you hear a politician casually use the words "billion" or "trillion" think about whether you really want that politician spending your tax money."

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 04-29-2013 12:40 PM

Yes, and right now I'm listening to a cnn report -via youtube - that says the marathon event was a great example on how big government works for us. Frankly, I see it as an example of the opposite, considering at least 3 govt agencies, one law enforcement/security were in contact with these people and their families and were on watch-lists, etc. I suppose their pitch will be that more money and more govt police and we'd be safer. I bet the folks in Boston don't feel all that safe after this - esp. how it was handled by using martial law tactics to catch one suspect.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 04-29-2013 06:34 PM

Dale O Sea wrote: Yes, and right now I'm listening to a cnn report -via youtube - that says the marathon event was a great example on how big government works for us. Frankly, I see it as an example of the opposite, considering at least 3 govt agencies, one law enforcement/security were in contact with these people and their families and were on watch-lists, etc. I suppose their pitch will be that more money and more govt police and we'd be safer. I bet the folks in Boston don't feel all that safe after this - esp. how it was handled by using martial law tactics to catch one suspect.

During an interview on CSPAN's Washington Journal yesterday morning, a former FBI official was asked repeatedly how in this post 9-11 world, could we have this massive non-communication between agencies. The dog and pony show that's been the rule since 2001 has been utterly amazing on so many levels. It should be obvious by now - even to those in complete denial, that the government just doesn't function anymore.

Return to “Conspiracies/Black Ops”