Media Hypnosis, Are You?

Moderator: Super Moderators

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-21-2013 03:06 AM

Diogenes wrote: So Coronation Street is a British soap? I love the name.

I never got on the Downtown Abby bus and I am hearing it's wonderful and worth a watch. So well done.

Coronation Street is only aired on British and Canadian TV, although some Americans do watch the show because they comment at the CBC Corrie Street forum. This soap has been around since 1960. A couple of the stars from the show are coming over in June and appearing at a theater on Vancouver Island. My daughter and I bought tickets to see them. They will be telling us all what goes on behind the scenes. Should be fun.

Downton Abby is marvelous! It stars Maggie Smith and I love her.

Do you have favourite shows Dio?
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

In the morning

Post by Dale O Sea » 02-21-2013 10:46 AM

Don't care for the massive mainstream media malevolence? Let No Agenda's media assassins Adam Curry & John C Dvorak give them 2 to the head with their brand of unsponsored news deconstruction and analysis.

Download a podcast or catch them LIVE Sunday and Thursday at noon eastern time, 9 pacific. Crackpot Adam and Buzzkill John C will be live in less than an hour and a half. I'll be in the chatroom with a couple hundred other slaves - join us.

:miked: :mason: :miked:

http://www.noagendashow.com/

http://nashownotes.com/
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-21-2013 11:18 PM

Raggedyann wrote: Coronation Street is only aired on British and Canadian TV, although some Americans do watch the show because they comment at the CBC Corrie Street forum. This soap has been around since 1960. A couple of the stars from the show are coming over in June and appearing at a theater on Vancouver Island. My daughter and I bought tickets to see them. They will be telling us all what goes on behind the scenes. Should be fun.

Ditto Maggie Smith - I watch very little television per say but I am hooked on Boardwalk Empire - and TCM for the old movies as I like movies in general - whether watching at home or seeing them on the big screen.

Oh that does sound like fun and mother daughter outings are such good memories.

Sounds like Coronation Street is an institution having been around over 50 years.

Know what??? I think I will order Seasons 1&2 of Downtown Abby and start watching as I understand the acting is so good and I love Maggie Smith as well.
A man's character is his fate

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 02-22-2013 12:07 AM

Ra, Dio,

Many years ago I was somewhere, where they ran "Coronation" Street, for several weeks and of course was hooked immediately and then it was gone. I can still see some of the characters. Any thing The Brits put out is fine with me. My Sister got me the whole series of "Doc Martin" which I just love. My Sis has been trying to get me to order the one with the Mid-Wifes, can't remember the name of it? Do you know Ra? Now I may have to get Dowton Abby Too :)

G'nite :bighug:

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-22-2013 12:34 AM

I wish I had watched Boardwalk Empire Dio. I wasn't subscribed to HBO when it started. Today I watched "Kramer V Kramer" on one of the channels that runs old classics. What a fabulous movie it was! I first saw it in Hawaii in 1979. The little boy in that movie was an astoundingly good actor.!

The one you are referring to Doka is "Call The Midwife" and season 2 starts in March. :)
Last edited by Raggedyann on 02-22-2013 12:38 AM, edited 1 time in total.
“For evil to flourish, it only requires good men to do nothing.” Simon Wiesenthal

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-22-2013 12:36 AM

MEDIA HYPNOSIS. This is probably not the thread to discuss modern TV. I love ya but take it to the brig lassies.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-22-2013 12:39 AM

Fan wrote: MEDIA HYPNOSIS. This is probably not the thread to discuss modern TV. I love ya but take it to the brig lassies.

OK Laddy! :)

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 02-22-2013 01:05 AM

Raggedyann wrote: Coronation Street is only aired on British and Canadian TV, although some Americans do watch the show because they comment at the CBC Corrie Street forum. This soap has been around since 1960. A couple of the stars from the show are coming over in June and appearing at a theater on Vancouver Island. My daughter and I bought tickets to see them. They will be telling us all what goes on behind the scenes. Should be fun.

Hmmmmmm......isen't it strange when you find out who you have things n common with? I'm not going to pretend I don't injoy some mind mush now and then but mostly sports and news. It's the reason I have cable. Most everything else I can download. And yea, I got the man cave with multiple screens and inputs and outputs and doohickeys and sound but that's pretty much a hobby. I have Macs and Pc's and iPads and Kindals I phones and lap tops and touch screens . Thumb drives, external drives, cd,DVDs. PS-ones two and threes an X box even a Game Cube! And a cat for my lap.:)

But most of the time. At three o'clock in the morning. After the rest of the life forms in my house are tucked in. I retreat to my man cave....with my cat....
and catch up on my weekly episodes of. CORONATION STREET! I also never miss an episode of EastEnders.

They don't broadcast them here RA but I download them on newsgroups. I probably have the last three years of EastEnders on a hard drive if anyone is interested.

Were like bedfellows RA .:tonguesmi
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

BenSlain
Pirate

Post by BenSlain » 02-22-2013 01:09 AM

Fan wrote: MEDIA HYPNOSIS. This is probably not the thread to discuss modern TV. I love ya but take it to the brig lassies.

What....:realmad: It took me a long time to type all that in the dark in a car at one in the morning! Then fix all the dumb Mac spell checkers mistakes.:messedup:
Put in a prison cell, but one time he could-a been The champion of the world.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-22-2013 04:58 AM

BenSlain wrote: What....:realmad: It took me a long time to type all that in the dark in a car at one in the morning! Then fix all the dumb Mac spell checkers mistakes.:messedup:

I have started a new thread.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 02-22-2013 09:32 AM

I don't care that much, it is just too ironic for me to bear.

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-24-2013 07:30 PM

Diogenes
Pirate

Post by Diogenes » 02-24-2013 10:39 PM

Raggedyann wrote: ...

Well really I think I resemble that.:lolchimp:
A man's character is his fate

Raggedyann
Pirate

Post by Raggedyann » 02-25-2013 12:18 AM

Diogenes wrote: Well really I think I resemble that.:lolchimp:

You have company. Moi! :D

Return to “Conspiracies/Black Ops”