A bun in the oven, and a bomb in the closet

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

A bun in the oven, and a bomb in the closet

Post by SquidInk » 12-31-2012 11:41 AM

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh ... ZyfC1pLVXN
The privileged daughter of a prominent city doctor, and her boyfriend — a Harvard grad and Occupy Wall Street activist — have been busted for allegedly having a cache of weapons and a bombmaking explosive in their Greenwich Village apartment.

Morgan Gliedman — who is nine-months pregnant — and her baby daddy, Aaron Greene, 31, also had instructions on making bombs, including a stack of papers with a cover sheet titled, “The Terrorist Encyclopedia,’’ sources told The Post yesterday.

People who know Greene say his political views are “extreme,” the sources said.
Jeez. Aside from the obvious sad hilarity of this situation, we learn that 'baby daddy' is now a term fit for use by 'journalists'.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

kbot
Pirate

Re: A bun in the oven, and a bomb in the closet

Post by kbot » 12-31-2012 01:31 PM

SquidInk wrote: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh ... ZyfC1pLVXN

Jeez. Aside from the obvious sad hilarity of this situation, we learn that 'baby daddy' is now a term fit for use by 'journalists'.

Harvard, huh? Wonder if he also attended The New School......

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 12-31-2012 01:38 PM

The "perks" of a "Higher Education"! How impressive!
:D

Diogenes
Pirate

Re: A bun in the oven, and a bomb in the closet

Post by Diogenes » 12-31-2012 02:15 PM

SquidInk wrote: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manh ... ZyfC1pLVXN

Interesting because for years referring to police on the news as "cops" annoys me - as you can see I am easily offended and annoyed:D
A man's character is his fate

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-02-2013 02:15 PM

I don't even understand what baby daddy means... is this person a baby who is also a father? Or is he just immature mentally so he acts like a baby?

Cherry Kelly
Pirate

Post by Cherry Kelly » 01-03-2013 09:43 AM

baby daddy - means he is a "new father" the baby's daddy! :)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 01-03-2013 10:02 AM

Cherry Kelly wrote: baby daddy - means he is a "new father" the baby's daddy! :)
hmm no the way you said it means that: "baby's daddy". However, amazingly, in English we already have a word for that, Father.

I assume this is some sort of TV phenomenon that I have managed thankfully to miss.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 01-03-2013 10:39 AM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... y+daddies+
Baby Daddy

Slang term for the father of an illegitimate child. There's usually two kinds of "baby daddies", those that accept responsibility for their actions and those that abandon their fatherly duties in favor of living life as if the child never existed. Some "baby daddies" are usually tricked into such a situation as part of the old-fashioned plan women will put into play if they suspect the loss of their (in)significant other, usually out of attachment and/or net worth of the "baby daddy". Otherwise the whole thing is just an accident and both mother and father are at fault because they were careless. Either way or another, a "baby daddy" can run, but he'll NEVER be able to hide from his actions.
  • Me: So, how's the baby daddy doing?
    Her: Don't call him that! It sounds so... ghetto! Say 'baby father'.
    Me: Oh come on, it's not all that bad as it sounds! baby daddy!
    Her: Shut up!
The way I have known this to be used is in the context of a modern woman looking for man of sufficient genetic 'mojo' to act as a 'sperm donor' & father a child (and satisfy a need to nurture, presumably), without expectation of an ongoing relationship. She is literally seeking a 'daddy' for her baby, who will also double as a source of child support, but will not be invited to stay for any kind of traditional relationship.

The term has a deserved negative connotation, I think, due to the 'unwitting dupe' characterization attached to the man involved.

It's certainly teen slang, and I was, sadly, not overly shocked to see it used by a professional outfit. Why not also refer to the female as a 'skank'? That's the vocabulary level we're on with this.
Last edited by SquidInk on 01-03-2013 10:48 AM, edited 1 time in total.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Return to “Conspiracies/Black Ops”