Starfish Prime

Moderator: Super Moderators

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-20-2012 08:48 AM

No, they are safe.
For if it profit, none dare call it Treason.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-20-2012 08:50 AM

SquidInk wrote: No, they are safe.
I am finally at peace. I am dismantling my bomb shelter today and throwing out my iodine pills. FREEDOM!

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-20-2012 08:52 AM

Yeah, stop acting like a terrorist.

Dale O Sea
Rogue Wingnut Pirate

Post by Dale O Sea » 07-20-2012 08:53 AM

Fan wrote: sooo... nukes not quite as bad as we may have thought? :)
Here's a crazy professor-like theory I have pondered, perhaps we, as an evolving species, need a little jump-start from some kind of radiation exposure to kick us up to the next big step in human evolution.

...maybe not. :glasses:
[size=0]"Question everything, especially your media and their motives. -Me[/size]

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-20-2012 08:54 AM

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... clear-test
"I remembered I had a baseball cap, and I thought, 'I'd better wear that, just in case,"' Yo****ake recalls.
See? Everything was done with safety in mind.

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-20-2012 08:55 AM

Dale O Sea wrote: Here's a crazy professor-like theory I have pondered, perhaps we, as an evolving species, need a little jump-start from some kind of radiation exposure to kick us up to the next big step in human evolution.

...maybe not. :glasses:
Well, that is one of the prevailing theories of how it happens I guess.. solar radiation causing DNA damage and mutations. So, not so crazy :)

Fan
Lady with a

Post by Fan » 07-20-2012 08:55 AM

SquidInk wrote: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_162- ... clear-test

See? Everything was done with safety in mind.

LOL! He just wanted to hide his bald spot.

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-20-2012 09:01 AM

"Yeah, we all had a good time," Yo****ake says. "They were very happy it went off. In fact, there was one guy who passed out cigars. I remember they were all smoking and slapping each other and shaking hands that they survived."
The films that are still classified show all of the previous attempts, where the bomb is ignited too low in the atmosphere, and the soldiers are fried like the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Did you see the way that nuke took the paint off the bus in #12?
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-20-2012 09:19 AM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-21-2012 05:40 AM

Wow Squid, thanks. I find this fascinating because I was in the Air Force in the 70s and while obviously not in these particular tests, still was exposed to the whole military mindset.

But, also I work in a radiology dept, so have some knowledge of radiation and radiobiology.

I found this item from the document you had posted interesting:

"The Bluegill Prime disaster seriously affected the health of US Naval Air Force, Navy Patrol Squadron Six, Flight Crew One, who were present at Johnston Island during Starfish, Starfish Prime, and Bluegill Prime. One crewmember Michael Thomas notes that the flight crew and ground support staff were trapped on the Island following the destruction of the 1.4-megaton warhead of Bluegill Prime. The Squadron members of ‘VP-6’ present during that episode suffered an 85% casualty rate of illness and cancers in subsequent years: non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma was the biggest killer plus thyroid cancer, throat cancer, oesophageal cancer, kidney cancer, multiple myaloma, and various skin cancers. 30% of the crew experienced reproductive inefficiency up to and including stillbirth and deformities.[6] "

Shortly after my wife was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a few years back, I went to speak with the staff who work in the cancer registry office at the hospital where I work so that I could get some information about thyroid cancer. One of the women there explained that this form of cancer is the fastest-growing cancers n the country and the doctors can't figure out why. More than likely, since cancers can take decades to develop, thyroid (as with most other cancers) have their origins in the nuclear weapons tests in the 50s and early 60s. People who were children then are adults now, and the prevailing west-t-east wind currents carried the particulates across the country.

I don't think that the military minds knew this would occur back then, but, it makes me put the broadcasting of Ozzie and Harriette in a new light.......

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 07-21-2012 07:35 AM

There are other diseases which seem to be on the rise, which I have to wonder in changes in the environment conditions.

As with any animal, humans included, it can take four or six decades to recognize the links between the disease and the trigger mechanism.

I do think that sometimes, because not enough people are sick there is a move by industry and government to cover it up. For example, in Japan they have raised the exposure standard, because they can't meet the present standard.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-21-2012 10:05 AM

voguy wrote: I do think that sometimes, because not enough people are sick there is a move by industry and government to cover it up. For example, in Japan they have raised the exposure standard, because they can't meet the present standard.

Happens all the time.......

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 07-21-2012 10:44 AM

kbot wrote: Wow Squid, thanks. I find this fascinating because I was in the Air Force in the 70s and while obviously not in these particular tests, still was exposed to the whole military mindset.
Glad you found this interesting. The period of American military history between 1947 & 1970 is fascinating. The audacity, vision, and the devil-may-care approach are mind boggling (in good ways and in bad ways). This is the era that gave us Armstrong and Yeager (name one test pilot today...), the B-58 'Hustler' (a revolutionary supersonic delta wing jet bomber, calculated on slide rules!), the 'sonic boom', the Bell X-1, 'MiG Alley', Ike & Kennedy, Operation Moolah, Apollo, the Orion Project, and on and on. It was larger than life - truly a time when America was 'Heroic'. There was also an extreme dark side to it - which I find equally interesting. Lastly, I enjoy the imagery, the graphical stylings, and even the related vernacular.

However, to be fair, that whole generation of innovators & daredevil dreamers embraced a hot-shot, Rat-Pack, bourbon-on-the-rocks kind of swagger. In many ways they failed to 'pay it forward', 'it' being the real 'American Dream'. They let their paranoia, their greed, and the 'Red Scare' trump their faith, and re-define their priorities. Consequently, while I look back with admiration, reverence, and even a desire to be like them - I look forward, into the world they wrought and come near to despair. It would be tragic to learn with certainty that your wife is needlessly suffering due to our inability to properly keep our 'macho' in check all those years ago.

Every generation makes the same mistakes - but those folks were extreme risk takers, and they were extremely effective in all they did. Therefore the consequences of their activities, both good and bad, are all the more tactile.

You might also enjoy this: showthread.php?threadid=46236
Last edited by SquidInk on 07-21-2012 01:25 PM, edited 1 time in total.

kbot
Pirate

Post by kbot » 07-21-2012 01:57 PM

I love to watch Cold War era movies. There's something about the times, whether 1950s or 1960 movies, whether military related or not, although my favorites are the military-related movies of the times. There was an agenda here, I am sure, but, for me, looking at the equipment, cars, planes, ships - in addition to clothing, mannerisms and such - it all represents a bygone era, even if only a Hollywood version of it.

We still have some old Cold War-era military installations around here to remind us, but, you may have to look hard to find any remnants since in many cases these have been turned over to civilian use. So, we have an old Nike base that is now home to a local college, other Nike sites have been turned into housing and little league fields. And you can also see the remains of the batteries that once held gun emplacements at local parks.

Can't prove that my wife's cancer is definitely related to the weapons testing, but that's the funny thing about cancer - it can be totally unrelated, but mimics closely other causes....

SquidInk

Post by SquidInk » 10-01-2012 02:17 PM

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/new ... t-fake-art
Nuclear fallout used to spot fake art

Scientists and art historians have developed what they say is a foolproof way of identifying forged works of art. They can distinguish between art created before 1945 and that produced after that date by measuring levels of the isotopes caesium–137 and strontium–90. These isotopes do not occur naturally but are released into the environment by nuclear blasts.

Over 2000 nuclear tests have been carried out since the first atomic explosion took place in New Mexico in July 1945, and the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki were bombed a few weeks later. Among the by-products of these tests are caesium-137 and strontium-90, tiny quantities of which make their way into the Earth’s soil and plants. It is then via the natural oils, such as linseed from the flax plant, that are used as binding agents in paints that these isotopes end up in post-1945 art.

Return to “Conspiracies/Black Ops”