News, information, and comment about 'the media'

Moderator: Super Moderators

voguy
Pirate

Return of Batman and Robin?

Post by voguy » 06-05-2016 04:49 PM

LINK TO STORY

Adam West and Burt Ward will team up again as Batman and Robin
They aren't ready to hang up their capes just yet.
Posted: June 1, 2016, 2:05PM By: MeTV Staff

Holy reunion, Batman! It's been over 50 years since Batman fought for the attention of television audiences around the country. But just because it's been half a century, doesn't mean Adam West and Burt Ward are done with the cult series quite yet.

In a recent appearance at Megacon 2016, the show's star teased a collaboration in the near future.

"Well, I have a gag order," stated West. But that didn't stop him from continuing, "Me and Burt have been working on a new project that's just gonna knock your socks off, and believe me, it's our Batman and Robin."

This wouldn't be the first time the actors teamed up to reprise the roles they made famous in the 1960s. The show's enduring popularity and legacy allowed the duo to suit up in a number of revivals and specials, including The New Adventures of Batman and Legends of the Superheroes, among many others.

Last year, Ward and West announced they would voice the Dynamic Duo in a 90-minute animated film, most likely direct-to-DVD, in honor of the show's 50th anniversary. Nothing has been revealed since that announcement, so it's unclear whether West was referring to this project or something entirely new.

Whatever the new project may be, it's great to see the actors are still fond of the superheroes they portrayed 50 years ago.

What do you think? Will it be a full on reboot of the campy '60s series, or will they make a cameo in a bigger project? We'll have to stay tuned to find out.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Malaria_Kidd II
Pirate
Location: SW IN USA-UK Midlands SCANIAowner @ Sound Cloud - @ Supernaturalearth

Re: Return of Batman and Robin?

Post by Malaria_Kidd II » 06-05-2016 07:18 PM

What do I think? I say it will be a movie made for cable/satellite only on HBO. :wink: Then soon afterwards a DVD will be released lining the pockets of someone other than Adam West and Burt Ward. :P As a teenager I seldom missed those shows! 8)

Here's Batman and Robin in their 1st of 15 serials for American theaters shown sain the late 40's. My late cousin's emergency response vehicle was a 1947 Hudson! :D

It's all explained here along with a video of Episode 1. It's awaiting it's first comment on page 2 so it can return to page 1...... :mrgreen:

http://fantasticforum.com/1res/viewtopi ... 70&t=49671

MK2 :)
Last edited by Malaria_Kidd II on 06-06-2016 09:00 PM, edited 1 time in total.
[*]@ #2 Find the eerie antedating of 12/7/1941 vs 9/11/01

#1 A

https://youtu.be/DUY8aSx8-yo

#1 B

🌎 🏔 🌏 🗻 🌍 🌋
https://youtu.be/ajRuvYMk30E

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/superna ... -t543.html

fos
Pirate

Post by fos » 06-05-2016 08:53 PM

They must be super heroes if they could still do a series. I was in the eighth grade when the series came out on the then new ABC.

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-05-2016 09:46 PM

Wow, Adam West is 87 . It would be a hoot if they made a real life movie together. :D A trivia question for you . What do Adam West and John Lear have in common?
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Doka
Pirate

Post by Doka » 06-06-2016 08:14 AM

No guesses? They both had the same wife, she and West are still together after some 40 years or so. John was not happy about the loss. But he too, has been happily remarried for a long time.
KARMA RULES

Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities': Voltaire

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-06-2016 04:00 PM

Doka wrote:No guesses? They both had the same wife, she and West are still together after some 40 years or so. John was not happy about the loss. But he too, has been happily remarried for a long time.
Still happily together after 40 years apparently marriage to West hasn't been driving her bats.
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

Everything Woke turns to Image
-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-06-2016 05:00 PM

Doka wrote:No guesses? They both had the same wife, she and West are still together after some 40 years or so. John was not happy about the loss. But he too, has been happily remarried for a long time.
Interesting. Didn't know that. West was at the NA Car show a while back. I worked with him one night at a St Jude's Telethon in Ohio in the early 90s, and he remembered me, the band's name, and the other stars on that night. He was sharp as a tack.
"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-06-2016 05:11 PM

voguy wrote:
Interesting. Didn't know that. West was at the NA Car show a while back. I worked with him one night at a St Jude's Telethon in Ohio in the early 90s, and he remembered me, the band's name, and the other stars on that night. He was sharp as a tack.
Not like Mayor West of Quohog on Family Guy - Remember how Stan Laurel did a similar dim and dull celluloid counterpart?
A mind should not be so open that the brains fall out; however, it should not be so closed that whatever gray matter which does reside may not be reached. ART BELL

-Donald Trump Image

voguy
Pirate

Post by voguy » 06-06-2016 05:17 PM

West did a short skit with the host of the telethon, which was funny as he called the host "Bobbin".

They had tried to get west to arrive in a Batmobile but they couldn't find one to use. Ironically you can get a replica of the Batmobile now.

Riddick
Pirate

Post by Riddick » 06-06-2016 05:59 PM

voguy wrote:West did a short skit with the host of the telethon, which was funny as he called the host "Bobbin".

They had tried to get west to arrive in a Batmobile but they couldn't find one to use. Ironically you can get a replica of the Batmobile now.
A fella in the area owns one of the originals. He's driven it in a number of local parades and had it on display at events.

His driving on the main drag in town was the first I was aware of it. I was at McDonalds and a bit of a commotion ensued inside the playland, not once but twice as he passed by again going the opposite way.

Cheap thrill. Gotham for a day, eh?

-Donald Trump Image

Riddick
Pirate

Holy Nostalgia, Batman! An Original Batmobile Resides In Oconomowoc

Post by Riddick » 06-07-2016 01:25 AM

Baby Boomers, Bat-Fans and beyond dream of cruising around town in noticeable style if ever given the keys to take Batman's ride for a spin. For Oconomowoc native Craig Schiefelbein, that dream is a reality, tucked away in his personal Batcave in Lake Country. FULL STORY

-Donald Trump Image

Return to “Media Watch”